Complete Savages

ABC (ended 2005)

Complete Savages Fan Reviews (32)

• Completely axed.

This was a great comedy. I never got the chance to see every episode when it first aired, but I think I was able to see at least half the series.

I was surprised to see that Erik von Detten was in it at the time, as I thought he was still a main part of the Dinotopia cast. I was a fan of Dinotopia at the time (I would actually watch anything with dinosaurs in it though). I found out later that Dinotopia had actually been cancelled.

As for this show, it revolved around a family named the Savages, hence the series name. The family consisted of 5 brothers and a single father. The father had divorced the boy's mother as she was actually crazy. I think he mentioned that she had tried to put shredded glass in his meatloaf or something? The boys all have different personalities - for example Sam (Andrew Eiden) is the sensitive guy, Chris (Erik von Detten) is the dumb athletic jock etc. The boys always manage to get into trouble but also usually always band together when things get too far out of hand (which they usually do). In some ways I found this to be a little like 'Malcolm In The Middle' (also about a family of brothers who get into or create trouble). I guess that is one of the reasons why I enjoyed it.

I don't understand why this show was canned though, it was much better than some of the other stuff that passes as comedy. I could have been a fan of this show.
  • Complete Savages is based around five different teenage boys, who live with their widowed father. It shows their lives and the mayhem they cause. Very funny.

Complete Savages must be one of the funniest programmes on Nickelodeon. It's based on five teenage boys and their widowed father, who tries to keep them out of trouble. The mayhem they cause is hilarious and will definetley make you laugh. Each of the boys are different and it shows their individual problems, which bring the show up more on the funny scale. Unlike most of the shows on children's channels it uses the words such as a** and cr*p. Due to this, I'd say it's suitable for teenagers and if adults have nothing better to do, they should watch it also. Jack, the one that is a bit of a lady's man, cheats on girls and two times them and turns into into a comical thing, which gives the viewer the impression that it's cool to cheat on girls. That is really my own downfall on the show, but I'm not really bothered about that kind of thing, but I know most women/girls will be.
  • HI! I think the show is fantastic-in fact I can't believe it is canceled!WAY??? I don't think I have enough words to explain just how amazing this show is!!!please return the show!!!

HI! I think the show is fantastic-in fact I can't believe it is canceled!WAY???
    I don't think I have enough words to explain just how amazing this show is!!!please return the show!!! Please return the show!!

HI! I think the show is fantastic-in fact I can't believe it is canceled!WAY???
  • This is the funniest show I've ever seen.

Complete Savages, seems to break all the boundaries of modern T.V and deliver an incredible amount of comedy into a half-hour block, because, personally I'm tired of all the shows that always have the women, pointing out how stupid every man is, but this show allows some of the children to be total fools, such as T.J and Kyle trying to get on the Stupid Idiots web site, and become famous, but it also shows Sam, trying to be a kind, and intelligent person, which is difficult for someone in his family, but the show also brings in Angela, Sam's Girlfriend, and with her they show how Condescending people can be sometimes, with Sam's struggle to stay ahead and prove himself.
  • Whenever Chris Savage wants to torment one of his little brothers, he puts his arm up, and puts them in a headlock (aka. "The Pitt") and they can see if his deotorant is really working. The savages show the epitome of manhood!

This show NEEDS to come back. It was great! I'm a huge fan of Erik Von Detten, and the "Pitt"/headlock thing is hilarious, believe me, I know how that feels. I don't know what ABC was thinking when the cancelled this great show. It had the potential to be one of the greatest teen sitcoms of it's time. I wish that television networks would think more carefully before they cancel shows all willie-nillie. There seems to be no sitcoms that teenage boys can relate too, this was the only one. Do you hear me ABC?! You made a huge mistake. Bring it back!
  • A family that are complete svages go through loads of funny things like playing with the poor kids xmas presents. Nick , uncle jimmy , sam , chris , jack . kyle and tj and oh yeh old lady riley make this one of the greatest shows ever. watch now.

Quality show could be the greatest show ever but they need to make a new series , a must see. My fav episode is where they make old lady riley have a heart attack so they use a bike bump and a toilet plunger to save her but they don`t tell her that lol must watch now !!!
  • I think the show complete savages is ................

great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great
    cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
    wicked wicked wicked wicked wicked wicked wicked wicked wicked wicked wicked wicked wicked wicked wicked wicked
    the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best
    funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny!
  • one word WOW

this show is great and incredibly hilarious and just entertaining to watch what the savage family will be up to. brin it back this show is faboulous and i hope that they create a new season for the show cuz this show is what i kepp reapeting which is funny, neat, and faboulous so why in the hell would they end this show i hope whoever decided to end this show in "hot water" realizes that just not smart or is it?

i dont know what i'm saying i just know this bites!!
  • This show was so funny!!!!

