Confessions of a Matchmaker

Jamie and Grant

Aired Saturday 10:00 PM Aug 05, 2007 on A&E

• Jamie, did you deal with Columbia in 2009?

If you did, then you know exactly what I'm talking about. If not, disregard this message.
  • America's toughest matchmaker Patty Novak is once again to the rescue as Jaime and Grant look to her to find them love.

Great episode! The only problem I had with it was that they spelled "Jamie's" name wrong – it's actually spelled J-A-I-M-E. She was named after Lindsay Wagner's character in "The Bionic Woman," which was my favorite TV program 30 years ago. How did I get this inside information? I'm her mom. Not only that, but Grant's beautiful red-headed date, Kelly, is my stepdaughter! How could I not enjoy this episode?! In addition, the Buffalo Hookbill Association was featured rather prominently, of which Jaime is the President and I am the Corresponding Secretary/Editor, so that was a great advertisement for the club and with any luck we will gain some new members through the exposure. All in all, though, I do enjoy watching Confessions of a Matchmaker even when my daughters and the BHA aren't on it. I just wish it hadn't been switched to Sundays at 11:00! What's THAT all about?!