Continuum

Friday 10:00 PM on Syfy Premiered May 27, 2012 Between Seasons

neomichel

Continuum Fan Reviews (112)

• Great Show

This is one of my favorite shows. It's a must see sci fi.
  • Season 3 was confusing

Had no idea what took place in season 3. Tried to follow but they lost me. I like a good SciFi but season 3 had too many Alexes and Kieras. I started losing interest in the show with the second Alex. Reminded me of when Bobby came back to life on Dallas and his death was written off as a bad dream Pam had. That's was the beginning of the end for Dallas. I suspect same here for Continuum. If renewed for season 4 I may still tune in just to see the ever hot Kiera, Sonya and Jasmin but I'll just bypass the storyline.
  • Paradoxes rule!!

Time travel by nature is confusing what with alternate timelines, paradoxes, changing history, loops, etc. Thus season three is more confusing. And that is why I like season 3 so much. It has more to do with paradoxes and timelines than the first 2 seasons had. The 4 afore mentioned reasons are why I like time travel. I can't wait to see where the writers go with season 4. Whatever they do will be fine with me.
  • back to the future.. or at least back to season 1

The Plot of this show has gotten so murky that even its beautiful star cannot make it work. Season 1 & 2 were interesting in both sci fi time continuum and police investigation .But I think it jumped the shark when they had two kiras and two alexes. The third season is slow and plodding, and even the characters are not as interesting. Bring back the writers of the first seasons. !
  • par1721

The first two seasons were stellar for the most part. Spoiler 3 --with all the time spent on the other Keira's demise and two Alexs was it became tedious. why do they keep disposing of interesting (not to mention hot) characters like betty and sonya? Hopefully season 4 will get back to the origins as there was a lot to explore with just the 2077 and present day timelines. Ok let's reduce role of the Freelancers ( the like Q in Star Trek NG we kmow they're out there and perhaps wouldn't mind a visit once or twice a season). Season 4 should explore the Theuses theme and how coporations in general (not just Alex's) gain control overtime. Let Garza have a bigger role like season two. Sooner or later they'll have to focus on Keira's son and maybe have him travel back as an adult to search for his mother. Still its the best sci fi show on tv because it puts story telling first. On the PC front, I like the show's cast. Kudos to Canadian film makers reach out and incorporate minority actors as part of regular cast... another reason for missing betty and sonya. Would like to see that tall black woman from police internal affairs more in a protagonist role Or another black on keira's side. Great show especially first two seasons.
  • Like a good wine

This show gets better with age. Early on it was a scifi show that was also a police drama that kinda forgot it was a sci fi show. As it's progressed it's ticking off all the good scifi boxes. I can't wait for season 4!
  • Continuously entertaining

Season one was outstanding. I loved it! Season two kept up the amazingness too. The whole back from the future cop/terrorist plot is a first, too entertaining to miss. The plot throughout the first two seasons was compelling. Kiera is simply beautiful, smart and kickass!

Season three is alright but the plot is getting heavy and complicated and i hope the writers fix that! Its an awesome show and i hope it goes back onto the right path.
  • The first season was top notch, the 2nd was mediocre, the third is hogwash

When I saw this show in 2012, it seemed to me one of the best sci-fi of the past years. The drop in quality in the second season was huge but the third hit rock botton. I like Rachel Nichols a lot, but at this rate of crapness nothing will remain in the timeline.
  • LOVE IT

This is a great show to watch. The technology they use in the show makes it look so real. Highly recommended to watch.
  • Season 3

I think that this series just gets better and better! I'm amazed by some of the concepts explored in it. I think that Kiera has turned out to be the main villain. Her life in 2077 isn't worth returning to, because it's based on slavery, censorship, and control of the food supply . There does seem to be a conflict of interests with the whole storyline, considering the big companies who own Showtime, SyFy Channel, etc, but don't forget that Star Trek: TNG was shown on a lot of channels owned by Rupert Murdoch's NewsCorp, often run as PayTV, although the underlying message in Star Trek is alternative economics.
  • The Corporate Congress Owns Continuum

From the reviews I see a few cheers for Continuum telling a story about how the corporations pull all the strings and they corrupt govt on all levels. The only problem, Corporations are not only people, but they are TV producers as well. Continuum can't go too far in it's story telling before it's finances dry up. The US part of the money pot is controlled by SyFy which is a very minor appendage of Comcast-NBC-Universal conglomerate. Don't expect too much out of a basically "entertainment" TV Series, and if you go on the internet, Shaw and Comcast own large chunks of that too.

In Canada, Showcase is owned by (Shaw Media) Shaw Communications, in turn controlled by Goldman Sachs $2 billion buy-in.
  • Sonmanto Monsanto Continuum

Is anybody REALLY paying attention to this show? I thought this place would be blaizng hot with comments about "Sonmanto"! So bloody bold! The show fully explored the possible outcome of Monsanto having ownership of the world's food supply!

SHOUTED about everywhere! This is not just a scifi show! It's provocative education!

Listen up people! This show tells it like it might be if we don't stop MONSANTO!

And just so you know, the Facebook page for the TV show seems to no longer be available! When I search for it I get American Horror Story! What's up with that!

Comments anyone?
  • Bored now..

3.5
    I loved this programme ... the concept, the characters, the setting. I felt it had great things to say about where our society was heading if we weren't careful.

