Corner Gas

CTV (ended 2009)

Stig14

Corner Gas Fan Reviews (58)

• it's corner gas....

Love this show. It has good quirky writing and the casting is pretty good except for Brent. I know he created the show but his character is horrible. His character is almost like a referee, he just stands there while all the action happens around him and then adds the moral authority. Once again good show, but Brent's character adds nothing to it.
  • To be Canadian, or not to be Canadian. . . who wouldn't want to be Canadian? World's best hockey players, best scenery, best humour.

I'm from Saskatoon now living in Coquitlam, BC for the past few decades and go home whenever I can. I love Corner Gas, not only as it is situated in my home province of Saskatchewan, but it is one of the funniest shows going!

I am in hopes that Corner Gas will be re-visited as a new series (same cast) and I believe that Corner Gas warrants a full length motion picture: all original cast in it's original location.

I am positive Brent Butt could pull this off.

Canadian humour is the best humour and Mr. Butt is the epitome of such.

Thank you Mr. Butt.
  • Is It Too Much To Ask For Corner Gas--The Animated Series?

If the stars of Corner Gas are unwilling to do even a reunion show, can they, at the very least, lend their voices to a new animated cartoon that will be as funny and as witty as the original series was? Americans will need something to laugh at once The Simpsons eventually terminates production.
  • Not only the best CTV comedy show...

but the best canadian sitcom by far. I always end up laughing whenever I watch it. the characters are funny and interesting, the jokes are well timed and actually humorous, and the writing is gold. I have all 6 seasons on DVD, and totally reconmend it.
  • The worst show ever!!!!!!!

0.2
    This show was a complete waste of my life. I will never watch it again. I can barely stand the commercials for it when they come up i swtch channels. I dont know how anybody can watch this show. It is so lame. I think that the only people that watch this show are people who have nothing else to do or like to laugh at stupid shows wondering how people actualy watch this and why it's still on tv. The people who gave this show 10.0 are crazy they must live in a place where there is only one channel and all the other shows on that channel are crappy and thats the only amusement they can get.
  • Seinfeld meets Mayberry...what more do you need to know? Canadian TV at its very best!

This show is definitive of Canadian life--and more specifically, of rural Saskatchewan, just as "King of the Hill" is to life in Texas; "South Park" to the Rocky Mountains; "Kate & Allie" to New York City; and "The Simpsons" to all of America. "Corner Gas" is unique in that it is able to employ three different plots in the same episode and pull it off magnificently--something that is evident in the later shows. I wish this show were still on WGN America in reruns and that Brent Butt and company were still making this instead of going their separate ways. In God's perfect world, there would be a Corner Gas, Season 99--Brent would still be in his 40s; Oscar would be as old and cranky as ever; Karen, Lacey and Wanda would still be pretty; and Hank would remain a meandering slacker...
  • Nice, Gentle Humor

Simple plots and characters. Easy to watch and worth getting to know the characters. A good show for those who don't mind watching random episodes and those who want the flow of a continuing series. As a Canadian show, a few references may not be obvious to non-Canadians. Like most popular comedies, it has enough in-jokes and character quotes to keep the show fondly in memory.
    Unlike a lot of shows, Corner Gas didn't change out characters and try to introduce complex plots to increase ratings. As expected, it developed a large following and will hopefully remain a reminder of the fabulous comedy that Canada has to offer.
    In case there's any confusion, I highly recommend this show to anyone looking for some light entertainment and some clever comedy.
  • Best show ever.

This has to be one of the best shows in the whole world and it only aired for six seasons but became so famous it aired in a hoilday event for a few days and still to this day airs on television. Some of the cast got starring roles in shows such as Hiccups and Dan for mayor but those shows will never be as good as Corner gas was and it will be missed by many fans across the globe. Now we can only hope that the memory of Corner gas never dies and that the show will stay on the air for years to come.
  • Bring more Corner gas to my Tv!

