Continuum

Friday 10:00 PM on Syfy Premiered May 27, 2012 Returning 4 September 2015

neomichel

Continuum Fan Reviews (128)

• One of the best shows ever.

Please keep it going--are you listening Netflix. Complex power struggles, human relations and the only great sci fi to really take on the huge problems with privatization and surveillance. Wish it would keep going for a long, long time. Deep cast. Just great. i was soooo hoping this would go for many years.
  • Season Four Suggestions - Return the Series to its Premise Please !!!

This is a great series with a great acting team. Sad to see the network extend only into a fourth season. There were some issues with Season three that many felt could have been written better as far as a believable plot line. They were as follows. *** SPOILER ALERT ***

Continuum Last Six Episodes Suggestions

Here are the problems created by season three:

1 Fans did not care for how quickly Kiera gave up the idea of returning home to her son and husband one does not give up on family especially children no matter how artfully a writer might think typed words on paper can change this in a script

2 Early Episodes and repeated flashbacks seemed to indicate the husband knew more than he was saying before the attempted execution but this was never resolved leaving a huge hole in the overall story

3 Kagame was dismissed too easily as someone not able to change the future based on altruistic actions in the 2012 'present' one paradox was layered on top of another paradox and so the third season theme was 'nothing really matters' - which is a betrayal of the series original concept that revolutionaries were going to set matters right also the direction of the series map was leading us to believe Kiera would switch sides to support the defeat of the corporations thus joining Kagame and company under new rules of engagement - she did switch sides at the end of season three sacrificing her future son which no mother would ever do

4 This might actually be the biggest flaw of season three Kiera number one had a bullet in her head and fans were shocked at the cavalier way Kiera number two had quickly given up on her family to further a script driven romance with a complete stranger who BTW was the one who shot her in the head complete and utter garbage

5 Betty was mercilessly murdered to elicit an emotional reaction any writer who uses the killing off of main loved characters as an emotional tool is a moron

6 Alec killed himself in a gruesome fight to the death with himself a really sick and twisted scene to watch this event written into the script degraded the character of both Alec Sadlers - gone is the simpler times of season one and two where Alex is this idealistic kid who is helping a time traveler get back home self murdering self only strengthened the idea that nothing matters

7 Carlos Fennegra did not appreciate his original partner being shot in the head and did not really know where he was or what he was accomplishing

8 A weird original time traveler lurks in the background this is a mistake as if he can direct the correct passage of time starting a thousand years ago no human has this wisdom a complete absurdity - the character is a distraction from a possible noble conclusion I would lose this character fast

9 Matthew Kellogg is left in charge interesting we can work with this odd twist

10 Warriors from the future emerge on the scene to end the third season

The following suggestions however you want to fit them into your 'plan' however messed up it is at this point in time is how you fix all these problems and end the series on a very dramatic positive note

The series hinges on the good moral fiber of several people in particular and possibly a few others added at the end: Kiera, Alex, Carlos, Betty, Sonya, Garza, and Travis add Thesius at the end if you like - a high note for season three was when a team was forged between the rebellion and Kiera's team including Alex and Carlos

Scenario: Season 4

1 - First Kiera and the new guy from the future evade the future time traveling warriors. She parts company with the new guy from the future to follow a lead. Alec left a back door into the main frame so he could remote access into his server array at a future time when needed. With Kellogg now in charge this is a good thing. In going over the data stream he notices an added protocol that gives full control to the corporations over governmental decisions Earth wide. It is later learned that the weird time traveler with dreadlocks is the culprit in influencing Matthew Kellogg to implement this into the new devices so as to control aberrant behavior - the time traveler is not the savior people hoped he would be and himself is from a time distant from 2077

2 - Kiera realizes her love for her past family is too strong to give up on and that the schmuck she has been shacking up with from the future is just a mercenary. She severs ties with him and resumes her quest to reunite with her family. Early in season four the original time traveler is killed when the 2012 time line implodes as a result of the anomalies that were created in season 3.

Kiera assembles the team again comprising of Liberate, Julian, Carlos, and Alec with the purpose of forming a new frontal assault on the time line. Alec determines that to fix things they need to use the principles of Kagame and Thesius combined to shape a change for the benefit of all people. As a team they enable the time travel apparatus and return to a time just before the events that sent Liberate members and Kiera to 2012. They do this just in time (pun intended) as the 2012 time line implodes with everything around them dissolving and exploding.

3 - This new forged team is now in 2077. This will allow the writers to visit events that Kiera's husband knew about before the prisoner execution. And explain his apprehension before the execution went bad. The writers can play with this as they see fit. Kiera number two explains things to Kiera number one. Carlos gets to see the future first hand Travis is reunited with Sonya however Travis, Garza and Lucien are melded with their identical selves since they are the same persons who left 2077 they now have enhanced memories of events from 2012.

