Conspiracy Theory With Jesse Ventura

truTV (ended 2012)

Conspiracy Theory With Jesse Ventura Fan Reviews (3)

• A good show idea that needs a few improvements...

Okay, I am a conspiracy theory "fan" which doesn't mean that I believe in ALL of them, but I think it is equally absurd to believe that there isn't anything going on that is on a "need to know basis" and the general public doesn't need to know. There are any number of conspiracy theory shows or movies one can watch, so in that respect this isn't really a novel idea. And the "other Governator" has a team of "experts" which is little more than a ploy to attract Gen Y viewers, but somehow when you put it all together there is a recipe that has a chance at success. The series is only for 7 weeks, so I don't know if they plan to continue this if the trial episodes go well, or if this is strictly a one time deal. What I like about the show is that they are taking on NEW conspiracy theories, not the same old stuff about JFK and the Roswell crash that have became part of popular legend. For example, the series premier was about the HAARP facility in Alaska - an "unclassified" military research facility that is supposed to be collecting data about the weather and the Northern Lights in that region, but conspiracy theorists argue that it is a military weapons project, where the military is testing how to control the weather and use it as a weapon. Supposedly Russia and China are developing similar technologies and the weaponry has the capacity to cause tsunamis and hurricanes (like those seen in Indonesia and the New Orleans/Gulf Coast areas respectively in recent years). Where the show lost me a bit was when Jessee started interviewing local residents in Alaska about the HAARP facility, then it started looking like every other cheesy conspiracy theory show I had ever seen, what with country boys with unkept beards talkin' 'bout them there military folk that are mind controllin' all of us. I fell asleep the last 15-minutes or so, but I'm planning to tune in next week.