Community

Season 1 Episode 14

Interpretive Dance

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Jan 21, 2010 on NBC

Trivia

FILTER BY TYPE

• Trivia

• Right before Troy and Britta start their duet, Madame Leclair tells the accompanist (a man with silver hair) to play something modern. But when Britta takes off her teapot hat and throws it, a woman with dark hair is playing the piano.

• When Britta takes off her 'teapot' hat and throws it off stage, it hits the piano player, who promptly pushes it away with her left hand.

• Dean Pelton reveals that the school has a watch list for physically attractive students and faculty. According to the Dean, Jeff is ranked #2 and Professor Slater is ranked #7.

• Quotes

• (Abed and Troy are doing a crossword)
      Troy: 5 letters, Broadway Musical.
      Abed: Annie.
      Troy: 6 letters, "to puncture"
      Abed: Pierce.
      Troy: A water filter that starts with "B"
      Abed: Britta.
      Troy: Helen of--
      Abed: Troy.
      Troy: Damn. You're good. I never even heard that last one. Alright, one of the two brother actors, Bridges. 4 letters. (Thinking) I don't know.. Bridges..
      Jeff: Come on guys, can't you see the pattern there? Can you see it? It's Beau! Beau Bridges. These are all things you can see on TV! Except for Pierce. That's a misdirect.

• Britta: And again, we haven't really spent that much time together.
      Troy: That's because you don't play football. Or have fun.

• Troy: (In his tights) I know it's tempting to try to sneak a peek, but I'm going to need you to keep your eyes up here.

• Britta: Troy! How long have you been taking modern dance?!
      Troy: Since last semester. Coach told me it would help with my coordination, and I fell in love with it-in a very straight way!

• Shirley: Can--can I just ask as a divorced black housewife? What part of being a single, white slacker makes you people so jaded?
      Britta: Ooh, "you people"? What do you mean "you people"? (smiles) I cannot believe I got to say that!
      Shirley: Hmmm, it's the little things, isn't it?

• Britta: Oh my God, how can you do this to me? I'm so disappointed in you!
      Troy: Hey, you don't get to talk to me like that! You are not Shirley! (pause) And Shirley's not my mom!

• Notes

• Allusions

• Pierce: Well Jeff you've taken a big step in knocking down the bearers between students and teachers, just like Rosa Parks.

Rosa Parks was an African-American civil rights activist who refused to sit at the back of the bus which was the law at the time.

• Jeff: like Privacy Smurf, Discrete Bear, or Confidentiality Spice?

Jeff makes reference to three groups that use common surnames, but adjectival first names. Namely the Smurfs, Care Bears, and the Spice Girls in that order.

Today
1:00am
MNT
Friday
MNT
Saturday
MNT
More
Less