Continuum Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on ShowcaseIn Season

Kiera and Kellogg having sex is a real deadly mistake for this show.

aredo3604

[1]Jul 30, 2012
    • level: 6

Way to ruin everything built on the previous 8 episodes in less than 3 minutes.

Why Simon Barry, why?

You created a very good sci-fi tv series and then you make a mess with Kiera and Kellogg having sex ?

It's a terrible huge mistake. So season finale, Episode10 is going to open with Kiera in Kellogg's bed, seriously?

You placed all hints since the pilot with old Alec in the future (Smoking Man) pointing to him and Alec romance and you kept placing those same hints even same Episode9... and it would have made sense and allowed you to create all kind of paradoxes..

But then Kiera and Kellogg sex affair is just plain wrong both plot and characters wise. It doesn't make any damn sense for Kiera to have sex with Kellogg. If that is what you did you managed to ruin your own series and failed to see the good things you created about the characters and plot.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Merkavar

[2]Jul 31, 2012
    • level: 2

from what i remember they didnt have sex or even kiss. the scene cuts away as they are still talking.

so maybe wait until something happens before you over react.

also i dont see how its that bad for the show.

aredo3604

[3]Aug 6, 2012

They did it. They screwed it up completely.

They managed to completely waste Kiera character for the "shock factor" lamest possible sex scene ever. Kiera having sex with Kellogg it's negating the whole show, all previous episodes, no consistency and destroying Kiera both as a wife and as a soldier.

Kiera having sex with terrorist Kellogg it's the show jumping the shark.

Series creator Simon Barry only deserves to be fired.

I am more than disappointed everytime an hack ruins a very good show like this. Just like the hacks that turned Stargate Universe into a Melrose Place in space.

Edited on 08/06/2012 1:49am
    Edited 2 total times.

Merkavar

[4]Aug 7, 2012

she had sex with him to get the timetravel peice. so i dont see how it ruins anything. she used her wits instead of force.

played kellog for a fool maybe?

Edited on 08/07/2012 1:34am

pjt

[5]Aug 7, 2012
    • level: 8

aredo3604 wrote:

Why Simon Barry, why?

You created a very good sci-fi tv series and then you make a mess with Kiera and Kellogg having sex ?

It's a terrible huge mistake. So season finale, Episode10 is going to open with Kiera in Kellogg's bed, seriously?

You placed all hints since the pilot with old Alec in the future (Smoking Man) pointing to him and Alec romance and you kept placing those same hints even same Episode9... and it would have made sense and allowed you to create all kind of paradoxes..

But then Kiera and Kellogg sex affair is just plain wrong both plot and characters wise. It doesn't make any damn sense for Kiera to have sex with Kellogg. If that is what you did you managed to ruin your own series and failed to see the good things you created about the characters and plot.

Alec?!? He isn't even legal, is he? Maybe Carlos, they had a good chemistry, but Alec? They were never to be considered romantically in any possible way.

And we never saw what happened with her and Kellogg. We presume they slept together, she woke up in his bed, but their morning conversation might be proof for both they did it, and they didn't.

And if they did sleep together, it might have been for lots of reasons. First and foremost, he is the her only (somewhat) ally who actually understands her, knows what's she has been through. Carlos would have been a bad choice, since she has to keep lying to him, while he said that it's the best time to be totally honest with each other. Kellogg has been after her a long time now, and obviously he took the time travel device part to lure her there. He used her, she used him too to get it back. I mean, if they did have sex.

nimd4

[6]Aug 8, 2012
    aredo3604 wrote:

While I can generally agree with what you're saying, you have effectively ruined your credibility by rating it a "1" @ http://www.tv.com/shows/continuum-2012/endtimes-2507415/

It's fine to dislike the direction, writing, whatever, but this cannot warrant a "1". Chuck Norris may be a "1" for example, however this can't be rated that.

Perhaps there's a way to fix it, so we could talk more.. Until then, regards, v1adimir.

neojhun

[7]Aug 8, 2012
    • level: 5

WTF is wrong with you. In 2012 Alec physically is a Teenager while Kiera physically is 30+. That would make a sexual relationship between the two gross and illegal in reality, making your assumption the one jumping the shark controversially. While the relationship between Kiera and Kellogg is also important.

