A Continuum Community
Syfy (ended 2015)

Canadian-American sci-fi-television-sharing relations remain strong, as Syfy has put its stamp of approval on a third season of ContinuumContinuum, a product of Canadian cable network Showcase, was renewed for Season 3 by our friends to the north earlier this summer. Syfy's announcement means that Americans won't have to hop the border in order to watch the 13-episode third season.

Continuum stars Rachel Nichols as a cop from the future who is accidentally zapped back to our present times. She gets something to do when terrorists from the future also time-travel backward in order to alter the events of the future. There are all sorts of questions of paradoxes, out-of-control power of corporations, and the effect of technology, and Nichols fits into a skintight suit very well. If you're missing some science-fiction in your life, Continuum is good way to scratch that itch. 

Continuum airs Friday nights at 10pm on Syfy. Season 2 concludes in the U.S. on August 30.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 10/16/2015

Season 4 : Episode 6

90 Comments
Comments (90)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
when will you be airing episodes in the UK?
Flag
I love this show. What a cliffhanger! Wish it was shot in USA so it wouldn't be overcast and cold all the time.
Flag
Not bad for a tv serie nice my fav from alltime its the greatest american hero bk in early 80 i was a lil kid
Flag
Very good show 2nd Season ends like you could believe no 3rd Saison I´m happy to hear they are back for a 3rd but why not more episodes ???
Flag
When will season 3 be shown in the uk
Flag
Syfy here have not bought season 3, nowhere else has picked it up ....
Flag
I really like this show, but the storyline is starting to go off on a strange tangent. I don't want to say why cause of the delay in US showings and spoilers,

However, I think it's sage to say the whole 2nd season from the start has been taking away the emphasis on Kiera's time and tech advances in 2077. I don't think that's a good idea because we were getting to know her time through flashbacks (forwards) and that was more story there.
Flag
and on episode 13 you are getting exactly what you have missed out on!
Flag
Good news. For me the show never really rises above just-interesting-enough but that'll do for now.
Flag
"just-interesting-enough but that'll do for now"
This is possibly the best summation I have heard for Continuum. Don't really care about it when it's on, but it's great to binge-watch when everything else is on Hiatus.
Flag
I have to be honest that I haven't watch the latest 2 episodes and they have been sitting on my DVR. I really hope the show picks up more story-wise. Its been getting a bit dull with the Alec/Julian destinies thing. Honestly Alec and Julian are probably my least favourite characters. I'd rather the show focus more Kiera and the other time travellers especially the freelancers.
Flag
i am so happy!!!!!!
Flag
very happy. now they simple need to stop editing it
Flag
I download from Canada because we dont get it at all in Australia so there is no edting which is good because our Australian shows all swear and stuff. Is that the editing you're talking anout?
Flag
That's untrue. I've been watching it on Foxtel in Australia - so us Aussies do receive Continuum. So there is no excuse for piracy.
Flag
Oh cool I'll just pull that money out of my arse!!!
Flag
I don't have Foxtel :(
Flag
If you want to watch Continuum in Australia, Foxtel is the only way to do so, so you better get it before season 3 starts on 5th of May 2014.
Flag
yes for some reason certain shows it aloud to curse but other its cute. lost girls is ok for cursing yet this show on syfy is not
Flag
Thats so odd, well thats America for you.
Flag
Amen! SyFy in Portugal it's considered a poor channel. Doesn't matter, continuum is a great TV Show.
Flag
A really intelligent series. I'm glad it's been renewed for a third season. So many issues, so many great, complicated characters to explore. Continuum will hopefully be great for a while to come.
Flag
It was renewed for a third season two months ago. This article is about the fact that SyFy will show it in the USA. It's still good news, because it increases the probability that there will be a fourth season.
Flag
As long as Showcase keeps making it it doesn't really matter if SyFy re-airs it. What would be really helpful is if they aired the episodes at the same time they come out in Canada.
Flag
SyFy paying to air a show probably does matter on the decision to keep making it, don't you think? We know there are a lot of factors concerning cancellations, revenue and viewership are obvious ones.
Flag
Well it does matter in my opinion since if SyFy pay fees to air it then that makes it more attractive from a business point of view for Showcase to keep making it.
Flag
If Showcase decided to not continue Continuum because SyFy dropped it then it would matter if SyFy showed it. I said "as long as Showcase keeps making it" which means the participation of SyFy doesn't impact the creation of new seasons.