But recently ... for most of this current series I have just felt blah about it. I don't care anymore, the characters are no longer interesting, I find myself playing games, reading the news and ,, writing this! when I should be watching! At this stage I would please hope that something like Bitten (which had an amazing first season) will be renewed and this will be concluded in a satisfying way, because I don't have the patience to invest in this anymore... it just isn't interesting anymore.

Don't get me wrong .. I love complicated sci-fi shows but this is just getting boring;
  • LOVE IT!!!

Love, ABSOLUTELY love this show!

... brings us each time somewhere we wouldn't have thought of before and that makes it stunning. Breaking all linearity and logics, with no routine, asking us to think in circle...

And well.... it speaks to so many of us for an unwanted but very realistic future....

Just read that season 3 could be the last one though... and that just broke my hope of enjoying it for more and more....

Anyone knows about renewal or cancellation????
  • Liber8

I think I'm starting to like the intentions of liberate, and I love the whole thing about the future and all. I never know whats gonna happen in the next episode, which is what makes it awesome
  • Director Amanda Tapping...

I love that this episode was directed by Amanda Tapping - there were some great Vancouver skyline shots and on Showcase there are little show infos that show up on screen to fill out some background on the episode. I've not noticed that before, so perhaps it's a new addition. Cool episode - good on ya Amanda!!
  • Love this show !!!!

I just found out about and I absolutely love it !!! Really well written !!! Smart and fascinating !!! Good actors and great effects !!!
  • wow, what an amazing show

Well thought out show, I like the possibilities of what can happen if you upset the pass. The acting is great, lot of action. One of the best show that's around
  • A disappointment

I thought this would be a really interesting Sci-Fi series and was looking forward to it. But, with each show it just becomes more unbelievable and convoluted. Now, Kira is dealing with two of herself and Andy. What a joke. They had people stuck in "jails" with a guardian for the future? Sorry, I couldn't even watch the entire last episode. I'll admit that I'm totally lost and have no idea what is happening, anymore.
  • Just Gets Better

Season 2 was pretty tight and ended strongly, having seen the first episode of season 3 this show is only getting stronger.
  • Bad acting the main problem among others..

Well, I' ll go out and say it. I don't like this one. When I first read the plot I thought it was pretty interesting, being a sci-fi fan myself but after two episodes (I know it's not much but I just don't like at all and I want to watch so many other shows) I was totally turned off by the wooden acting, especially from Rachel Nichols, and the convenient events happening to progress the plot. That's that then, moving on to other things. .
  • great story with little time

the continuum is an amazing series but does not have any time they have to keep the viewers interested save the story from butchering and say the story to its fullest with this complex story and only 10 to 13 episodes come on what can survive that but let me say this continuum have to survive because there is not much good science fiction with a long story this complex and wonderful in tv now days and did i said its amazing

• LOVE this show!

One of the best shows on TV. Love it! So glad that shows like this one are created and available on Netflix.
  • Can't wait for next season!

We just discovered this series and are look forward to seeing where they go with season 3. Could be good, but could be great! Wish they would quit having her cry so much, give Carlos more lens time. Yes, there are holes in the plot, but it's good, interesting fun anyway! Good crew! Lots of possibilities here. Big corporations vs. big government? -Both equally bad, but it will be very interesting to see how this plays out. Might give all of us a better understanding about which way we really want to go.
  • Rocked me from inside!!

The story is not only about the time travel but It is a indication of how future will become more and more controlled by corporations that are controlling today individual privacy. The corporations, who are distributing day to day life technologies and playing with the social engineering of human life, are only creating back door in those technologes for using human as a tool for collection of so many information and market in product world. It is seemed to be right at some instant we will become addicted and dependent on those technogies who are great for our life and improve this too. But, these will be the main source of exploiting these technology as their own benefit. And the black box of technology that has some backdoor, we will not able to modify. This is the social engineering --playing with our mind. That is we!!
  • Wasted potential

Being a sucker for time travel stories and a huge fan of shows like Fringe and Dr. Who, I gave Continuum an excited try. Unfortunately, what is a pretty interesting story at the core is wasted on moments of cringeworthy dialogue exchanges, huge plot holes, personality traits changing to suit the story's flow, threads swept under the rug and multiple deus ex machinas (Kiera's suit and implants combined with Alec's mad hax0r skills and technology at disposal).

I really wanted to give this show a chance as there's good potential, yet all of the aforementioned has made me adamant about passing on season 3. That, and the Matthew Kellog character - he is just unbearable.

And somebody could finally come up with something new instead of the usual, over-boring and corporate-driven dystopian future (although the CGI here is executed really well).
  • good song

Good song "Continuum. Review :
  • About End

its cool
  • Corporations

I love this show, but after reading all the reviews there seems to be a common thread. Who do you root for Liber8 who is trying to protect our rights albeit by ruthless tactics or Kiera who is trying to protect the future and get herself home? But I feel we are all missing the bigger picture which is the Corporate Congress of the future which controls everything. I think we can see that this is already well under way in America and I am sure Canada and other countries also. They control the Congress and the Senate of both parties even if we don't want to admit it. we are seeing the start now of what are own reality will bee in are kids futures, scary to think about!
  • SYFY #1 show

I heard of the show last year bought the DVD set and happy US SYFY is airing the show . Rachel Nichols on of my favorites .