Community

Season 3 Episode 4

Remedial Chaos Theory

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Oct 13, 2011 on NBC

Trivia

FILTER BY TYPE

• Trivia

• In the second to last scene, Pierce is shown throwing away the present he brought for Troy. Few seconds later, when Jeff returns, he can be seen doing the same thing again.

• In the first shot, Annie asks Britta "didn't they say 304?" at the door of Troy and Abed's apartment (No. 303) and Britta responds "No, 303, I wrote it down twice".

This is a reference to the fact that this episode was shot as the third of the season and planned to air as 3x03 but was later changed to 3x04. Gilian Jacobs wrote the joke after the change was made.

• Quotes

• Abed: Guys, I've been thinking about that night over and over and one thing's become clear. This is the darkest, most terrible timeline.
      Britta: Enough with the timeline crap, Abed! Pierce got shot in the leg and died. Shirley's a drunk. Annie's locked in a mental ward because her guilt drove her insane. Jeff lost an arm in the fire. Troy lost his larynx because, for some dumb reason, he tried to destroy a flaming troll doll by eating it.
      Troy: (computerized voice) Clearly you don't understand anything about defeating trolls.
      Britta: Life has gone to hell, Abed! This is real! Look at us! Look at me!
      Jeff: Britta, you put one wash-away blue streak in your hair and I lost an arm.
      Britta: Exactly. Life got dark.

• Britta: Hey, guys, this is Toby, our pizza delivery guy. And I know this is gonna sound nuts, but we're in love and we're gonna get married.

• Britta: (about Jeff) He's butting antlers with you because you're a threat now. You've got your own place, you've got a future, you've got a...bowl full of olives next to the toilet.
      Troy: It's a fancy party, Britta.

• Troy: Uh, guys? What does a pregnancy test look like?
      Jeff: It's like a thin piece of plastic with a thing at the end of it.
      Troy: (Pulls a gun out of Annie's purse) Okay, so this is definitely a gun.

• Jeff: (On who should get the pizza) Starting on my left with one, your number comes up, you go.
      Abed: Just so you know Jeff, you are now creating six different time lines.
      Jeff: Of course I am, Abed.

• Jeff: I have to leave early.
      Abed: Oh?
      Jeff: Yeah, sorry. I've got an invite to the opening of a new club. (holds up invitation) Look at this place, it's like it was designed for me.
      Abed: It was. I made that in Photoshop and mailed it to you a month ago, so you would keep tonight open on your calendar.
      Jeff: There's no such thing as Single Malt Platinum Boobs and Billiards Club? (pauses, sighs) I guess I never said it out loud.

• Abed: We read a book on how to be perfect party hosts. Rule number one: dress to impress.
      Troy: Rule number two: avoid touchy topics like the Negro problem. (pauses) The book was written in the 40s.

• Notes

• Though Jim Rash and Ken Jeong are credited, they don't appear in this episode.

• Original International Air Dates:
      Canada: October 13, 2011 on Citytv
      Sweden: October 22, 2012 on TV6
      Czech Republic: February 13, 2013 on SMICHOV

• Allusions

Wednesday
1:00am
MNT
10:25am
COMEDY
Thursday
1:00am