Conviction

Denial

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Mar 10, 2006 on NBC

• Conviction!

ADA Potter is hazed into the office when his collegues trick him into putting on a dress. ADA Rossi tries to get a rape victim to testify against her attacker. ADA Peluso deals with a hate crime. Deputy Steele deals with the brutal attack on a young man.

Second episode in the series. There is more character development in this episode. By the end of it you get a good grip on who they characters are. I still wish that there was more for the viewer to see. I think that if we saw some more of who the characters are outside of their jobs, it would have made the series more interesting. It would have given the viewers something to relate to.
  • An interesting change from standard courtroom fare.

Many people complain because in real life most cases are settled out of court, but on TV we see trial after trial. This episode shows several examples of trials that should have been settled with deals. A boy goes to prison for a long time because his father is too proud and insists on a trial, thinking his son will get off. Another man is convicted of a hate crime for beating up a gay man, when he is gay himself, but won't admit it.

The young prosecutors make mistakes, and they learn. It would have been nice to see were they were by season two or three, but we'll never know.
  • Found out who played Quinn the gay hustler: name is Alex Kaluzhsky. Pretty sure that\'s the right spelling. He was great!!! Hopefully we\'ll see more of him.

The show itself was pretty good. The hustler guy was really good and evil. Stephanie march is beautiful as always. They seem to be trying a little too hard to make us like all the main characters. But I guess that\'s to be expected.
  • Loved this episode!

Okay... Here's what I thought of "Denial"

It was better than the pilot. I like how they are making Nick the funny guy. The beggining was halarious when he walked out in the dress and then walked back in laughing at himself. I love the theme song. Also, this episode seemed less confusing, probably because I knew all the characters. The situation that Christina was in was really funny. The situation Brian was in was not. I was so annoyed with the guy that kept telling him to give him money. I know Brian probably didn't have much of a choice, but I really don't think he should have beat him up. How hypocritical was that? He was prosecuting someone for assault and then he goes and assaults someone. That sorta pissed me off. Anway.... Jim & Jessica... Does anyone think maybe Jessica is falling for him? She cancelled her date with that guy and then went and got it on with Jim... Hmm..... Also Christina and Brian seem to be falling for eachother. I was like WoAh! When he said she had the best body. I was like... um is anyone else listening? They were sitting right next to nick and desmund...Oh, and Alex in this epi!! She was great... I wrote out my favorite line:

"Jim: No, don’t worry, Ill get us a Conviction.

Alex: That is not what I'm saying.

Jim: Course it is. That’s why you wouldn’t let me take this to juvi right? Because some day you want to talk about what a hard ass prosecutor you were, how you has to make the tough decisions, how you gave no---

Alex: It’s office policy.

Jim: Subject to the bureau chiefs discretion.

Alex: He killed his brother. With a bat. What should we do? Throw him a parade?

Jim: Do you actually believe what you say or do you just like hearing yourself say it?

Alex: Both. That’s why I'm the boss."

Love it!
  • Amazing show! I've got a question, though.

Who played Quinn or however you spell it, the gay hustler? I've been looking all over the Internet but can't find a name anywhere.

Other than that, amazing show. You get to see Steele going against his better instincts for Cabot's desire for a hard prosecution for the bullied, scrawny 14-year-old. Finn's love life takes a downturn as a blind date desired a bustier partner. Potter's foot winds up in his mouth as his coworkers trick him into acting like a fool at his first arraignment. Peluso prosecutes a closeted up-and-coming basketball player who was being hustled by a gay kid to keep his secret. I can't wait to see what the rest of the season has in store!
  • Excellent show! I'm hooked... The song at the end of the second episode is "Soul Food" by Martina Topley-Bird. But it's the "Charles Webster's slo mix", not the original. Can anyone tell me where to find it... Appreciate it!

Excellent show! I'm hooked...

The song at the end of the second episode is "Soul Food" by Martina Topley-Bird. But it's the "Charles Webster's slo mix", not the original. Can anyone tell me where to find it, I've been looking for it everwhere but can't seem to find it... Appreciate it!

Cheers.
  • Show about DAs, but mostly about their personal lives. By the way, the song you\'re looking for is Destiny by Syntax. Hope that helps! Now if you guys know any of the other songs, that would help!

It\'s good. I was thinking the whole time that since shows like Law & Order don\'t include anything really sexual (which makes the ratings go up), Conviction is filling this gap. But still its good.

• Does anyone know the song played at the beginning of the episode? It was a male singer and had to with \\\"Destiny\\\" another site listed some songs, but when I checked them out on itunes they weren\\\'t the songs....I have to have that song!!!

it was good...but I was focused on finding out who the group was that sang the song about destiny. I really wish that when TV shows played music that they\\\'d list somewhere who the song artists are!! Does anyone know the song played at the beginning of the episode? It was a male singer and had to with \\\"Destiny\\\" another site listed some songs, but when I checked them out on itunes they weren\\\'t the songs....I have to have that song!!!
  • Great show! I\'m already hooked after two episodes. HOWEVER... I\'ve gotta have the song featured at the end of this episode but can\'t find it anywhere (nor is it listed in credits). anyone??? thanks!

very well written. it\'s got a gritty, real feeling to it. even though almost all the characters in this show are much better than average looking, ya do empathize with their trials (life and literal).

thanks!