Continuum

Second Truths

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jun 02, 2013 on Syfy

• The truth revealed

While tracking down a serial killer Kiera is forced to divulge information she can't possibly know in order to stop the man's body count from continuing to grow exponentially like it did in Kiera's timeline. This leads to a confrontation between Carlos and Kiera and forces the time cop to admit the truth about who she is.

This episode also gives us an appearance by the mysterious Mr. Escher who steals a scientist from Kellogg and offers Kiera an offer of friendship as well (but no real answers about his real motives).

Eventually Kiera gets in over her head but when all her deductions turn out to be right Carlos is able to save his partner and eventually agree to sit down and listen to her full story. After a couple of emotional episodes the inevitable reveal to Carlos doesn't have quite the same punch, but the episode works well enough and certainly continues this season's theme of shaking up the status quo.

You can find my full recap and review (with pics and video) at RazorFine
  • Major developments!

Absolutely huge revelations in tonight's episode. I dont want to give too much away but everything that happened with Keira and Carlos was so intense and so amazing. Things that I didn't expect started occurring and i was left wide-eyed and absolutely stunned!

The story took major steps forward and so many things happened in this one episode.

On the other hand, Liber8 has been missing for a couple of episodes now and I am very curious to see what they are up to as well, so I'm hoping for some great developments there, especially now that Carlos kn0ows a bit more about who they are!

Cannot wait for next week! Sorry but this is like the best show ever! Can't wait for more!
  • sugarsks

Was this show out of order? I thought Carlos knew everything but in this show is out of it.
  • Massive revelation; Continuum just became better than perfect :D

BOOM! Everything I've been waiting for has happened. In these past two episodes we've seen Liber8 put on the sidelines while the Kiera storyline moves forward.

I love the timing of this revelatory episode - just as I was getting a bit tired of the procedural cop-stories and all the crying, the writers surprise us with this! Following all the buildup of suspicions, Kiera finally reveals herself to Carlos. I'm curious to see how far this goes; will Kiera tell everyone at the VPD? How will Carlos treat her? Will Carlos be introduced to Alec/Kellogg etc?

I'm also a little surprised at how Kellogg handled the Emily situation she did turn out to be mole, but he was a little pissed off because Escher intercepted his business deal and that could spark some important tension between him and Alec.

So many doors have been opened, so much tension has been relieved, and yet there are still so many possibilities. I don't know how long the Liber8 fight can last, I'm not convinced by it if it does ever end, there is just so much else which can happen!
  • At last it happened

I've been wondering how long it would take for that to happen. don't want to spoil it but you who've watched it know what i mean