If you actually understood the grandeur and vastness (YouTube Rachel Nichols interviews) of Continuum's concept. You would realize Kellogg is a type of character I call Free Radicals. They are the wrench in the machine that creates unconnected and random event happen (love that). While Keira is the singular Hero that is the embodiment of a soldier fighting for good in a sea of fuzzy morals. When the two come together they interfere with the "Continuum" of three evil objectives by Co-Operate, Liber8 and Privateers. From Keira intention to be the moral high ground while Kellogg causing uncontrollable destructive.

Rememberthat Kellogg never was a true member of Liber8 but sadly was sucked in out of circumstance by his sister's death caused by Agent Cameron's Squad. The significance of the Keira and Kellog sexual-romantic but non love relationship is to cause a deep Dependency on each other that is an organic fight of beneficial and damaging. In some cases they will help each other while other time against each other depending of the circumstance. This constant deep relationship like lust and then drops into enemies will only improve and amplify the uncontrollable destructive nature of these two.

FYI: Alec is not as good or beneficial to Keira in future, he is only naive early on.

Jhun Wong 9th Aug 2012

Edited on 08/08/2012 8:46pm

JolarEQ

[8]Aug 9, 2012
    • level: 3

neojhun wrote:
    WTF is wrong with you. In 2012 Alec physically is a Teenager while Kiera physically is 30+. That would make a sexual relationship between the two gross and illegal in reality

Sorry to disappoint you, but Alec is 17. Legal age of consent in Canada, which is where the show takes place, is 16, so there would be nothing illegal about a sexual relationship between Alec and Kiera.

As to it being gross? Well, that's your opinion. If I were 17, and a 30+ year old like Kiera wanted to have sex with me? I wouldn't think it was gross at all.

pjt

[9]Aug 9, 2012
    • level: 8

JolarEQ wrote:

As to it being gross? Well, that's your opinion. If I were 17, and a 30+ year old like Kiera wanted to have sex with me? I wouldn't think it was gross at all.

LOL That's what I say, when I read all those news about female teachers seducing their students. It has never happened in my school, never. Imagine a school where good looking teachers are not doing their best to sexually exploit young boys. Scandal!

As for Keira being the dream of every horny teenager, I second it. Even I wouldn't think twice, and I'm not a teenager since ages ago, not by a mile.

NasirAkd

[10]Aug 9, 2012
    • level: 4

Personally I believe it isn't. This could in fact end up being a good storyline. Think about it, most shows would've gone for theclichéromance between partners (like they did with Olivia and Peter in Fringe) but this thing is quite interesting and from the looks of it, it doesn't seem like she used him she may have just took this as an opportunity. And i personally think that this is a pretty good thing they're doing in the show and for all we know the show hasn't even been renewed so we don't need to worry about what happens with them in second season.

Badhab1t

[11]Aug 18, 2012
    • level: 3

I never get why ppl keep whine about 16+ boys/girls doing it with 30+!!

I know many girls that when in 16, they are so much mature then 15-16 years old boys. I can't see there is any real problem if they are with someone that is older then her. As long it's her own choice. People keep think that girl need protection,because their "weak". LMAO. It's 2012, I know quite a few girls that can kick 100kg man's @ss if she choose to.

And as for boys. As I have being a boy my self, I can only laugh at the idea of those news where "hot 30+famale teacher seduced her student" is that much a crime. LMAO! I would be over joy, if it happen to me when I was 16 Come on. In 16, boy are over top with hormones, it pure wonder that we don't "jump" every hot girl we see. Mostly it's parent that are going crazy,moms mostly(over protect their sons). I can see/and I know some of the fathers that would go "Give me five,by boy!" Ofc, fathers won't be that happy if it's their girls with a older guy. Parents can and will some force the issue on their kid. But that French kid when on marry his teacher. Now there is true love there Brave kid.

As I don't see the relationship between student and teacher(in university it happen ALOT!) a problem, but I do think one of teacher or student should be transfer to other school, as avoiding any problems in the long run.

And as many had already said, IF keira is in my school, and I had a change be with her, I would!! Don't really have to think about it!

IT's a REAL crime, if a boy said no to her XD I would suggest the boy get a brain scan. ^^

Back to topic. I don't see Kiera and kellogg having a real relationship,as she know she can never trust him. But hey, she had a weak moment(which I think it's more about getting that "teleport stone"back then a real weak moment).

