Copper Forums

BBC America (ended 2013)

Official Episode Discussion: Arsenic and Old Cake 1x06

TesserT

[1]Sep 19, 2012
    • level: 81
    Please use this thread to discuss episode Arsenic and Old Cake (Sep 23). Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ndrose

[2]Sep 24, 2012
    • level: 7
    So the murder case was entertaining but I didn't understand why Elizabeth would lie to Corky. It seems like contrived angst when all she had to do was tell Corky she made a mistake and get him to fix it. I don't know how anyone had any time to cook or eat or work b/c everyone seemed to having sex non-stop.

mattgus

[3]Sep 30, 2012
    • level: 14
    if you are talking about the "mistake" of sending the child to her "husband"---i think she knew. she wanted her out..while she is or appears better than most. she is still selfish enough to throw this difficult ungrateful child to the dogs. she can blame the child rather than try to understand how misplaced and used she feels. .. i really love this series. i think it is one of the best on tv right now!

mattgus

[4]Sep 30, 2012
    • level: 14
    i just saw this ep again and i think you are right. she didn't know initially...but when she dicovered the awful mistake and what it meant for the child she not only did nothing,but concocted a story that he should have taken issue with,as he tried to find a good home for her b/4. again selfishness rains...the next ep which i am going to watch now will hopefully be about corky retriving her. lots of complications with elizabeth and all that$$$ and priv...