Community

NBC (ended 2014)

I_LOVE_NCIS

Community Fan Reviews (116)

• 6th Season - renewed by Yahoo Screen

Great news!
  • Still waiting on Hulu....

Some time has past, but I still feel the sting. Come on Hulu!!! The Greendale Five need you!
  • This is one of the darkest moments in TV history

This is a great show. It is like live South Park in the community college.

I cannot believe that why the show is cancelled with a lot of things unsettled.

I need a better ending.
  • Great, clever and original.

I can't believe that sitcoms as the Big Bang theory,Two and a half men and 2 broke girls are still on, and creative shows as community and arrested development got cancelled, this is just sad.
  • Top Shows

Most ep, need to see web ep (13-14)
  • The GI Joe episode

The GI Joe episode is the only one of your Shows we actually watched. It was much better thab all the rest of your episode put together. Maybe you stubled onto a winner.
  • I Miss Pierce

I love this show and love the fact that Dan H is back. Season 4 wasn't that great but it had its moment and it was still ok and funnier than 95% of the comedies on Tv in my honest opinion. I don't know if am the only one here or maybe am part of a minority but i really miss Chevy Chase's character on this show. I think he is one of the funniest guys on community. The stuff he says and the way he says it, is so freaking hilarious that I just wish they could have resolved the issue with him. I am loving season 5 and the new additions have been well executed and it would definitely be still as good as the earlier season if not better. Its just for me community without Pierce just doesn't feel the same for me!!!!
  • Season 1, season 2, season 3, season 5. Did I miss something? Nope.

Great show with clever writing and new ideas. It really breaks ground on what can be done within 30 minutes.

NBC needs to wake up and stop airing it during the same slot as the Big Bang Theory (which somehow gets views despite its lack of

Community may be beyond the point where it will hit the high ratings but is poised to be a show that becomes a cult classic well beyond its years.

Now if only we could get rid of that awful 4th season.

6 seasons and a movie!
  • Season 5 Great!

So, it seems a lot of people don't know what happened with season 4. Basically the original writer of the show, Dan Harmon, and Chevy Chase, had beef, to say the least. Dan Harmon ended up getting the boot. Not pointing any fingers btw, wish they could have worked it all out, i think they have all been important elements to the show. However, I think it was clear something important was missing when I started watching season 4, and that was Dan Harmon.

That being said, they actually re-hired him to continue writing the show again! And season 5 looks great so far. Prepare for many more laughs.
  • Like a Duracell bunny

This is a show that doesn't want to quit even if it is running out of juice. I was sure the s04 was the end of it, but no, new batteries and here we go again. Fingers crossed for s05.

On the flip side the Community has a huge re-watchable qualities. I had accidentally seen the episode from s03 "Documentary Filmmaking: Redux" already more than 3 times and it is one of the finest comedy around.
  • Very good show overall

Very good show overall, which try to stay away from some clichs I hate in TV shows.

Some very good characters.

It's just a shame that the first episodes from season 1 are so average.
  • Mediocre television show.

No premise, uninteresting characters, poorly written. Half the time I'm just wondering why these people are standing around in a room together and why they have nothing better to do. I do realize given the fact that users have given Community an overgenerous rating and that it's mentioned 24/7 on reddit that many people here will disagree with me however if you can watch this show and not see how bad the writing is, how superficial and dull the characters are, and how all of these characters seem bound to one another in episode after episode purely for the writers convenience, not because they have real or convincing relationships with one another, then I really don't care.

• Love the show

Best show eveeeer. My fav's are Jeff,Annie,Troy and Chang .
  • great show

i like this show and like the different and fun of the show and it make my day by how fun it is. i like to see more of the show. i like season 1-3. season 4 feel like it ending the show. i was worry. i hope season 5 it as good and great. i hope and want more because of a great show
  • have you been all my life, Community? Season 4 INCLUDED

Listen, I had to edit my review now that Season 4 is almost over. I did take one point away simply because season 4 really hasn't been spectacular as WHOLE, but there have been some amazing episodes, such as Paranormal Parentage, Cooperative Escapism in Familial Relations, Herstory of Dance, Intro to Felt Surrogacy, Intro to Knots, Heroic Origins. It took the new showrunners a little bit to get on track, but it's still the same show. Us TV nerds just have a hard time looking past the publicized Behind the scenes shakeups. The show is still really good. Hope NBC renews it for another go-around. I'm not ready to depart the Study Group just yet.

