Season 3 Episode 21

The First Chang Dynasty

Aired Tuesday 12:00 AM May 17, 2012 on Yahoo

Episode Fan Reviews (3)

out of 10
212 votes
  • Elaborate heist? Elaborate heist? Elaborate heist?

this episode added another parody to the laundry list of spoofs community has portrayed in their own concept. As the group realize that they need to save the dean from Chang's Napoleon nation, they plan an "Elaborate heist" to put their idea into action. Filled with a structure pulled straight from Oceans 11, the continuing thought out proccess of getting through Greendale proves so crazy and ingenious that I was laughing the entire time. And with some of Chang's best moments to date, "The First Chang Dynasty" proves to be one for the memory.
  • Heist Plan

Extraordinary. They did what Community people do best: surprise, connect, impress, and leave the audience both wanting more and eager to re-watch the entire 70 episodes again (now 71 with the finale) now knowing what's going to be connected with what later on (e.g. the keytar, and the deceased twin).

Brill from beginning to end, and I'm glad it was not predictable (IMO) and ... there really are no words to describe how outstanding it was... I loved it.
  • Changtastic ending to the Greendale takeover story arc

Oh these episodes just got better and better tonight. So this is the 2nd of the three episodes they aired for Community's final. And once again it was really good.

Well if you havent watched Course Listing Unavailable or Curriculum Univailable you should go do that so you have the background knowledge of whats going on.

Anyways another great episode of Community. This one is an Ocean's Eleven/heist movie spoof which was really fun. There were some twists that I didnt see coming and it was fun to see the Greendale Seven working out a plan to save the Dean from Chang. The costumes in this episode were some of the best. Jeff and Britta undercover as a Rock n Roll Magician act and Troy and Abed as janitors were the best out of all of them.

No results found.
No results found.
No results found.