Community

Pilot

Aired Tuesday 12:00 AM Sep 17, 2009 on Yahoo

7.2
  • If you don't find this show funny, you may need to get checked out...

It may seem, at first glance, that this show is about a guy named Jeff Winger who unhappily winds up at a community college when his law degree is found to be less than legit, but it is really about so much more than that.

In his first day, he starts a fake Spanish study group just to try and get closer to Britta Perry, but winds up with a room full of six other students, all varying in age, nationality and social backgrounds. he blows them all off at first, and Britta sees right through him. But, in the end, they accept him and he accepts them. This show has a lot of heart. After just the pilot I found myself really caring for the characters. Each of them bring something unique to the table: Jeff is the narcissistic leader; Britta is an activist (sort of); Shirley is the sweet mother hen; Annie is the smart one; Abed is so innocent and provides countless television references (LOVE IT!!); Troy is kinda dumb but can deliver a line and make me laugh every time; and Pierce, well... while he can be abrasive and bigoted, he definitely has his moments.

This show will be one of my very top favorites for a very, very long time.