Copper Forums

BBC America (ended 2013)

Are you looking forward to this?

the_ricksta

[1]Aug 13, 2012
    • level: 4

The BBC has a history of excellent British period dramas and very gritty and compelling crime mini-series.

It's with bated breath that I anticipate this series. The crossover into 1860's New York is exciting yet, at the same time, I'm nervous. Can they pull it off? I have no doubt it will be authentic; scenes and language researched perfectly- but will they capture the essence and still deliver a captivating drama? I sincerely hope so. I've so longed for the US to experience the subtle brilliance of our home grown drama and am so far disappointed with what BBC America has chosen to air. Fingers crossed here for this original drama that we haven't even seen yet.

So, what are your thoughts?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

onestrangebird

[2]Aug 19, 2012
    • level: 2

I'm on pins and needles! What are some of your other favorites? "Hell On Wheels" is pretty good.

Edited on 08/19/2012 10:03am

zap_niles

[3]Aug 21, 2012
    • level: 6
    LOVED IT! The historical accuracy was breathtaking. I think they achieved their goal....making a gripping drama with the 1864 setting/atmosphere being just eerily perfect and refreshingly different from other shows past and present. I'm also thankful they allowed plenty of cliffhangers, and I pray they continue to do this. I can't wait for the next episode.

piet8724

[4]Sep 19, 2012
    • level: 10
    very good, i like it very much. For the accuracy i don't know.

boom-moo

[5]Oct 2, 2012
    • level: 75
    the_ricksta wrote:
    The BBC has a history of excellent British period dramas and very gritty and compelling crime mini-series. It's with bated breath that I anticipate this series. The crossover into 1860's New York is exciting yet, at the same time, I'm nervous. Can they pull it off?
    I was exactly the same. The BBC is great at producing British literature classics and I absolutely love its period pieces but I thought that the 1860's New York might not be their thing at all so I had my reservations that they could do a great job out of it. I'm very happy to realize that I was wrong and that the quality is the same they can totally pride themselves of

zap_niles wrote:
    I think they achieved their goal....making a gripping drama with the 1864 setting/atmosphere being just eerily perfect and refreshingly different from other shows past and present.
    Absolutely!

Yaspaa

[6]Oct 31, 2012
    • level: 79
    Great to see it coming back for another season.