Community

Messianic Myths and Ancient Peoples

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Oct 21, 2010 on NBC

6.9
  • Season low.

I've got nothing against episodes that spotlight religion even if I'm not particularly religious, I just don't think this episode was done well. Abed went uber-meta against Shirley's wishes and found himself caught up in a project doomed to poor quality so he prays and Shirley hears so she halts production for good. Abed is still seen as a meta-master to his former movie minions and Shirley takes on the role of the bad guy to help him escape his project. I'm not really sure what message they were trying to get across here, it just seemed like a very unfocused episode. I really can't remember any parts I enjoyed, and yet I really like this show.
  • Pierce hangs out with an elderly bad crowd and Abed makes a meta religious film.

First off I love this show and love Abed, but this episode was really bad. It seemed like they were trying to be different and it fell flat. The problem was the Abed story and him trying to make the movie meta. I found the Pierce story to be much funnier and more interesting than the main story. If they had done an entire episode of that, then the show would be much better. I loved seeing the "geezer" group acting like rebellious teens. Abed works great in smaller doses and as commentary on TV tropes. He is fantastic in parodies as well, but this was a bad commentary on pretentiousness and it really fell flat.

Also where were Jeff and the others? Troy had 2-3 short scenes along with Britta. Annie was hardly in it and Jeff only had about 3-4 short scenes.

Jeff is the main focus of the series. It is nice to see the others more, but this stunk.