I can't say enough good things about Corner Gas. If you love comedy with a dry sense of humor then this is a show for you. I wish that it was played more in the US. I have a dream that Corner Gas is on NBC or CBS comedy night and I gotta say that it would defiantly fit right in to the lineup. The more you watch an episode the better it gets. I think Brent Butt is a comic genius. I think now that it ended in Canada that maybe the US would remake it and not ruin it.
  • A true classic.

Corner Gas is a classic. Plain and simple. The show takes place in the fictional small town of Dog River in Canada. It focuses on a group of people from the town. The owner of the only gas station in town, Corner Gas, is Brent Leroy, then there are his parents, Oscar and Emma Leroy. Oscar is an old fart who is always pissed and Emma is the strong, retired, older woman. then there is the new girl Lacy who owns the diner named The Ruby. Also in there is the towns police force of 2, Karen and Davis. And then there are Brent's 2 best friends from high school, Wanda, a legal minded woman who is the only one in Dog River who went to college and works for Brent at Corner Gas, and Hank, the slacker mechanic who is always hangin around. I most definately recommend this show.
  • I had to review this legend of a show before it ended.

Why does this show have to end? It's just too utterly awesome. I love it. Love with a capital L-O-V-E. Unfortunatly, similar to 99.99% of all comedies it's gone downhill. It seems both Season 5 and 6 (especially season 6) relises mostly on the characters doing wierd things, unlike the early seasons which relied more on sarcasm and random humor, which was hillarious. It's just gone downhill, but it's so utterly awesome I'd watch it for another 10 years. I mean, there's still a microscopic chance it'll come back. I'm living off faint hope but it's still possible. Let's just hope when the show ends, it'll be on a high note.
  • Great Canadian humor

Canadian Humor at its best. The show may not get many American watchers but will always be a classic Canadian show. The first time i went to Saskatchewan I found it to be so much different than what i was used to and i find that Corner Gas captures it perfectly. The shows Creator and star Brent Butt is a gas station owner who seems to be addicted to chili cheese dogs. His best friend Hank always hanging around him, even at work. And Lacy the new owner of the Ruby, next to Corner Gas. The Ruby and Corner Gas is the main setting for the show, having all the main characters coming in and out. This show may not be big in America, but if your are Canadian and like good comedies i suggest you give this a watch.
  • Some of the best humour ever to grace my television screen.

Corner Gas is, without a doubt, THE funniest show I have ever seen. It's one of the few Canadian shows (and yes, I am Canadian) that I can watch over and over. All the characters have their own style of humour: Brent's deadpan sarcasm, Lacey's efforts to fit in, Hank's pure stupidity, Oscar's senile personality, Emma's frustration at her husband, Davis's pride in himself while belittling Karen, Karen's annoyance with Davis and Hank, and last but not least, Wanda's enjoyable wit. The best part is that all the personalities bounce off of each other to create a show filled with humour.
    The show has declined a bit in Season 6, but it still has enough laughs to keep me watching.
    Bottom line, if you don't like the show, you're a "Jackass!"
  • Canadian TV is excellent

CTV has done it. Corner Gas is a Canadian show about the people of Dog River, Saskatchewan who just hang around the local and only petrol station and restaurant in town and do absoultly nothing- well that's according to SBS who air it here in Australia.
    Also I found this out: The surnames of all Dog River residents (with the exception of Fitzy Fitzgerald) are names of small towns in Saskatchewan, Canada. I like this show because it's like The Office. And like The Office, Corner Gas does not have this laughing track everytime a joke is told. Also the fact it's Canadian!
  • What a paradox!

A very sharp, witty, fast paced comedy about people and places who move at a snail's pace, both physically and intellectually!
    I'm not often a big fan of comedies lately, because often they are based on lowest-common-denominator humour and take zero talent and skill to write, produce or perform in. Or they have a cast full of characters with no redeeming qualities at all.
    But this little gem is able to pull of the small town, provincial mentality (which, being from a small town, I absolutely abhor!) and make it laughable via a bevy of characters you would just love to shake! It is truly a very, very smart show, and I am sad to see it go.
  • A Canadian Seinfeld, except even funnier.