The 4th Season is shorter, and different in tone. It's not as great as the previous seasons but it is still enjoyable, it's not like every episode is horrible and without merit now. I'm still looking for Season 5, and that's all that matters right

My favorite of Abed. He makes the show.

• wheres more episodes???

This is my FAVOURITE show, why aren't there any more episodes? This is literally depressing...
  • annie's boobs

season 4 is worse than the others but i still watch it because i love the people but also you should something with chang and changnesia already ! also why hasnt it played in 2 weeks ? pierce you need to stay in the show !!!!!!!! hope you come back community ...
  • Season 4 was the biggest pile of *** I've ever seen in my entire life

Anyone who has ever written a novel, screenplay or whatever knows there are three basic elements to storytelling:

1. Storytelling (aka Style): The way that story is being unfolded. This could be slow and epic, this could be fast paced and funny. There are alot of stylistic elements going into this. And there isn't really a right or wrong. Season 1,2,3 of community had a slow but steady storytelling useing epilogues to create tention. Just try to keep this in mind

2. Character design: The way that characters are portrayed. Either they're a douche, or nice, or narcisistic (*cough* Jeff). This doesn't really change all that much because people rarely change. And if they do, it takes some effort on the part of others to make them change. Try to keep this in mind ;)

3. STORY! The actual happenings of what's happening ;) In Season 3 we had warmonger Chang, we had the Epilogue about City Colleges invasion, chang being connected to them and of course Starburns still being alive.

Now. Coming from somebody who has written 3 stand alone novels, tons of fan fiction and 5 of her schools theater department productions let me tell you:

YOU CAN ONLY CHANGE ONE THING AT A TIME!

Get that?

You can either change the style of the show. Or you can let some of the characters evolve. OR you can abandon whole story elements and switch them for others. But you can't do all at the same time. You can do them one after another but not at the same time.

Season 4 did exactly that. They screwed up the style, they completely reinvented ALL the characters and they (mostly) ignored all the given plot elements from post Season 4. That's why this season sucks! It's not because Dan Harmond isn't there anymore.

It's literally because the new writers DON'T KNOW HOW TO WRITE FUCKING STORIES!!! Period!

I remained sceptical of the season until the very end and have come to the conclusion that either NBC wants to tank the show OR that the entire writing staff on community has been replaced by imbicile monkeys.

If you like Season 4 of community you can't have been a great fan of the series. I just had a marathon with a few friends where we watched all 4 seasons in 4 days. And it became painfully obvious. Even after literally knowing the episodes by heart Season 1-3 got laughs. Season 4 had embarrased silence and awkward conversations.

Unless they get some new writers and they stop dumbing down the humor for Season 5 it is dead to me. I will rather remember it the way it was and not let the new "image" change great memories.

RIP Community
  • What have you done to my favorite show?

I LOVED Community- Seasons 1-3!

This whole season seems off.... I dont understand whats happened to my favorite show.

The plot ideas SEEM interesting but the actual dialogue and side stories are just - awful.

Filled with non sequiturs- It feels like the writers were doing busy work to complete them-You know,

Write "I author Bad Television" 500 times - to cash your paycheck... sort of thing....

Or- This episode must contain 5000 words... anything will do.

And what the HECK is going on with Pierce?? He was the highlight of the show!!

He was the only STAR Community had going in, sure there were some recognizable faces coming in,... , but Chevy Chase was the only star, and now he never appears. The perfunctory

10 second explanation of his absence each show, while necessary for your above average audience still feels like a slap in the face to your loyal fans- if they are like me.

And frankly all the snide inside-jokes about Pierce are is a reason they are called inside jokes. They are only funny to the Cast and crew- the audience wasn't there- so continually making Pierce the punching bag is confusing to the viewers. I read that there was friction between him and a writer, I also read that the entire cast and crew behaved abysmally towards him at the wrap party-

He said, she said, who cares?

GIVE US BACK OUR SHOW, Please.

• cool, cool cool cool

Great, funny, awesome show
  • Killed by the Network

This was a great show killed by crappy scheduling and some kind of behind the scenes executive bull. Season 4 has lost something. The scripting? The story? It just seems to be a version of kooky that some one looked up on Wiktionary then focus grouped. Just Not Quite Right. See you later Community, it was nice.
  • Yeaaah.... I don't know...

