Cops Forums

Saturday 8:00 PM on Spike TVIn Season

Cops should come to Canada

cookiejr101

[1]Dec 29, 2007
    • level: 3
    In my opinion i think cops should come to Canadian City's. If your American you may say or think we don't have crime in Canada or what ever you want to say, but how would you know. We probobly have just as much crime in our citys as any American city (except California lol)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Marine420

[2]Dec 31, 2007
    • level: 2
    I'd agree, no reason to be biased against Canadians, or for you to be biased against us. Crime is everywhere, and it'll never stop.

cookiejr101

[3]Jan 12, 2008
    • level: 3
    Yes, but i think one of the problems would there would be a lot of legalitys concerning it coming to canada. As you know they have to sign papers before they can put the epsoade on tv so the people dont sue. so it would be complicated but possible

meatboys

[4]Feb 9, 2008
    • level: 20
    go ahead, americans don't care as long as the shows on air

Lokar

[5]May 1, 2008
    • level: 26
    I think that would be really good. I'd be happy to watch it.

Evil_Dead_Ash

[6]Jul 10, 2008
    • level: 9
    Actually, Canada kind of has our own version of COPS. The show is called To Serve and Protect and it follows police officers in some major Canadian cities (I definitely remember Edmonton and Toronto). Most of the crimes are rather bland compared to what's on COPS; but once in a while, there's some action.

sounddude

[8]Sep 25, 2009
    • level: 68
    COPS has gone into other countries before. A fact most viewers aren't aware of is that the show has to be invited into an area before it can ride in that city. A law enforcement agency, after getting permission from city attorneys, mayors, sheriffs, chiefs, and anyone else that may have a say in it, has to write a formal invitation inviting the show to come ride with it's officers. When that is received, a producer is sent to do some pre-production ride-alongs to see if that area has enough action to support the show coming there.

You may think that's funny but I've ridden with the show in several areas where nothing was happening and we had to pull out early because of the waste of time and resources. But the invitation must come first. Then there are all kind of legal documents to be signed, a contract between the show and the city or county, housing must be secured, rental cars, a production office must be set up, notices to Fire Departments, Hospitals, etc., it quite a lot of work just setting up. And then plane tickets for one to eight two person crews.

I imagine there are extra legalities too with citizenship, insurance liabilities, the legalities of photo releases in Canada and how that translates to U.S. law, etc.

So it may be so much to deal with that they've decided not to try. I can try to find out for you from my former bosses with the show if you want.

uberito

[9]Oct 22, 2011
    • level: 10
    COPS has been in many other countries all over the world.

As a matter of fact, certain Canadian cities have more crime then American cities in certain regards. Saskatoon, Regina, Winnipeg, Victoria, Prince George to name a few.