4 The new team defeat the corporations in 2077 by joining forces with intellectuals from an even distant future. To solidify the stationary correction in events it is learned a team must return to 2012 at the instant Kiera and Liberate originally traveled back in time this brings Betty back to life as well as the police chief. (this can be the last episode of the series)

The nice thing about this script is the first Kiera ends up with her family. The second Kiera will return to a time that the writers can call 'shaped time' where in theory all the duplicates will become one with the originals in 2012 (as explained by the future intellectuals) keeping their acquired knowledge of all events thus insuring the fixes in 2077 that divest the corporations of power will be unchallenged by them.

Time markers are set throughout this era called sequencers or convergence stabilizers that will prevent these times from being altered ever again.

Kiera number 2 ends up with Carlos back in 2012. All of the Liberate team survive. No one is killed for false emotional sympathy. Travis is reunited with the self sacrificing Sonya.

In the future past the year 2077 there can be a scene where a time capsule from the 2012 team wishes the 2077 team well.

Thus a good and happy ending to Continuum. The teams are victorious and together in different times.

PS I work in IT so all of these concepts have been tested (just kidding)

• GREAT SHOW!

This show is outstanding. It's so worth watching.
  • I love it

best show for this year
  • Best Sci-Fi Tv Show

Best Sci-Fi Tv Show. I just love it. It's so different.
  • makes u wonder....

hello from cyprus.

i have started watching the show 1 week ago and since now,i have watch all the three am keeping my fingers crossed that it will be a 4 season!!!
  • Great Show

This is one of my favorite shows. It's a must see sci fi.
  • Season 3 was confusing

Had no idea what took place in season 3. Tried to follow but they lost me. I like a good SciFi but season 3 had too many Alexes and Kieras. I started losing interest in the show with the second Alex. Reminded me of when Bobby came back to life on Dallas and his death was written off as a bad dream Pam had. That's was the beginning of the end for Dallas. I suspect same here for Continuum. If renewed for season 4 I may still tune in just to see the ever hot Kiera, Sonya and Jasmin but I'll just bypass the storyline.
  • Like a good wine

This show gets better with age. Early on it was a scifi show that was also a police drama that kinda forgot it was a sci fi show. As it's progressed it's ticking off all the good scifi boxes. I can't wait for season 4!
  • LOVE IT

This is a great show to watch. The technology they use in the show makes it look so real. Highly recommended to watch.
  • Season 3

I think that this series just gets better and better! I'm amazed by some of the concepts explored in it. I think that Kiera has turned out to be the main villain. Her life in 2077 isn't worth returning to, because it's based on slavery, censorship, and control of the food supply . There does seem to be a conflict of interests with the whole storyline, considering the big companies who own Showtime, SyFy Channel, etc, but don't forget that Star Trek: TNG was shown on a lot of channels owned by Rupert Murdoch's NewsCorp, often run as PayTV, although the underlying message in Star Trek is alternative economics.
  • The Corporate Congress Owns Continuum

From the reviews I see a few cheers for Continuum telling a story about how the corporations pull all the strings and they corrupt govt on all levels. The only problem, Corporations are not only people, but they are TV producers as well. Continuum can't go too far in it's story telling before it's finances dry up. The US part of the money pot is controlled by SyFy which is a very minor appendage of Comcast-NBC-Universal conglomerate. Don't expect too much out of a basically "entertainment" TV Series, and if you go on the internet, Shaw and Comcast own large chunks of that too.

In Canada, Showcase is owned by (Shaw Media) Shaw Communications, in turn controlled by Goldman Sachs $2 billion buy-in.
  • Sonmanto Monsanto Continuum

Is anybody REALLY paying attention to this show? I thought this place would be blaizng hot with comments about "Sonmanto"! So bloody bold! The show fully explored the possible outcome of Monsanto having ownership of the world's food supply!

SHOUTED about everywhere! This is not just a scifi show! It's provocative education!

Listen up people! This show tells it like it might be if we don't stop MONSANTO!

And just so you know, the Facebook page for the TV show seems to no longer be available! When I search for it I get American Horror Story! What's up with that!

Comments anyone?
  • Love this show !!!!

I just found out about and I absolutely love it !!! Really well written !!! Smart and fascinating !!! Good actors and great effects !!!
  • wow, what an amazing show

Well thought out show, I like the possibilities of what can happen if you upset the pass. The acting is great, lot of action. One of the best show that's around
  • great story with little time

the continuum is an amazing series but does not have any time they have to keep the viewers interested save the story from butchering and say the story to its fullest with this complex story and only 10 to 13 episodes come on what can survive that but let me say this continuum have to survive because there is not much good science fiction with a long story this complex and wonderful in tv now days and did i said its amazing

• LOVE this show!

One of the best shows on TV. Love it! So glad that shows like this one are created and available on Netflix.
  • Rocked me from inside!!

