Community

Pilot

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Sep 17, 2009 on NBC

7.2
  • Meh

From the previous reviews I expected a lot more. Constant comparisons to Stripes just confuse me as I have not seen it, likewise Chevy Chase does nothing for me, over this side of the pond he is nothing more than the dad from the National Lampoon's Vacation films, which are not top of my list for repeat viewing, and other stuff like Caddyshack and the Three Amigos. The concept of a Community College is another idea that doesn't really translate well to us overseas, and is not explained all that well. Then there's Jeff who is a dishonest lawyer (are there any other kind), not the most sympathetic of characters, I honestly don't care about the story of him going back to college because he lied about his education. I was interested to see John Oliver, but don't think he was used that well, either his accent has changed since being in America or he was asked to do a slightly different one from his normal one. He was much better in Important Things with Demetri Martin.
    Maybe this series gets a lot better but I was not blown away, at the moment it's sad to say that the only reason I will give episode 2 a viewing is because Britta and Annie are both beautiful and I liked the actress who plays Annie in Mad Men.
MNT