Corner Gas, is about the misadventures of eight zany adults in the small Saskatchewan town of Dog River. Every time I turn this show, I know I'm in for a monstrous amount of laughs. The show largely revolves around dry humor (usuallt from the main character Brent) and I can say without any denial, it's unbeleviably funny. Hank also brings some stupid humor to the mix, and oh what a perfect example of stupid humor it is. Oscar is the classic crazy old man, and is probably my favorite character to ever hold that role. Dog River may be a small town, but it has a large amount of laughs.
  • The small town of Dog River, Saskatchewan is home to an eclectic group of people. The show focuses on Brent and the crazy antics of him and his friends.

I can't say enough good things about this show. Maybe I just love it because I'm Canadian, but honestly, even if I wasn't, I'd still find this show beyond hilarious. Each and every episode leaves me in stitches and my family has watched every season so many times that we can quote episodes. The characters are brilliantly funny. Oscar is a grouch and no one could help but wonder how Emma lives with him, but when it comes down to it, they're more alike than you'd think. Wanda is witty and yet still a Dog River resident at heart. She can be irrational with the best of them. Her and Brent together provide some of the funniest moments. Lacey is great as the big city girl getting used to the exponentially slower pace and trying to learn how to fit into the unfathomably crazy yet mundane life that these people lead. Local cops Davis and Karen are too funny. They take their job so seriously and yet do next to nothing. Hank is beyond lovable as a lazy good-for-nothing who could ponder for hours who would win a fight between Darth Vader and Captain Kirk. Brent is the heart and soul of the show. A cut above yet so much part of his hometown. All together they make up one of the greatest shows on television that is sadly coming to a close. It will always be one of my favorites.
  • Kind of like Seinfeld, a show basically about nothing. No great plot lines. Just great characters and the weird situations they get themselves into.

Corner Gas is a true guilty pleasure. Talking with my friends I find that my wife and I must be the only people who watch this show. We love it. The characters are wacky and off-the-wall. The writers have given each character great personality quirks. The small town feel of the show makes it very simple without making the characters embarrassing like the Dukes of Hazzard type shows often do. Perhaps it takes a warped sense of humor to really appreciate the humor of the show but once you "get it" you are hooked. This is a better show than nearly ALL of the situation comedy shows now being put out for American TV. Watch it….you'll like it!
  • WOW!!! I enjoy this show. A big surprise.

This was such a surprise. I was just going through the channels about 4 months ago and this was on. I am now hooked on this little show about a few people in a small town. I just wish towns were actually this much fun. If you have not seen this you must at least try it out. Do not give it just one show. Try a few. The caracters grow on ya. I am glad that I was not able to find another show that night. Thanks for a great show that is fresh and just what I needed. A show I try not to miss ever night it is on.
  • Annoying people, weird characters, funny plot.

in life we have the workers and the friends who annoy us at work. Pretty much relevant in this show where Brent and Wanda work at the local gas station-booming with business-and are annoyed by Hank. The friend who bothers Brent for money and never leaves the place. The gas station is connected to the restaurant where local/newbie Lacey works. One who Brent happens to have a crush on but will never mount to anything. That standard cliched high school crush, where you like a person but never say anything. Its just a bunch of people living life in an average town, limited with people.
  • I love this show! It's amazing!

Corner Gas is the only gas station for 60 kilometres in any direction (according to season one, episode one "Ruby Reborn" and season one, episode two "Tax Man"). Brent Leroy (Brent Butt) is the proprietor of the station and Wanda (Nancy Robertson) works at the station's convenience store as a retail assistant. An adjoining coffee shop (The Ruby) is owned by Lacey Burrows (Gabrielle Miller), who inherited it from her aunt. The series was created by Canadian comedian Brent Butt, who came up with the idea for the series after wondering what his life would be like if he had not pursued stand-up comedy (he would still be in a small town in Saskatchewan pumping gas). With the exception of the first season finale and second season premiere episodes, which are linked, most other Corner Gas episodes are stand-alone storylines that can be viewed in virtually any order, though occasional incidental references to previous episodes can be found, particularly in the second and subsequent seasons. It's a great show!
  • Brent Butt thought of it...need I say more.

