A Continuum Community
Syfy (ended 2015)
Upcoming Sense8 from theWachowskis, who made The Matrix, V for Vendetta and Cloud Atlas, seem like a close fit to Continuum. It will be a 10 episodes show about mentally linked individuals. This makes me think of eXistenZ (1999)

The After
will follow eight strangers who find themselves forced to work together to survive the moments after the apocalypse. From X-files creator Chris Carter.

To tie this up we have Lantern City, a steampunk adventure from Bruce Boxleitner.

The future looks bright. Better get them steampunk goggles out from the drawer.

What are you hoping for next year? Any new shows that catches your fancy?
Comments (16)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Sense8 has another great connection to science fiction as, next to the Wachowskis, it is also produced by J. Michael Straczynski. I will watch it.

But, I'll probably watch the others too as there is so little good SciFi television around I will have to try everything.
Flag
Looking forward for some more Time Travel shows... It automatically has "drama" and "suspense" along with "Science fiction" !

It only needs to have a good story, but a flawless one considering the timelines.
Flag
What channels are they on?
Flag
They have not been bought by any networks yet. Some will air on direct video like Netflix. But not until 2014 or even late 2014.
Only some detail on cast members have been released.
Flag
What about The 100? Looking forward to that too! :)

I'll probably give all of the three shows mentioned here a chance, but they have to get rid of the voiceover from the trailer on Lantern City - seriously that was SO BAD, I had to cringe; hoping the actors will get better as they get "into the groove", but the narrator voice has GOT to go.
Flag
These all seem interesting, I hold more hope for The After basically because a) I've heard about it elsewhere b) it has the sort of name behind it you know (I think what I know about Bruce Boxleitner is that he is/was married to Melissa Gilbert?) and c) taps into the dystopian thing that, well, was popular in books about two years ago so now TV is catching up. I am really not sure what Lantern City seems to be about (time travelers?). The Sense8, I could make a ten episode commitment I guess.
Flag
boxleitner also was head of babylon 5 since season 2 if I am not mistaken:-)
Flag
Don't forget Scarecrow and Mrs. King.
Flag
Huh...I never actually watched Babylon 5 so there's that. I wonder where these shows will actually be on. Some of them seem SyFy exactly, but I'm not sure.
Flag
Sense8 will be on Netflix and Amazon instant video.
Not very much is known about those shows. We'll see if they turn up at all.
The After is unclear. Deadline Hollywood
Flag
Follow this Show
Members