Community

Season 1 Episode 1

Pilot

Aired Tuesday 12:00 AM Sep 17, 2009 on Yahoo

Trivia

FILTER BY TYPE

• Trivia

• Jeff said he's on a 4-year probationary period because he lied about having a bachelor's degree. The Colorado Bar Association automatically disbars anyone who does that for a minimum of 8 years. And even then, a reinstatement to the bar after that period would be highly unlikely.

• Quotes

• Troy: Whoa, you just wrinkled my brain.

• Professor Duncan: I thought you had a Bachelor's from Columbia.
      Jeff: And now I have to get one from America. And it can't be an e-mail attachment.

• Jeff: If I wanted to learn something, I wouldn't have come to community college.

• Duncan: I'm asking you if you know the difference between right and wrong?
      Jeff: I discovered at a very early age that if I talk long enough, I could make anything right or wrong. So, either I'm God or truth is relative. And in either case, boo-yah!

• Britta: I think actually we should prioritize here and study first and then go to dinner... And if they really prove to be untutorable, we'll slip out early.
      Jeff: Oh, they will be untutorable!

• Shirley: You have been sexually harassing me since the first day of class.
      Pierce: Sexually harassing? Wha-- that makes no sense to me. Why would I harass somebody who turns me on?

• Britta: Wait, so-- so this is a game to you? You put human beings into a state of emotional shambles for a shot of getting in my pants?
      Jeff: Why can't you see that for the compliment that it is?

• Jeff: You have just stopped being a study group. You have become something unstoppable. I hereby pronounce you a community!

• Jeff: That's what I do! I make things up. And I got paid a lot of money to do it before I came to this school-shaped toilet. I was a lawyer!

• Troy: (chuckles) Asperger.
      Annie: It's a serious disorder.
      Pierce: So serious, why don't they call it meningitis?

• Notes

• Allusions

• Jeff: ...and we can give Ben Affleck an Academy Award for screenwriting.

This is in reference to the 1997 film Good Will Hunting, for which Ben Affleck shared a 1998 Oscar for Best Writing (Screenplay Written Directly for the Screen) with co-writer and co-star Matt Damon.

Today
4:30am
MNT
Tuesday
1:00am
MNT
Wednesday
1:00am
MNT
More
Less