Hal-El

[12]Mar 6, 2013
    • level: 7
    JolarEQ wrote:

neojhun wrote:
    WTF is wrong with you. In 2012 Alec physically is a Teenager while Kiera physically is 30+. That would make a sexual relationship between the two gross and illegal in reality

Sorry to disappoint you, but Alec is 17.

Do we know for sure that he's that young? I sort of assumed that he was a twentysomething genius who was living with his mom because he was too busy working on his inventions(which aren't making money yet) to hold down a job. But I may have been influenced by the fact that the actor looks like he's about 25.

mattgus

[13]Mar 12, 2013
    • level: 14
    we get this series almost a yr later in the US...my slant on this is simple..usually,usually it is the tension of a relationship that makes it work in a series...will they,won't they?? once it is done it burst the bubble...that is why you see almost every story having the romantic leads having terrible trouble getting together...there are exceptions depending on the story,but again generally it is best to keep the leads from having relationships...drama is just that and happy relationsgips are boring...now if it causes conflict,that is a good thing,as long as it doesn't hurt the characters likability too much...there are examples..i stopped being interested in bones after they got married,it was more fun to see the love-hate thing they had...go back to the x-files...scully and mulder had to have the love-hate thing and very slowly to the end of the series...we knew they could not live without each other but we waited.....then we were happy to see them happily ever after once it was drawing to a close and we knew that...it is always a tricky thing...almost al successful series uses this dynamic...but these two in continuum are not lovers..sooo? we will see...they have certainly created tension with us...

mattgus

[14]Mar 12, 2013
    • level: 14
    sorry...add///sex always creates a differant dynamic then what we had b/4...that is why it takes 2 very sophisticated people,usually emoitionally to have a sexual relationship with say a friend...but if it is sex for trade as in i have no choice,or i am useing you,even if we both know or one is duped,then you are seeing some part of the person you did not know b/4,it is a reveal...and with this we have time travel....is the atmosphere 60+ yrs in the future differant...and how..did the writers take this into account like they should have???...ok i think i'm done now lol...

susanneriksso

[15]Jun 26, 2013

How does that ruin the show? I'd rather see Keira with someone legal than with Alec who is barely, what.. 18? And personally, I like a more interesting love interest. Granted, it was unexpected, but it did not feel like it ruined the show. Carlos is a nice character and all, but it was the too obvious choice... and he's just a very obvious character overall... Sure, every show needs a true "nice guy", but he's rarely the interesting choice for any main love plot. Also, Keira is married, so throwing her into any serious love relationship in the first season(s) would not really be appropriate. A physical relationship without love between Carlos and Keira? I don't really see that happening. In any case, I am pro-Kellogg, he's an interesting character who will probably add to some intriguing plot twists in the future, which he already has!

Viperswhip

[16]Aug 1, 2013
    • level: 1
    While I absolutely do not want to see a relationship between Keira and Alec, in Canada the age of consent is 16, and he is definitely over that. The show is filmed in Canada, and the show itself is based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada. I do not know if the age of consent in the US is federally mandated or not, but don't go imposing your moral standards on every other country.

I thought the Kellogg thing was just blowing off steam, and manipulating him to get the device back. They had her flirting with Carlos early in the series but that disappeared by about episode 5 and I don't think they've got great chemistry either. Kellogg is actually the one she has the most adversarial chemistry with, but I don't think she wants to be with him anyway, just use him for her own ends.

tlee7474

[17]Oct 5, 2013
    Absolutely terrible. What an awful way to destroy a character. Not even watchable anymore.

tlee7474

[18]Oct 5, 2013
    The thing that baffles me is how people are excusing her behavior. "Using her wits instead of force" "he is her only ally" Wow, what a bunch of crap. It ruined the show for ME. I'm not suggesting that it did for anyone else. If you are ok with the twist and it going against EVERYTHING she was built up to be, thats ok. I just get tired of shows suggesting woman have to "sleep around " to get what they want. She was a strong semi tortured character that seemed to handle bad situations fairly well. Is her husband a bad guy, maybe. You all will know more because I turned it off right after the scene. Even if he was she did not know when she slept with kellog, so she can't even use the moral high ground. There are SO many other ways you could have gone without this plot line. You could have shown them just about to kiss and she realizes what effect it would have on her family (son mainly). That would have gotten the tension with screwing her character up. So now everytime she needs something she can just sleep with whoever that is. After all she's just "using her wits". Sad so sad. Again, I'm not suggesting my opinion is the only opinion, but that's why I can never watch this show again.