Community

Season 1 Episode 8

Home Economics

Aired Tuesday 12:00 AM Nov 05, 2009 on Yahoo

Trivia

FILTER BY TYPE

• Trivia

• Pierce's Rap Lyrics: East side, West side, North side, South / Vaughn's breath is so bad, his butt's mad at his mouth / This rap is by Pierce, Vaughn is dumb / He wears diapers to bed and sucks his mother's thumb / And when he wakes up, stupid wishing he was me / He has a big poop breakfast with a glass of pee / Then he goes to school where he's stupid again / And everybody hates him even all his friends / When you come after Pierce then the battle is on / So this rap goes out to stupid Vaughn.

• Goof: When Troy tells Annie that Randi is the name of the girl he would like to date, he says "Thanks for your help", gives her a strange look, and drops his finger. However, as the camera angle changes, it shows Troy with his finger still in the air and moving his lips as if speaking.

• Lyrics to Vaughn and Pierce's Britta Song: Saying bye to Britta was the hardest thing to do. But when someone's a b!tch and a liar, there ain't nothing left to woo. I'm getting rid of Britta, I'm getting rid of the B. (She's a no good B...) I'm getting rid of Britta, I'm getting rid of the B. (She's a GDB...)

• Movie posters in Abed's dorm room include those of Batteries Not Included, Stand By Me, It Came from Beneath the Sea, Back to the Future, Vibes, and Short Circuit 2.

• Quotes

• Pierce: Are you trying to Garfunkel me?
      Vaughn: Maybe. Assuming to Garfunkel someone is to keep putting up with them, even though they are a fat lazy cat who hogs the spotlight and eats all of the lasagna.

• Britta: Excuse me, I have a future murder victim to visit!

• Britta: Don't. Talk. To. Vaughn!
      (Britta walks away)
      Pierce: That is girl for: 'Talk to Vaughn'.

• Abed: Sometimes I like to pour hot cocoa mix into cold milk and drink it like a cold hot chocolate. I call it 'special drink.'
      Jeff: And some day you will know it by its true name, 'diabetes.'

• Abed: Do it, Britta. Seduce him. Draw the tapeworm of Jeff's old self out of him with the bowl of milk that is your sexuality.

• Britta: Are you okay? It looks like you have actual bedhead this morning.
      Jeff: In fashion, I'm what's known as a taste-maker.
      Britta: And you missed an entire side of your face shaving.
      Jeff: And next month, so will Gwen Stefani.

• Pierce: Before AIDS, sex was like shaking hands.
      Abed: Hence AIDS.

• Britta: You need to move on with your life.
      Jeff: Yeah, move on with my life. Schmove schmon schmith schmy scmife!

• Britta: (to Jeff) Downgrading your lifestyle is your chance to grow as a person, maybe even become one.

• Shirley: (to Annie) Love is a gamble always, but waiting won't change the dice. Either you roll them or you lose your turn.

• Jeff: TV's the best dad there is. TV never came home drunk. TV never forgot me at the zoo. TV never abused and insulted me... unless you count Cop Rock.

• Britta: Maybe you're one of those rare people with nothing underneath the surface. Maybe, if you put stain remover on a turd, you don't get a diamond. You just get a turd, with less direction in life.

• Jeff: You're into me.
      Britta: I beg your unbelievable pardon?

• Abed: Jeff, did I say anything in my sleep last night about farm animals or Brian Williams?
      Jeff: (pause) I don't think so.
      Abed: Cool. Cool, cool, cool.

• Jeff: The next person that offers charity or pity will be mentioned by name in my suicide note.

• Notes

• Allusions

• Shirley: I'm 'kinda hoping for a Michael Richards situation.

Shirley, who is watching Pierce and Vaughn perform live, is referring to Seinfeld alum Michael Richards, who shouted racist remarks at black hecklers during his November 2006 live comedy show at the Laugh Factory in Hollywood, California.

• Pierce: Are you trying to Garfunkel me?

The successful singer-songwriter duo of Simon & Garfunkel broke up in 1970 when Art Garfunkel started pursuing an acting career. They went on their separate paths with occasional reunion tours and joint benefit concerts throughout the years.

• Male Nurse: She was the Typhoid Mary of herpes.

Typhoid Mary was the monicker given to Mary Mallon, the first ever person in the U.S. to have been known to carry typhoid fever.

• Britta: [Jeff]'s got a real Phil Spector vibe going.

In April 2009, Phil Spector, a music producer who has collaborated with the likes of The Beatles and The Ramones, was found guilty of second-degree murder of actress Lana Clarkson and was sent to 19 years in prison.

• Male Nurse: I'm kind of the Hawkeye around here.

Hawkeye Pierce (Donald Sutherland) is one of the main characters from M.A.S.H., a '70s/'80s TV series about the staff at an army hospital.

Friday
No results found.
Saturday
No results found.
Sunday
No results found.
More
Less