Also the show was great and of the same quality before SyFy picked up season 1 over half a year after it aired in Canada so I don't think Showcase needs SyFy to keep the show economical as long as they keep making it as good or better than it is now.
Flag
I'd like to suggest changing the name of this community to "Freelancers".
Flag
That's Brilliant.
Flag
Not only the best sci-fi show but one of the better shows on TV, period. I only wonder how the execs at SyFy will screw this up.
Flag
They wont. But only because they dont produce it...
Flag
It's seriously my #1 in all the shows I watch, and that's over Breaking Bad, Hannibal and Person of Interest. SyFy + 1 respect, if they cancel this I will get very angry - but at least there's still ShowCase.

Canadian shows ftw!
Flag
Yay! I have learned the hard way to never get my hopes up about the SyFy channel. They have a terrible history canceling good shows and replacing them with crap. I'm very happy they've decided to continue airing Continuum.
Flag
I think the relative low cost/risk of just airing a Canadian series vs. producing a brand new one bodes well for Continuum on SyFy
Flag
Yeah, okay, its a way to scratch that itch if you are some kind of neanderthal who watches TV as it is broadcast or are looking for a second scratch, but if your life is truly devoid of science-fiction right now you need to get your hands on Orphan Black first. This is okay and easily the second best science-fiction on television right now, but that's because the state of science-fiction on TV is pathetic; it's not remotely in the same league. It's the off-brand itch-scratcher.
Flag
I have seen every episode of both shows. Personally, I think Continuum is better. but they are very different shows, and both are pretty cool. Just curious here, what's good scifi iyo?
Flag
I absolutely love this show and could not get into Orphan Black at all. I gave it three episodes and the only thing about the show that I enjoyed was seeing the villain from Farcry 3.
Flag
Fringe, tho at times the science veered into sci-fantasy; BSG until the last little bit; Farscape; Firefly. Those are the usual suspects and tell you very little, so I'm gonna throw you one that stands out from the rest: Defying Gravity, because I like my science fiction hard, and as a near future space show they had to actually get some of the science more right than far future stuff where they can just make up fantasy, apply nanobots and call it sci-fi.
Flag
"Apply nanobots and call it sci-fi" I LOLed so hard that.
Flag
It's awesome that Fringe is your go-to example for good sci-fi. We have that in common. To think we ever got in an argument about Targaryen incest. An argument which you handily won and I eventually submitted to your logic.
Flag
good news, but syfy should stop muting swears and stop blurring out nips (Alec's chick).

well, at least stop blurring nips. that just made it more noticable.
Flag
I already knew it's getting 3rd season,don't really care about SyFy,because SyFy ain't what it used to be...

2nd season of Continuum is good,great at times,but it just goes around circles on stuff from season 1,while introduces new characters and plots,stories. Season 1 was/is awsome,but I have mixed feelings for 2nd season atm. Best episode of 2nd season,is episode 12! (so far).
Flag
I love this show and as it is dealing with so many of Kiera's issues with her situation this season I hope we can focus on all the other crap that seems like it is about to fall on Alec Kiera Kellogg and Carlos.
Flag
This is the best ScyFy TV Show at the moment, thanks for a 3. Season!
Flag
One word: Excellent!
Flag
it's good news cause this show is getting better with every episode.
Flag
Continuum and Orphan Black are easily the two best sci-fi shows currently on TV (I will shit, not shtako, 'cause that fake slang word is SOOOO lame, on anyone who says Defiance is better), and they both happen to be Canadian.

As a proud Canuck who has written an article titled "Frack vs. Frell - A Sci-Fi Slang Showdown", I think it's time the world recognized our sci-fi supremacy.

Our most popular exports should now go:

1. Maple Syrup
2. Politeness
3. Hockey
4. Niceness (not to be confused with "politeness")
5. TV Science Fiction
6. A self-depricating sense of humour (doesn't that "u" in "humour" look crazy weird?)

We may cower in fear of your military might, saturate ourselves in your media, know more about your politics than our own (Citizens United? Really? You guys dropped the ball on that one) and secretly wish Denny's were more readily accessible in our country (Belgian Waffle Slam, bitch!), but with the conclusion of my beloved Fringe, we can now claim with great modestly and humility that we own your asses in TV science fiction.

Eat it, USA! Eat it and choke on it!

CAN-A-DA! CAN-A-DA! CAN-A-DA! ....

