A Continuum Community
Syfy (ended 2015)

For all the Canadians who just watched the finale, I was just curious about your thoughts on the episode? (I will try to keep mine spoiler free!) Wow though, that was a bit of an insane episode. I was both a little confused and shocked, which is great because I was starting to get bored the last few episodes. I cannot wait for the next season now!

Comments (18)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Aug 25, 2013
Some observations from the last part of the last episode:

1) Kellog's mark on his face (that Kiera made unnecessarily), must have been for a reason. I'm sure in Season 3 Kellog time travels and there are 2 Kellogs, and the mark is how 'we' know which is who.

2) When Alec goes back in time to "save Emily", it's got nothing with the "family business", Escher should have rather been upset with that decision, but he was smiling ! (reminds me of Old Alec smiling at the execution) - It means, Alec will land somewhere else. Probably 2077.
Flag
Aug 13, 2013
I get the feeling that Escher is his own great-grandfather or similiar :
Escher - Alec - Jason - Escher

I don't think it's accidental that they named a character after the artist who's famous for impossible art

Flag
Aug 25, 2013
Interesting.

However, it is not possible. If Escher is also the son-of Jason, then you're saying he traveled back in time of around 1998 where he married Alec's mom. But the existence of Escher of future can only be possible from originally a different father of Alec. I know it's confusing.
Flag
Sep 02, 2013
ya IF Escher is the son of Jason THEN time travels back to be the Father of Alec ummm he would marry his own grandmother which is gross on many many levels but most importantly this union would NOT create a genious like Alec.
Flag
Aug 25, 2013
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Aug 09, 2013
WOW.... just WOW !

Escher --> Alec --> and little Jason. Could have never imagined this possibility before this finale, but makes perfect sense now.

Many things to wonder:

1) The free-lancer guy in 2077 (with Jason) - must be a 2077 guy who must have traveled back to 2012 (and/or probably earlier), and then returned to 2077 to fix things. Doesn't it mean that the show would be focusing on only ONE time-line where time-travelers would keep changing the events. (If so, season 3 is going to be thrilling!)

2) Alec going back in time by 1 day to save Emiley? Wait, two Alec's?, oh and if he does save her, then he wouldn't actually time-travel at the end (basement), I wonder what happens at the basement then? Especially, with two Alec's !

There are more questions but, I guess i'll just wait for 8 months... unless I could time-travel :P
Flag
Aug 06, 2013
It was amazing.

Continuum was and remains one of the best series out there in regards to sci-fi. Truth to be told there where times I thought the plot was moving slow and there are still some inconsistencies (Gardiner is missing for 2 weeks, wake up people) but all in all if there is one thing about this show that I like, is that it can turn everything upside down and make valid points where it really counts . The whole thing about Kiera being the push that turns Julian into Theseus hit me the moment they took him , and seeing Kiera realizing the same , was refreshing. She is a time traveler with a chip in her head, there should be light bulbs floating over her head every time her future and our present reveals a meaningful connection. Anyway the finale was brilliant. The whole thing about father/ son/ grandpa fitted perfectly in our little puzzle and as questions were being answered more questions were being born. Great applause for Alec. He proved how fragile and selfish is the human nature by making a choice, not only against Kiera, but also against his father (though I don't like Esher at all so I kind of enjoyed that). Sorry for the spoilers btw.

More+
Flag
Aug 06, 2013
Well presumably Alec went back some time before the Freelancers killed Emily(for people who try to preserve the future they sure kill a lot of bystanders) so that he could prevent it and could at the same time prevent what happened to the group of people he left behind. Its not like he had a lot of choice, he could have sent Kiera back in a very unselfish and self sacrificing manner, or allowed them to take the time travel device and no one would get anything, or he could help himself and maybe later help other people. We'll have to wait to find out.
Flag
Aug 07, 2013
Yeah, I guess his choice was perhaps the best under the circumstances , but I already see the immense problem that follows every series that dares to explore the field of time travel and its non other than "Time Paradox". And btw lets not forget the last clip of the season finale where everyone was captured. If Alec does go back , he negates the end clip, since season 3 will be about him going back to save Emily, thus changing the course of events. Unless that was glimpse of how important it is for him to succeed , so as to prevent such a terrible outcome. Still, there is one more clip that won't fit which is Carlos siding with Julian. Why I have the feeling that something went wrong and he will end up ahead instead of before? It will be a perfect tie between season 2 and 3.
Flag
Aug 07, 2013
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Aug 06, 2013
Epic!

I did guess that crazy homeless dude wasn't Alec's dad the second the DNA tests showed positive though, the show has gone out of it's way to avoid outright stating how the time-travel works in-universe, so if he had been Alec's father we'd have known the future was fixed.
Flag
Aug 06, 2013
That's how to do a cliffhanger finale, anyone who says they know what's coming next season clearly doesn't know what they are talking about.
Only slight negative was Betty, they made a big deal about the viewers deciding her fate but if she hadn't been in the episode I don't think it would have made any difference to the story at all
Flag
Aug 06, 2013
I have never been bored by this awesome series and the finale was outstanding in every way, IMHO. One of the best, smartest, most compelling, most interesting and most thrilling finales of any tv show I've ever seen! It was some truly incredible 45min of television. This is Sci-Fi drama at its best, IMHO!
Flag
Aug 06, 2013
How awesome was that finale? Epic. I loved the father/grandfather/son plot too, so confusing and just mind blowing! And Kiera's and Travis's fight all over Piron? UNBELIEVABLE. And just... everything. WOW. Can't wait for the new season!
Flag
Aug 06, 2013
The best season finale I have seen in a long time but I wouldnt expect anything else from one of the best shows on television. Too many shows these days have anti-climactic finales but not Continuum. Now they need to get rolling on the next season.
Flag
Aug 06, 2013
(Spoilers ahead>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>)
I like how they worked the grandfather, father, son angle. Great writing. But so much happened and so much didn't happen. I really want to see if our main character will be the main character season three? Who knows, she might join liberate.
Flag
Aug 05, 2013
The episode was full of answers and questions and i love it.
Flag
Aug 05, 2013
Emmm, so what did i just watch? that was epic and mind blowing and there are so many questions i still need answers to. Don't want to ruin the surprise so i would not say much here.. only that that was a great finale...
Flag
Follow this Show
Members