Community

Season 1 Episode 7

Introduction to Statistics

Aired Tuesday 12:00 AM Oct 29, 2009 on Yahoo

Trivia

FILTER BY TYPE

• Trivia

• When Pierce's mother is on the phone, she says "I saw your father's ghost again. He's still angry." Yet, we meet Pierce's very much alive father in the season three episode "Advanced Gay." Ironically, Pierce's father does die in that episode.

• During the episode the characters dressed up in the following: Jeff as a cowboy, Britta as a squirrel, Abed as Batman, Shirley as Harry Potter, Annie in a skeleton catsuit, Troy as Eddie Murphy from Raw, Pierce as the Beastmaster and Señor Chang as a bull fighter.

• Quotes

• Troy: Jeff, Pierce took something and he is tripping balls! He is touching people and dancing weird. It's like Grumpy Old Men but not hilarious.

• Annie: I will be hosting a Dia de los Muertos party. Dia de los Muertos or Day of the Dead. It's sometimes referred to as Mexican Halloween.
      Señor Chang: Which is actually quite offensive to people familiar with Mexican Halloween as a sexual position.

• Jeff: Hey, you in the skirt! Date me.
      Professor Slater: I'd like to, Mr. Winger. You're tall. You dress nice. And I've graded enough of your tests to know that I'd never feel mentally inadequate.
      Jeff: Thank you.
      Professor Slater: Only problem, I don't date students.

• Annie: I am putting my foot down, you understand? I am being assertive. And I am making eye contact. And it is achieving results!
      Jeff: Are you trying to get formidable with me?
      Annie: It worked on Pierce.
      Jeff: Infomercials work on Pierce.

• (Abed enters the party in a Batman costume)
      Abed: (talking to Jeff with Batman's voice) There's a storm building on the horizon. But you and I will save the night. Chex Mix, pretzels, baby carrots. Predictable but appetizing.

• (Jeff is dressed as a cowboy and Professor Slater as Robin Hood)
      Professor Slater: I have to admit, this outfit's doing it for me. I may or may not have been deflowered by a junior rodeo champion.
      Jeff: You remind me of my first time too.
      Professor Slater: You lost your virginity to Robin Hood?
      Jeff: No, with an attractive woman at a party. We seemed destined to repeat history.

• Abed: (dressed as Batman; to Jeff) I know I'm not Batman. You could try not being a jerk.

• Jeff: (to Pierce) If life is just a series of ridiculous attempts to be alive, you're a hero to everything that's ever lived.

• (both Abed and Troy doing a Batman voice)
      Troy: That's one of my biggest fears.
      Abed: What is?
      Troy: If I ever like woke up as a doughnut.
      Abed: You would eat yourself.
      Troy: I wouldn't even question it.
      Abed: Hmmm, that'd be tasty.
      Troy: It's cool to know other people think about this stuff too.
      Abed: Yeah. Yeah.

• Notes

• This episode was nominated for the 2010 NAACP Image Award for "Outstanding Directing in a Comedy Series".

• Original International Air Dates:
      Canada: October 29, 2009 on Citytv
      Latin America: March 18, 2010 on Sony Entertainment Television (a.k.a. Canal Sony)
      Sweden: March 15, 2010 on TV6
      Czech Republic: December 29, 2012 on SMICHOV

• Allusions

• Jeff: Oh, thanks, Urkel!
      Shirley: I'm Harry Potter.

While Shirley dressed up for the costume party as Harry Potter, the teenage wizard in the Harry Potter young adult novel and film series, Jeff and the others see her as Urkel, a geeky character from the '90s TV comedy series Family Matters who wears thick glasses and a cardigan sweater over chequered shirts.

Friday
No results found.
Saturday
No results found.
Sunday
No results found.
More
Less