Community

Spanish 101

Aired Tuesday 12:00 AM Sep 24, 2009 on Yahoo

7.1
  • Pretty good followup to Pilot, despite the drop in ratings..

If anything, this episode was funnier than the first one. It gave us more of an insight into Pierce's mind (and what a demented, twisted and hilarious mind it is!), some pretty genuinely funny moments ("He told me girls have two pee holes!") and some clever writing that allows jokes to go over your head the first time. It also features the first appearence of Ken Jeong, who stole the show away from everyone.

So far, Community has proven to be a smart comedy, smarter than half of the sitcoms on television right now, and has also proven to be able to get good acting out of its actors/actresses. However, the question is whether or not people will stick around. I've seen smart shows and great shows get thrown under the bus, and it's a shame, because it seems like Community certainly has some potential.

I'm not sure if the show has been picked up yet, but I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it does. If NBC can keep Parks and Recreation, which gets way less viewers than Community, than I don't see why they can't keep this around. If only more people watched these shows though...
MNT