Cops Forums

Saturday 8:00 PM on Spike TVIn Season

Pizza Guy?

theory028

[1]Apr 29, 2009
    • level: 1

A friend of mine was telling me about an episode of Cops he saw and it sounded hilarious. He described it as a cop chasing a guy on the side of the road. A pizza delivery guy pulled in front of the running guy and stopped him. The pizza delivery guy then peeled off and started speeding off in the other direction.

I would really like to see it. Does anyone know what episode it was in?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LurkerPatrol

[2]May 24, 2009
    • level: 3
    That sounds amazingly hilarious. I too would love to see it. I'll try to google search it and see if any results come up. Will let you know if I find anything.

skaizun

[3]Sep 12, 2009
    • level: 20

It wasn't COPS; most episodes of COPS are three 7-minute chapters, if you will, while the "pizza chase" scene took less than 2 minutes. It was an episode on one or more of those police pursuit/chase shows currently on Spike and/or TruTV (nee Court TV).

FWIW, I did not find the pizza chase "hilarious" in any way, shape, or form, as it was potentially dangerous for all involved (i.e., what if the pizza guy accidentally (or purposely) hit the perp or, worse, the cop? what if it had turned out that the "perp" was actually an undercover cop running away to make it "look" good to watching drug dealers or similar? That's why cops don't like it when people get involved in such a way; that it had a good result is not the issue). Perhaps one needs to be drunk when watching it (just don't drive, afterwards, or you'll be the one being chased by the pizza guy on the next COPS episode!)

Coincidentally, COPS' new season starts tonight: Sept 12, 2009!

Edited on 09/13/2009 12:33am
    Edited 7 total times.

neo979

[4]Feb 20, 2012
    • level: 6
    This clip has been recycled to a variety of places.

Go to
    http://www.footage.net/SearchResultsArchive.aspx?RequestID=835735
    scroll down to "Pizza Guy Delivers Help to Cop" and click on the button that looks like a camera.

My understanding of how it works is that clips like these are originally purchased by large archival firms (especially one called RC Raycraft). Then shows like World's Wildest Police Videos and a variety of others license the clips and add a bunch of sarcastic voiceover comments plus some crunches and boyoyoings and make it into a TV show. In some cases, the same clip may go to several TV shows.