I regret not seeing enough episodes, it was so hilarious!!!!! I especially like T.J. (or Jason Dolley). It was such a funny show and I wish they had more of it, Oh man was this such a good show!!!!! The only reason that I saw it was for Jason Dolley, because I\'m friends with his brother, and Jason is in my P.E. class.... But yeah Complete Savages was a very very very very very very very very very very very GOOD show!!! It was so funny, and I want it back SO bad! The make-up crew did an excellent job with Jason because he looks VERY different in real life (and he\'s in eigth grade!!!) Ok thats all. :)
  • BRING IT BACK NOW!

fantastic show. utterly helarious and abc made a mistake getting rid of it. It is doing fabulous in the U.K and rightly so! They only made a few episodes unfortunately but everyone one of those were unique and really funny! The best show on nickelodeon by a long way and in a long time. Sam, chris, kyle, TJ and chris make the whole show a must see program! You have to see this!
  • best show ever! klye is da seyist actor ever!!!

all i can say is !!!brink it back!!! kyle is sexi.the all arnt bad lukin boys an gd actors.my hole family like watchin dis its dat funny.i luv it.im off da edge ov my seat wen i watch it i luv it dat much. i so wanna kyle of my own.

!!!bring it back!!!! whus wiv me
  • please bring it back it's one of the funniest sit coms on tv

hi my name is jordan and i'm debating wether or not complete savages should be taking off isn't it true that they put sit-coms on tv to entertain us? then why are they taking one of the funniest sit-coms that abc has ever made off.
    so i say keep the savage boys on.

if any knows anything about the complete savages bringing out new episodes can you please write

thankyou (KEEP COMPLETE SAVAGES ON)

• i think one of the greatest sitcoms ABC ever debuted on TV.

i am angry that ABC would cancel this show after 19 episodes. first they ordered 22, and then reduced their order to 19. i found the show hilarious. usually producers try to cast a show for "looks" but these boys actually had talent, except for shaun sipos. i think evan ellingson was the funniest, as the daredevil kyle savage. the show had a great cast, the only ones i would've rethought were the father, and shaun sipos, b/c they weren't that good. the others were very funny.

just goes to show that what sucks goes, and what's good, gets cancelled.
  • ma fav quotes

one of ma fav quotes...
    judy - weve seen quite a few delvery vans outside your house
    angelas dad- o yes, one of the delivery guys came to our house. remember judy?
    judy-o yes what a night!

unlce - nice play shakespeare

angela - wow sam ur a gr8 negotiater
    sam-how about i negotiate with ur bra to relase its 2 hostages

nick - the dog goes out more then you.. an hes fixed!!!

nick-she wants to bake us a pie
    chris-dad, i wouldnt eat that pie if i were u
    nick-there is no pie chris

sam- what was she wearing?
    jack-i dunno in my head all girls are naked
    sam-what did shelook like?
    jack-hot

kyle-why is her couch in a sandwich bag

kyle- if u eat our dog, we'll take the plastic off ur couch an sit on it with no pants!!!

chris-grandma? are u making pancakes

jack- i'd love to
    jessica-what. u'd love to move outta the way so i can ask ur brother to the dance?
    jack-yes

april-wait shouldnt i go upstairs an check on tg, i mean ur dad did pay me to look after him
    jack-no, if you start on him, he'll wet the bed

nick-u got april here just so u could make out wiv her
    jack-dont worry shes getting paid 4 it
    april-well say goodbye to it, and no u cant watch me walk away
  • I luurrrvvv the complete savages it is sooooooo great and evan is the most coolest and fittest sk8er in the world i luv him! I hope new episodes come out soon hehe

Its the best tv program ever! I LOVE U EVAN ELLINGSON! its cool how he did an advert for Vans, actually very cool. i love my vans hehe. and i love him. anyways the complete savages rules! i soo wanna meet the whole cast it would be so awesome! i would probs faint then have a million photos taken with them hehe
  • The show is boss i watch it all the time its only just started here ya have to bring it back coz i love watchin evan ellingson he is so fit i wanna marry him really tho!!!!!BRING IT BACK NOW! Its just sly i wanna cry coz its ended!

The show is great evan ellingson is fit i love him 4 eva lol. Bring the show back:(:(. My favourate eposode was the carnival one when kyle goes 'r u talking to me big red button lol. the others are just as good but that one is my favourate lol!!!
  • i dont no where yous are all from bout i am from england and they have just started showing the complete savages n i think it is ace they should bring it back 4 all yous and evan ellingson it soooooooooooooooo fit i love him soo much

i dont no where yous are all from bout i am from england and they have just started showing the complete savages n i think it is ace they should bring it back 4 all yous and evan ellingson it soooooooooooooooo fit i love him soo much i wish i could talk 2 him oww i love him so much well i guess u guys dnt wanna hear any more how much i love him so by 2 all u american dudes n dudettes
  • Can you say funny?

I was happy when ABC ordered "Complete Savages", because it's by the same writing team who brought us several seasons of "The Simpsons" and the short-lived but hilarious satirical comedy "The Pitts".

This show is truly funny and highly entertaining. Several Fridays saw me making excuses to my friends so I could stay home and watch it, rather than go to the school football gang or something like that. This was definitely the best and funniest sitcom on the ABC network last year, and ths show, along with NBC's "The Office", were the only two new comedies that I liked last season.

