Community

Pilot

Aired Tuesday 12:00 AM Sep 17, 2009 on Yahoo

7.2
  • Pilot episode.

A good start to NBC's "Community" Watching it the first time around, I wouldn't say it was the strongest comedy in Prime-time, but it was still pretty good. We've got dynamic characters that all have a "thing" about them, which makes them intriguing. All of the characters are instantly likable, and some of the jokes unexpectedly worked here.

Now I doubt this show will become one of my favorites but it's definitely better than some of the other stuff that's on TV right now from what I can see from the pilot. The end of the episode left us with a good feeling, and Jeff's speech was really great about what makes humans different from everything else.

I do have to commend this show on it's writing, but I don't know if I have to commend the show on it's acting. Most of the actors are fairly new except Chevy Chase and Yvette Nicole Brown. But actors like Joel Mchale, I fail to take seriously, and I think we all know why.

There are better pilots out there, but this is pilot is good enough to tune in next week.