A Continuum Community
Syfy (ended 2015)

When I first heard about Continuum before it aired in the states, I marathon-ed all of the episodes I had missed and eagerly anticipated the next weeks episode (all legal of course NSA/FBI). Then I watched the episodes again when the SciFi channel aired them. I loved the show, but sometimes it felt a little flat. So far in this season, I haven't had that thought even once. The acting and the writing just seem much more crisp this season. I'm not sure if it's because they shook off the nervous jitter cobwebs, or because somehow Rachel Nichols has gotten even hotter this season, but I definitely feel like this season is much more fluid than the first. Thoughts? Agreements that Keira is super-er sexier and flows better? Hard nos with pitch-forked angry mob riots?

Comments (6)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Definitely. You can just see that the network has given them a bigger budget, too. The scenes from the Future just keep getting better! And they're definitely going all in with the story too, first having Carlos know about Kiera, then adding that Emily story to make Alec more important. In the last episode (2x12) it is visible just how hard an impact Emily had on him. I feel we're gonna love seeing him change because of it.
I still can't figure out how they're gonna shake the police off their's butts. So, that's a plus.
A lot of cool things happening in a show that is becoming better by the episode.
Flag
Another vote for season 2 being better than season 1. A very rare occurrence, in my opinion.
Flag
Yes season 2 is better than season 1 so far.
Flag
Most decent shows seem to hit their stride in the second season, when the actors and writers have begun to fully inhabit the characters, which is why those "too soon" cancellations of promising shows are so annoying.

I reaaly felt that Continuum had promise throughout the first season although it did feel flat and it meandered at times. Bringing the moral ambiguity surrounding the whole situation to the forefront has really added a spark, and the characters have been fleshed out, more human, less predictable. There's something intriguing about shows that leave you wondering who you should be rooting for.

And I agree with ToddMurray on pretty much every point, particularly the pacing and tighter storylines.
Flag
P.S. Regarding Kiera's softer side, you gotta see episode 9. Sorry, no spoilers ...
Flag
Definitely. While I enjoyed the show, I got bored at times during the first season. Some of the threads seemed slow and aimless. This season has seen tighter scripts and brisk storytelling. I think they are showing a little softer side of Kiera this season, and that might help with connecting to the characters in season two, but Rachel Nichols has always been sexy.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members