Continuum

Second Degree

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jun 09, 2013 on Syfy

• The trial(s) of Julian Randol

As someone who really only started watching the show during the second season the trial of Julian probably does't mean as much to me as it does to those who have been watching since the beginning. That said, I like the juxtaposition the episode uses for Julian's current sentencing and that of his future self (even if the outcome if this trial was way too easy to predict).

The episode tells us definitely who Emily is working for and forces Alec into an uncomfortable position as his mother's perjury on the stand forces him to decide between telling the truth (and betraying his family) or backing up her lies to help Julian go free.

I am interested to see how the B-story, Kiera working with Gardiner, which is introduced but forgotten for most of the episode, finally plays out when next week's episode picks up the story of the body snatching of time travelers

You can find my full recap and review (with pics and video) at RazorFine
  • It gets more intriguing

I just finished watching this episode tonight on SyFy. This show has become a favorite of mine and just keeps pulling me along. While this is scifi and integrates that into the story well, it is also mostly a cop show. Of course with Kiera being a future cop she has all kinds of technical capabilities that are unheard of today which makes the show that much more enjoyable to techno geeks. Tonight we saw Carlos now believing her story about being from the future and once he understands that making good use of the capabilities she has. We also saw the personal interaction between Liber8 and the political system as well as individuals in the story line. There were more references to Escher and quite a bit of skull skulduggery goings on. All in all a good continuation of the overall story arc while building on all the interpersonal relationships and conflicts.
  • Looks increasingly likely that the future is changing!

This episode featured some major events that seem to suggest more and more that things in the future are changing and Liber8 might actually be winning.

The episode revolved around Julian's trial, with some similar scenes from 2077 interspersed throughout.

We had interesting events including potential jury tampering and Liber8's plan was simply superb.

Meanwhile things are getting interesting between Travis and the mayor!

Everything is coming together so well! Cna't wait for more!