The story is not only about the time travel but It is a indication of how future will become more and more controlled by corporations that are controlling today individual privacy. The corporations, who are distributing day to day life technologies and playing with the social engineering of human life, are only creating back door in those technologes for using human as a tool for collection of so many information and market in product world. It is seemed to be right at some instant we will become addicted and dependent on those technogies who are great for our life and improve this too. But, these will be the main source of exploiting these technology as their own benefit. And the black box of technology that has some backdoor, we will not able to modify. This is the social engineering --playing with our mind. That is we!!
  • good song

Good song "Continuum. Review :
  • Corporations

I love this show, but after reading all the reviews there seems to be a common thread. Who do you root for Liber8 who is trying to protect our rights albeit by ruthless tactics or Kiera who is trying to protect the future and get herself home? But I feel we are all missing the bigger picture which is the Corporate Congress of the future which controls everything. I think we can see that this is already well under way in America and I am sure Canada and other countries also. They control the Congress and the Senate of both parties even if we don't want to admit it. we are seeing the start now of what are own reality will bee in are kids futures, scary to think about!
  • end of season 2...

I stumbled across this show by accident and I am so glad I did, it is excellent, and quite frighteningly outlines the potential future that is held for us all... privacy invation is everywhere, even on this sight, I wanted to write a review and could log in using facebook, but to be able to do this, i needed to give the sight access to my friends list my birth date etc.... it is so easy to give it all up.... where is it all going...

The show taps into this, and as the previous reviewer mentions, you really don't know who to support, a police state, or the people fighting for our right to privacy and independence, albeit using very hostile means to achieve their end point.... this is a war that has already started, most of us just aren't aware yet..

• Absolutely some of the best Sci-Fi writing!

I am more and more amazed each week with the intricate writing and the sci-fi special effects... fantastic work! It is also a pleasure seeing some of the veteran actors from previous sci-fi shows Roger R. Cross and Lexa Doig. Keep up the great work!
  • Great Scifi Show!!!!

Cool Cast

Keeps getting better each episode.

Go the Canadians!!!
  • Excellent Series

Really love Continuum. One of my favorite shows. It's very well written/masterfully done. Perhaps one of the very best. Keep up the great work! I hope the show lasts for 12 seasons if it continues like this! :)
  • Number one series

I liked it from the beginning and started to looking forward to each next episode. Even though I know that there must be a turn after the last episode with everyone in these seethrough cages, I keep wondering what it might be.

I felt bad after the last show. But then I didn't know there would be a third season... so there is hope. Maybe another Kiera from the future or other timeline will save everybody. Who knows what wil happen.

As far as the paradoxes: I don't believe in that. I think there are two major things happening with the future: either, everything they do will lead to the future they want to prevent, or an alternative future will pop up. There is this interesting story of (I thought Heinlein, but I might be wrong) a man who went through so many altarnative timelines, that in the end he met his female self. Meaning: anything can happen. So in continuum. I'm looking forward to the next season....
  • Great show

I really like this show. This is basically because of the sophisticated storyline. I can't remember a show where the audience is "taught" to cheer for a character who is actually supporting the bad guys. And the terrorists are brutal their cause is is a really cool story concept. (The only thing that comes close is Clint Eastwood's western film, We are bonding with the police woman, but we all know the show's corporations are the bad guys. I actually have fun watching each episode cheering for both sides! No, the writers for the show are not trying to make corporations look good. They are trying to deliver a sophisticated storyline that makes us question what is right and wrong, highlighting the idea that both sides can be the good guys, depending on how you watch the show. Well done writers! More in season 3!
  • Great Show

Love the show, Season 1 & 2 kept me on the edge of my seat with all the

mysteries. Kiera(Rachel Nichols) get us glued to the TV with her story

of her being sent back in time to 2012. She has to fight Liber8(A

terrorist group) to get back to her family and avoid changing the

future too much.

So happy to hear that Shaw Case announced that they will be renewing

the show for a third season. Season 3 will be coming out early 2014.

Hope the third season get's me exited the same way as the other two

did.
  • Great show

I think this is probably the best sci fi show on TV at the moment. I loved season 1 and am loving season 2. My only gripe would be I think they could be making better use of Kellog in season 2 as his character has been very much sidelined in the episodes so far. Season 1 seemed to spend a lot of time making him more likeable whereas season 2 seems to be concentrating on doing the opposite.
  • A different story... to me at least.

This es ESPECTACULAR I love it ! It's so different from the other series I watch. And Rachel Nichols is such a god actriss. I cried when she talked to his holograic son, it was so sad. I really enjoy it and don't know what would happend in every episode. I just hope Carlos can be hes man. And Alex... lets hope he won't make the same mistakes.
  • good, but so wrong!!!

What i like most about the show is its revalence in the world today. The economics of corperations, are influcing goverments in the real world, and thats a BAD thing, witch is also the worst thing about this show, its made so that most audinces will root for kira and the corperations, and thats a bunch of BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!

I was hopeing through out s1 that kira would "get it" and start hating on the corporations, but no....

this is a good show, it just has the worst message in history, and its so wrong!!!

FUCK THE CORPORATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!