I really hope NBC Univeral, the show's production company, will release this show on DVD soon.
  • it stink the show already stop bring it back just make more new idea as destroyed neightbor home and set a suprised a naughty stinky bomb but all viewer and audience love that show please put that show and set new episode for guest appreance and movie or

make new episode as halloween, x-mas, thanksgiving, easter day, patrick day, 4th of july, valentine day, spring break, disturb destroyed chinese new year. new episode as insult of sam by wearing girly dress buy chris eating doggy food or eating garbage save innocent people from the beach or scare by a fake shark fins
  • A really cool show.

Complete Savages was really funny. I don't know why abc cancelled it. It was the only good show on abc. And it was the only reason I watched abc. The show was really funny because it showed back the funny stuff of a family life. That show was great and it will be missed by many. Rest in Peices Complete Savages.
  • One of the best shows ever... Only crazy people would have cancelled it

They should have never cancelled this show. There are worse shows out there than this since this is one of my favorite shows. At least they had some more episodes on a few months later. The characters of the show were so perfect, everything about the show was perfect. They always cancel the good shows and keep crap on tv.
  • Why Would You Pull Such A Great Show?

OMG this is such a funny,great,hilarious,family comedy!
    It is the only sitcom that i regulary watch-ed!
    Such great characters and cast-such hot guys!
    It has so much more it can do-well could do!
    If it isnt revived it will be missed even more!
    LONG LIVE THE SAVAGES!

TJ!
    SAm!
    Nick!

Resurrect the Savages!

• The next best comedy since Raymond?

What is....is now was.

A shame! A very humerous show about a family of boys being raised by their single father who is a fire fighter. The boys are constantly getting into trouble. Often it is an accident but sometimes done directly in order to get what they want which gives the shows its magicial touch as no matter who or why did what..

Why is it so funny...because so many guys can relate to the activies of these little misfits.
  • This show is the most funny show. It is fun watching the boys get into trouble.

I think ABC should bring this show back for 2006 midseason. This show really make me laugh. It is interesting to watch the boys get into trouble. I really the hot tub part. It was funny to see the hot tub break apart because the boys had alot of girls in the hot tub. I can't believe they glue the hot tub back together. I was laughing so hard when the boys couldn't get their dad and their uncle out of the hot tub. I was laughing even harder when the boys end up at the Gay Parade. I think Mel Gibson did a good job directing the show.
  • this show was great. one of the best things on friday nights. now what is there to watch?

this was such a great show because there was just so many different types of people that it made it funny and enjoyable to watch. each person brought something else to the table. Sam was the type of brother that was smart so if he would then you would pay him to do your homework. and jack and chris were the brothers that t.j and kyle could look up to. they got into trouble but they were so cool and fun you just liked 'em. and evey family has to have a bad-boy and they had kyle. none of the others could keep track of him. but the one that everyone had to love was t.j. who could turn their head from the cute youngest brother that was to young to get blamed for any real danger. the real reason why the show was so fun was that nick, no matter how he would try, could never keep the boys from the trouble that we all know they would get into (and uncle jimmy didn't help much). its funny and clean and thats what make it so good. people can watch a show and not have to tell their kids to close their eyes or go to bed. its for everyone. so please put it back on the air.
  • what th-- how do shows this bad actually make it on the air??? abc apparently thinks we're all morons.

0.1
    abc has had enough sh*tty programming for as long as i can remember, and this show was no exception. when abc learns to put on original ideas, use good writing, and hire decent actors, then maybe they can dig themselves out of their lame-ass programming slump. this show, however, was some of the worst stuff i've seen since family matters. no original ideas, horrible and predictable situations, terrible dialogue, and not one decent or charismatic actor among ALL of them. thank god this show is getting what it deserves. may it burn in hell and let us never speak of it again.
  • The funniest new show of the last season. BRING IT BACK!

In a bad year for comedy that mostly unfunny shows came out, Complete Savages really shone.

There were some really really funny scenes and overall the show was GOOD for a change.

The cast was young and every character was different from the other in every single way.

I'll really miss it and hope it'll come back. After all, comedy is dying ;[
  • This show ROCKS

I have to agree as well. They really need to bring this show back. It was very funny and there was nothing to really think about. From week to week, the things they did and learnt from each other was the best. They all stuck up for each other when the going was tough and got on each others nerves when it wasn\'t!
  • They must bring this show back. One of those rare shows that literally made me laugh for the whole 20 mins.

I can\'t believe they cancelled this show. It was awesome. Every episode was funny from beginning to end. The boys were good actors and brought out their characters very well. After being produced by Mel Gibson I tought this show was going to survive for atleast another season but it seems it didn\'t bring enough good ratings.

PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!
  • They shouldn't have cancelled this show i is not fair

I can't believe that they cancelled it. It is my favorite show.
    Shaun sipos is soooooooooooo hot.
    And the show is one of the funniest i have ever seen.
    If ABC had and commen sense they whould bring it back.
    The whole cast is great
    I wish they would keep it on air.