A Constantine Community
NBC (ended 2015)

NBC has picked up the DC Comics drama Constantine to series, TV.com has learned.

Based on the popular comic series Hellblazer, Constantine stars Matt Ryan (Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior) as John Constantine, a demon hunter and master of the occult who finds himself having to save humanity from the dark forces that want to destroy us all.

Batman Begins' David S. Goyer will executive-produce the drama with writer Daniel Cerone (Dexter). Harold Perrineau, Lucy Griffiths, and Charles Halford also star.

Constantine joins the previously ordered Casey Wilson-Ken Marino comedy Marry Me, the Katherine Heigl CIA thriller State of Affairs, the Russian spy drama Allegiance, and the Traffic-esque drama Odyssey on NBC's 2014-2015 lineup.

Will you watch Constantine?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 2/13/2015

Season 1 : Episode 13

36 Comments
Comments (37)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Hey no arguments here. I'm glad Constantine has its own show. I'm starting to realize now that NBC is really maturing. Lol
Flag
Will you watch Constantine?

F Yeah

F Yeah
Flag
A shame it didn't go to a decent network, guess this means it'll be PG rated and suck!
Oh well, was a good concept, i'll pass then.
Flag
Ow... Happy to hear it, but it reminds me of a similar concept show - The Dresden Files - which had great characters, but was mistreated by Sci-Fi some years ago...
Flag
Damn. Why did you have to go and remind me about The Dresden Files?

I'm a huge fan of the books, and I loved Paul Blackthorne in the role of Harry (though I think he should've had longer hair for the show); however, every time I remember how Sci-Fi (before it became SyFy) treated it... I get so angry.

:(
Flag
I'll watch no matter how bad it is because it Constantine and I love that guy.
Flag
A real good Constantine series need to be R-rated not on a network that will maybe replace the guns with water pistols!
Flag
Very impressive, but I really hope it works and they don't screw it up, there are way too many avenues for them to utterly cock this up - it's NBC.
Flag

Flag
Will be interesting to see what NBC does with this.
Flag
If it were on The CW or FX I would think it sounds awesome! But on NBC, all I can picture is something cheesy and poorly written like The Cape. Maybe they'll surprise us? One can hope....
Flag
Personally, as much as I'm skeptical of how NBC will treat the show, because of the example set by Hannibal, I at least have a smidge of hope the suits will maybe take a 'hands off' approach with this too...If it were on the CW, my biggest fear would have been that Johnny would be a mid-20's to early 30's high school student embroiled in a love triangle between Satan & God while Zantana damn near simultaneously shows off both her sexy ass leggy-filled fishnets & screenshots of Windows 7 as the networks popular tune of the week (available for purchase on iTunes) plays in the background
Flag
Fair point about The CW! :)
Flag
you mean a DC property didn't go to The DC Network... I mean.. CW? I'll probably check it out though.
Flag
Gotham = Fox
Flag
I love Hellblazer & hate the New52 & NBC, so I'm simply hoping for the best & expecting the worst from Constantine, that way, it can either be everything I hoped for, or not as bad as I expect..

Besides, It's always wise to set the bar really low when it comes to major network expectations
Flag
That looks promising. I'll sure check it out. I wonder what Constantine would be like if it were on the CW. I mean, judging by the new Flash's apparent age... Would he be 17 and in high school of Hell?
Flag
I haven't been checking up with things recently, they're seriously making the Flash in high school? Unless he's planning on meeting Dick Grayson and joining the Titans...
Flag
No, not in high school. Barry Allen is sothing like a forensic assistant, still a junior member of Central City crime lab, but not in high school. But the new Flash is very young and he looks around 20. I'm not sure he's old enough to drink...
Flag
And David S. Goyer is involved in Da Vinci's Demons, so this should be good.
Flag
Oooh! What about his best work ever? Kickboxer 2: The Road Back ;)

Actually, don't get too excited. his track record isn't really that good. for every -one- good thing he's written, he has -two- that sucked
Flag
I haven't seen any of those, so that doesn't say much to me. All I know is that Da Vinci's Demons is quite good.
Flag
Yep. Da Vinci's Demons is a fun little romp, innit? :)
Flag
3 words: Blade the Series
Flag
Sure as I expect it to just follow Grimm....I actually will give it a chance (any word that it is strictly a thirteen order or anything so we can have a hint as to Hannibal?)
Flag
I would have liked a cable station to pick this up instead of a network but I will watch the few episodes.
Flag
Staff
I liked the movie more than most. Just don't make it procedural and I think I'm in.
Flag
I enjoyed it also. Granted his character wasn't exactly faithful to the comics, but it was still a good watch.
Flag
Staff
I knew the character was a comic based. But I know nothing of how Constantine was portrayed. So I have nothing to compare it to.
Flag
I hadn't read the Hellblazer comics before watching it, so I was in the same boat.
Flag
The pilot I am watching for sure... This could be really good or a total embarrassment... I hope the former...
Flag
Follow this Show
Members