Continuum Forums

Friday 10:00 PM on SyfyBetween Seasons

endtimes phone call

fujin_mage

[1]Aug 6, 2012
    • level: 7

I dont get it

who called the fbi agent?

or was it just a rouse to make kira think her cover wassent blown after all???

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Charlie183

[2]Aug 6, 2012
    • level: 17
    I don't think it was fake.. I think there is someone else that we don't know about yet.. they are at the end of the season, they want to keep us excited and looking forward to a new season, so they had to set a new mystery.. so maybe someone else came through from the future !? this Jason guy will not be the last IMO. Who could it be ?
    I would love to see old Alec being there and meeting young Alec, but that is wishfull thinking I guess..

Merkavar

[3]Aug 7, 2012
    • level: 2

fujin_mage wrote:

I dont get it

who called the fbi agent?

or was it just a rouse to make kira think her cover wassent blown after all???

my understanding is that there are more people from the future and this head of section 6 is helping kira. whether thats good or bad i guess depends on why kira was sent back to the present

Edited on 08/07/2012 1:43am

MisterKez

[4]Aug 7, 2012
    • level: 4
    When Jason, the guy who built the time machine, told Kiera about other time jumpers, he said something about Escher. When he did, he made a fearful face. I thought Kiera did too. When the cell service came back up and the agent got the call, he said that his supervisor had been talking to Escher and that Kira was legit. I think Escher Has some nefarious purpose in mind, by Kiera's thinking. (Kiera still hasn't come around yet.) He had to know Kiera, else why would he support her in the shadows like that? Unless Sadler knew him and told him something like he told Kagame. I think that future Sadler is an unknown member of Liber8.

neojhun

[5]Aug 8, 2012
    • level: 5

I'm not one that usually likes to spread guesses and hypothesis but this one is important.

It's quite clear Mr. Escher is Julian Randol who traveled back earlier than everyone else. Thus why he was revealed to be Kagame secret and only adviser in 2076 (not 2077 slipped from Kellogs mouth on the boat with Kiera). Jason also informs us that Julian / Mr Escher is not a true member of Liber8 but infact a "Privateer". Selfish egotistical people who want to manipulate Liber8 to fight against Co-Operate for their own benefit. Julian being the front line pawn for the Privateers that directly deals with Kagame. Remember both Julian and his father in "Family Time" standoff was used as sacrifices for set fire to Thesues. Which I call Roland Randal Theseus 1.0 while Julian being Theseus 2.0. Thus why Kagame calls Julian in 2076 "Theseus".

But once Kagame understood his destiny from Alec version 2012. Privateers double agents in Co-Operate fakes Julian's execution instead he is sent back earlier than everyone else to be arogue underground sleeper agent to be the puppet master to ensure goals / destiny. For example when Keira's was about to be blown by Agent Garner Julian / Mr Escher makes a call as a high ranking sleeper agent to vouch for Agent Cameron. The "endtime phone call" is just a symptom of the newly revealed "Privateers".

Remember Continuum is a commentary of power structure in a Technocracy making the parties "Co-Operate", "Liber8" and "Privateers" examples of class groups. Insightfully you could infer that Privateers (name is a clue) is a contemporary criticism by the writers of today's 1%. (personal don't believe in that shit).

Jhun Wong 9th Aug 2012

Edited on 08/08/2012 9:29pm
    Edited 2 total times.

erinahbing

[6]Sep 2, 2012
    • level: 6

neojhun wrote:

It's quite clear Mr. Escher is Julian Randol who traveled back earlier than everyone else.

Quite clear? From what?

fujin_mage

[7]Sep 8, 2012
    • level: 7
    i have to agree with erinahbing, i dont see how its "clear" that mr. Escher is julian Randal. In fact it makes less sence if he was, since alec sadler invented the time travel device, and Julian is fighting against everything future Alec has become... Why send Julian back in time, as far as i can see, the only reason he sent liber8 back, was to meet kira and learn about his future.

ma_liky

[8]Feb 7, 2013
    • level: 13
    I too dont think that Julian is Mr.Escher. That has to be some one who is watching her and knows where she is and what she does all the time. That he can make calls like that. That moment was precises. So my guess is Alec senior. It is his game that all are playing. Like Kagame sad It is his plan. A lot was reviled in this episode. And the most important thing is that future Alec knows it all. He is the only one that has knowledge on how the future is going to be before it has happened. He saw it. Have you seen his face when in the future he was introduced for the first time to Kiera. She doesnt know who he is and he remembers everything they have been trough, amazing. And Kagames realizing who young Alec is. This was the best finale I have seen in some time and I can not wait for new season. )))