Season 1 of Community wasn't so remarkable. It was good and managed to get me interested for the second season.

Season 2 on the other hand was a masterpiece in my opinion. I really can't give any reasons other than that I loved it. Don't know why and I don't want to over-analyze it. (I loved Mixology Certification... It was so depressing and fun. The mixture of the two just hit the mark with me. My all time favourite Community episode right

Season 3..... I was disappointed. It did have Remedial Chaos Theory and Pillows and Blankets but other than that the quality of the 'normal' episodes were a bit off. I'd just want to forget the whole 'Abed goes crazy and tries to saw off Jeff's arm' plot of the last episode.

Season 4 is the most scrutinized think on TV right now. Is it different? Yes. Is it worse than the other seasons? Yes... ( I think that without Remedial and Pillows the season 3 would have been worse) IS IT the cancer of modern television, the absolutely worst series on TV now, the opposite of Batman that many fans seem to think it is? Not by a long shot.

I have been avoiding reviewing this show because I actually think it's still pretty good (best comedy after Parks and and I don't want anyone to give me thumbs down :( so sad, right.

So there it goes... A wobbly "review" of one of my favourite shows which tried to answer the question "Should I watch it?". The answer is "I'm not the one to tell you... I like it (even the 4th season) but that isn't definite proof that you'd like it" If you like the show, you like it. If you dislike the show, you dislike it.
  • Christmas in April

4.5
    Alot is missing,but the episodes designed to premiere is Sept. are off-kilter.

Halloween,Thanksgiving and now Christmas...
  • Community (Glee)

The new Community (Glee) season 4 sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No where near as funny as it used to be. Fire the new staff and bring back the old crew.

And stop doing these stupid, corny, awful "Glee" episodes.

And if you're going to portray Troy as a JW, at least get some of your facts straight. They don't believe in sex before marriage, so he wouldn't be sleeping with a slut like Britta. He'd be with a woman who has class. And they don't believe they go to heaven when they die, so your reference tonight that implied that, was way off base. If the show doesn't turn around in the next couple episodes, I'm out.

So disappointed that this once great show is in the toilet now.
  • The show miss Dan Harmon

Was so eager to watch season 4, but felt that something was missing from the very first episode.

It still is a good show because i just love all the characters and will continue watching, but season 4 IS different:(
  • Arguably the funniest show ever!

I love community, It has made me laugh more times than anything else I have ever watched. Now originally it took me about 4 or 5 episodes to get into it, and that was after trying and failing to watch the pilot 2 times before. But I am glad I stuck with it. Every main character in the show is unique and a joy to watch and Troy and Abed are the funniest characters ever. Unfortunately season 4 has took a nose dive in quality and laughs but I am sure it can recover. 6 Seasons and a movie! That said, even season 4 is better than most other shows on TV at the moment and I have faith in the team to improve. I wish it was available on Blu-Ray. Troy and Abed in the Morning! Nights.
  • Observational Humour and Character-Interaction at its Best

Community is a show that is completely character-driven. The setting of a community college in the middle of Colorado does not seem like it would be very captivating - and it wouldn't be if it wasn't for the incredible cast of characters that Community plays with. Each character of the main cast is profoundly different in almost every aspect; the only commonality between these characters is that they're all flawed. We come to care about each and every one of these characters because they care about each other. The show has a form of observational humour as good as the best stand-up comedians. It uses this not only to set up fantastic jokes, but also to portray a message through the way its characters deal with the situations that arise. It is probably one of the most intelligent shows I've seen. Community can be very down to earth and heart-felt, and well as whacky and hilarious. Everything it does, it does extremely well. A truly original show.
  • Finale season

I hate to say this but this new season has been quite bad especially considering the quality of previous seasons. Compared to other shows out there it's still one of the funniest shows on tv.
  • Best Show EVER!

I love this show so much! It's funny, clever, and insane! I was really worried when Dan Harmon left and that the new head writers would ruin it, but season 4 has been great so far!
  • Always been a huge fan!

I've always loved Community, and I was very sad to learn Dan Harmon was fired from season 4. Let me say now that the show still has its charm! In my opinion, the series gets better and better as it goes (Season 3 being my favorite) and I was hesitant to watch season 4, fearing it would not be the same. I am so glad I gave it a shot! Fans of the show who won't watch season 4, let me say to you: At least give it a shot. It's still just as funny and quirky!