Continuum

Second Chances

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Apr 21, 2013 on Syfy

• Cryptic but entertaining!

To be watching Season 2 is a great feeling as I absolutely loved Season 1! This episode however, provided more questions than answers. Is that a good thing? Time will tell. There were a lot of cryptic moments in the episode which were slightly confusing, but the overall story arc with Liber8 taking down the mayor and working with Carlos's friend was certainly unexpected and intriguing!

I wonder where we will go to next with the storyline? I'm hpoing for some things to be answered soon because it si quite suspenseful!
  • Caught it late but very good start to season 2

I unknowingly missed the start of season 2 on SyFy due to being out of town and just caught it this afternoon. Of course it started immediately after the Liber8 bombing with Kiera out on her own and Vancouver police politics going full bore, especially after the shooting of the mayor. There was quite a bit of back story too to give us more information on Kiera's background as well as Alec's background and future. The primary story line was quite interesting as well playing out how Liber8 was setting up a crime syndicate to take the blame for the mayor's assassination. All int all an involved story line that moved along quickly while continuing the overall story line.
  • what happened?

After a great season I was really looking forward to season 2 but I have to admit that season 2 was very disapointing so far. So I really hope the show gets back on track soon because there are not many sci fi shows left worth watching except Orphan Black of course :)
  • Muito bom!!

Looco demaiss!!!!

Muito bom!!

• Unmotivated Changes

I do like this show and I did enjoy watching this new episode....

Somehow this episode seemed to be about establishing the new way of things. I am ok with Travis getting shot and send to prison. I am ok with Agent Gardner freaking out about seeing Cameron survive the building collapse and looking into her. I am ok with Liber8 getting themselves a Major. I am ok with Alec freaking out about reading the message from himself and beeing unsure of how to proceed with that knowledge.

BUT:

What I don't understand is Camerons motivations. End of S01 she dissapears with Kellog because of beeing sent back by Alec and all that. But what makes her come back sort of cold and acting badass outside the police? It seems like something more must have happend. Can't just have been the building collapsing on her.

Still, I guess I am giving it time to see how it develops. Overall I do enjoy this show :)
  • Losing the plot

2.5
    A confused mess. This had improved considerably to the end of season one but this is just awful.
  • Installing Downgrade

I like the start and the end, but not the rest. Alec seems more than me than a super geek. Keira doesn't care anything since sleep with K and the show now is another regular cop show. The budget feels a little cheap now. And the Sci-fi almost gone. Waiting ep 2.
  • A re-entry episode

It was kind of difficult to get back in the show because I had kind of forgotten all that was going on and I am not sure the writing really helped recovering my memory.

Let's see what will come up in episode 2.
  • Season 1 was better :-(

Looks like SyFy got ahold of this. The opening episode of season 2 lacked the punch of episode 1, season 1 :-(

Since when did terrorists become fashion-forward? To much emphasis on hair color, hair mousse, hair gel, makeup, wardrobe and accessorizing -- not enough emphasis on a tightly written plot.

While it's clear after the season 1 finale that Alex can't work secretly in the attic of the barn, they could've come up with something better.

I'm thinking things would've been better if SyFy weren't involved, they have reverse-midas-touch. With luck, it was just a bad first episode, as I very much enjoyed season 1 ;-)
  • A good beginning

I think this show gives what people have been asking for: Kiera to work outside of the constraints of working with the VPD. The exchange between Kellog and Kiera was fun. Kellog always working it unabashedly. I'm glad that Alec acknowledged he was being a jerk to his mother-- I couldn't believe how quickly he dismissed her. Although her concern for living like 'this' was a TV 'this' (as in bad) cause, it looked like a pretty cool place :).

The assassination of the mayor- aftermath was the weakest part of the episode. The police station did not have the buzz that I'd expect to happen if that event occurred. They seemed to take it as 'Darn, we lost another mayor, well you lose some win some'. Loved the special effects of Keira reconstructing the crime scene. The mayor being shot was.. um.. gruesome.

All through the show I was thinking "what was the message Alec left for himself?". I thought I had missed something from the last year season finale. Nope, it was revealed. Very, very cryptic.

Good to see so many of my favourite actors from BSG, X-files in the show.

Looking forward to more!