Conan Forums

Weekdays 11:00 PM on TBSIn Season

How Long Will He Last on TBS?

How Long

JustinRAn

[1]Oct 4, 2011
    • level: 12

I Think at most 3-5 years and then be cancelled.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[2]Nov 27, 2011
    • level: 32
    Probably, because then he will probably retire. Hes already 48, going to be 49 in April, and I dont see him wanting to stick around as long as David Letterman or Jay Leno (plus they got a later start than he did as well, I think).

HelloStuart

[3]Dec 24, 2011
    • level: 63
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Probably, because then he will probably retire. Hes already 48, going to be 49 in April, and I dont see him wanting to stick around as long as David Letterman or Jay Leno (plus they got a later start than he did as well, I think).

Leno was 42 when he took over TTS; Dave was just shy of 35 when he first hosted Late Night. In comparison, Conan was only 30.

drudager

[4]Dec 26, 2011
    • level: 13
    So what is Stu's professional opinion? Is O'Brien doing well enough for TBS to keep shoveling the money towards the show? How much money are they making/losing? Conan probably isn't the type to replace Letterman when that happens. Then again their options may be limited. How much longer does Dave want to keep doing Late Show?

HelloStuart

[5]Mar 2, 2012
    • level: 63
    drudager wrote:
    So what is Stu's professional opinion? Is O'Brien doing well enough for TBS to keep shoveling the money towards the show? How much money are they making/losing? Conan probably isn't the type to replace Letterman when that happens. Then again their options may be limited. How much longer does Dave want to keep doing Late Show?

Apparently, yes to most of those questions; "Conan" has been renewed through 2014, and Dave will continue to host LSDL through the same year (at least, under his current contract). I'm sure Big Red knew the risk of jumping to basic cable and all that encompasses. We hear about ratings but never about web site hits.