Copper Forums

BBC America (ended 2013)

Official Episode Discussion: Better Times Are Coming 1x08

TesserT

[1]Oct 7, 2012
    • level: 76
    Please use this thread to discuss episode Better Times Are Coming (Oct 7). Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mattgus

[2]Oct 8, 2012
    • level: 14
    another great episode for this series. i love the reality of the series,but tonite that seemed to be less than usual with the discovery of "ellen" in a home for the "insane" or whatever the term for the mentally ill was at that time...you would not expect it to be clean and so small etc...maybe this was a special home she was placed by his friend mcguire...either way what a change in the story. not something i was thinking about. everything about this series makes me want more..wish it was getting a 20+ ep per season like network series...

boom-moo

[3]Oct 8, 2012
    • level: 75
    But what kind of a friend keeps something that important secret? Why wouldn't McGuire tell Corky about Ellen? When he made the pawn shop man lie to Corcoran I thought he was doing it to spare him some pain as to why Ellen might have disposed of the coffret. But now this, him knowing about Ellen and not telling? I don't get it.

I expect the show to surprise me once again with the explanation.

amaryllis88

[4]Oct 13, 2012
    • level: 20
    I absolutely love this show! Been a fan since the first airing, glad to see familiar faces in these forums!! I don't understand why Maguire would feel it important enough to not telly Corky about the ledger, or the fact that he found his wife in the Earle House. The whole "Greek fire" storyline is interesting, and I find it interesting they'd call it as such, kind of reminds me of the stuff over on "Game of Thrones." I'm not sure where the writers are going with Annie's character, she's not headed towards a good-girl path, poor girl needs to be reformed or something, and wearing his wife's clothes at the end there, that's just too weird.

Still curious to know who killed McClean & Mary Lockwood, I was wondering if maybe the wife did it, in spite, they didn't infer that Maguire would've done it, right?