4. Niceness
More+
Flag
As a fellow Canadian, I'd just like to say... Sorry. For what, I'm not sure. But apologizing is what we do, which I guess kinda falls under politeness and niceness.
Flag
Yep. I'm pretty sure Sorry! is even our national board game.
Flag
What's your point? We have two Denny's close by and there are better places to eat. If they knew what butter was they'd be okay.
Flag
I think pretty much every show is Canadian now. On SyFy and the CW at least its all filmed in Vancouver or Toronto. Warehouse 13, haven, supernatural, defiance, continuum, orphan black, being human, Alphas(was),Bitten(will be), Nikita, . Plus lets not forget the shows other networks grab, Motive, Saving Hope, Rookie Blue. DO you Americans get "The Listener" anywhere? Pretty good show you should check it out if you can.
Flag
We actually cancelled both Saving Hope and The Listener (deservedly so). The major rework of the Listener for the second season did help it, but not enough to compete with US procedurals. We might not do a lot well on TV, but we kinda got cop shows down.
Flag
I think Saving Hope is pretty solid! I also like The Listener and Cracked!
Flag
I like Canada, I really do. Thank you Canada for all your great TV and FringeFanatic, who said last year when I mentioned Continuum, that it wasn't sucha much. We forgive you FF.
Flag
First of all, even in my darkest hour I would never use the phrase "sucha much". Secondly, I only started watching Continuum this year so I defy your assertion. Thirdly, I've really got to stop numbering my points.
Flag
Oh, I compared it to Fringe just to get a rise outta folks and you cried blasphemy. But everyone's watching now so I did good...
Flag
Nickelback, Celine Dion & Brian Adams are Canadians, so you owe the world something for ruining radio.
Flag
I'll wholeheartedly apologize for Nickelback. I'll half-apologize for Bryan Adams. I'll refrain from apologizing for Celine Deion.

But I'll forever be groveling at your feet in forgiveness for Justin Bieber. Although, I will point out that he wasn't nearly as bad before Usher and the girls of the US made him famous :P
Flag
Summer of '69 is a great song, I don't care what anyone says. Celine Dion is a class act and rightly received the Order of Canada. As for Nickelback... We're sorry.
Flag
Yeah, but they also gave us Leonard Cohen.
Flag
You can take your politeness and shove it, bub. You may be trying to export, but no one is importing.
Flag
Isn't the article about SyFy importing?
Flag
Yes, but I don't think they are importing politeness.
Flag
I understand and respect your choice!
Flag
Excellent....
Flag
We got Nathan Fillion. That is really the most important export of all.

I notice humility is conspicuously absent from your list. Oh, and Lost Girl, also Canadienne.
Flag
Maybe by leaving humility off the list he's practicing humility, as including it may be considered a sort of brag. :)
Flag
Nathan Fillion is actually #7 on the list. :)

And though I absolutely adore Lost Girl (Kenzi is one of my favourite characters on TV), I think it's more fantasy than traditional sci-fi. I know the genres of fantasy and sci-fi can sometimes be interchangeable, but for me to classify something as sci-fi it has to be especially science-y.
Flag
"Frack vs. Frell - A Sci-Fi Slang Showdown"??? Oh wow that sounds interesting! (BSG vs Farscape?) where could one humble admirer of all things Canadian could read that? Mmm?
Flag
Oh, I wrote it years ago for a media class in college. It started out as a joke article but it actually got weirdly serious as I was writing it. I can't give you the article as it's long gone, but I CAN tell you that I got a grade somewhere in the 80's (my prof. was awesome) and "Frack" was the winner (it's versatility over "Frell" was the deciding factor).
Flag
Pity you cannot blog that article any more it would have been interesting! ;-)
Flag
Staff
Hmmm, This vs. That?
Flag
Hot chicks needs to be somewhere on that list of exports.
Flag
Oh yeah! Rachel Nichols, Anna Silk and Tatiana Maslany are 8,9 and 10 respectively. :)
Flag
Rachel Nichols is American, but Canada can claim Jessica Paré, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Nina Dobrev, Shay Mitchell, Rachel McAdams, Emily VanCamp, Malin Akerman(from 2y), Anna Paquin, Cobie Smulders and on and on and on...
Flag
well shit, i would hope so.

show is so good. watched all of season 1 on netflix the week season 2 started on syfy.
Flag
Good! This is a excellent series and the storyline is fantastic...love it..!!
Flag
Woohoo, more Continuum! ^^
Flag
Follow this Show
Members