This is one of my favourite shows! It doesn't run in any particular order, so if you miss 4 episodes in a row it wouldn't matter! This is probably the finest point about the show, it's unique one off storyline. The other interesting features are its memorable characters (Oscar is my favourite) and the fact that in every episode you learn useless information you can later dazzle your friends with. For instance Globiphobia... The only down side I would say is that, it lacks energy. You don't learn anything about the characters and its all very superfical. That's the only draw back.
  • Great show

This Show is on CTV and the Comedy network. The town they film this in is actually rolleau Saskatchewan. This is definitely one of Canada's best shows. This show takes place in a small Saskatchewan town Known as dog river. The characters are Brent Leroy (Brent Butt), Hank, Lacey, Oscar Leroy, Emma Leroy, and Wanda. Not to mention lots of guest characters including The Prime Minister. All the episodes are really funny, And they keep getting funnier. Me my self being from Saskatchewan Thinks this show is great. This is what my life is like living in Saskatchewan. I hope there are many more seasons.
  • This show just keeps me laughing! I'm from a small Iowa town that reminds me of this show. Please don't ever cancel it!!

LOVE THIS SHOW!! The characters keep me smiling. I would like to see Hank without his hat...and Wanda is a hoot! Will we ever meet her Demon child?
    I only wish more people I know watched this show. I highly recommend it to all of my friends. I come from a small Iowa town and I worked at the one cafe so I can totally relate to this show. I even worked at the one gas station too! The writers have totally hit the nail on this one. I just can't get enough. I just wish I didn't have to stay up so late to watch it on the WGN.
    Keep up the GREAT work!
  • Small town living with big time laughs.

From the get go, "Corner Gas" set itself apart from not only Canadian programming, but television programming in general. Created by and starring Brett Butt, this show provides you laughs by the second while giving you a glimpse into small town life. I do not mean just small-town Saskatchewan, but small town Canada, and dare I say, US. The characters are realistically and brilliantly portrayed by their actors, the dialogue is crisp, the story lines are clever, and the comedic timing is impeccable. What I appreciate most about this show is how clean it is. Most sitcoms since the late 80's/early 90's have a sexual innuendo component to them. In cases like Seinfeld and Friends, some episodes just seem to baste themselves in it. Not so with "Corner Gas". It is the cleanest comedy on television today, and I think that is part of its appeal. It more closely resembles what "real" life is like. When you can find humour in the world around you, then the world around becomes a brighter place indeed.
  • just funny. shows how great canadian tv is

this show is classic and hilarious. it is just the perfect comededy. it makes jokes on everday things. i was so surprised that they were succesful on doing that to. i really don't think it is that easy making fun of one everday thing for a whole entire time slot. all in all this show is just great. i think they should show it more. not just in canada. instead of just showing it in canada the should show it every where. world wide. i think everybody should be able to see this show. it is that great.
  • Corner Gas champions the essence of Canadian dry humor. Based in middle of nowhere Saskatchewan we find a colorful mix of quirky residents whose weekly antics keep those watching well entertained and laughing heartily.

Corner Gas is a true diamond in the rough. In the sea of televised violence and debauchery, Corner Gas brings out hilarious plots and wonderfully quirky characters without delving into the dark side. It is one of those few shows that you can be watching alone and still be laughing out loud.

With it's ever witty dialogs, pure Canadian dry humor, and a cast that brilliantly delivers, Corner Gas is a show worth giving a try.

For those of you willing to take the plunge into a great comedic T.V., you may catch back episodes and new ones at CTV (dot) ca.
  • This show is a funny portrayal of small town living in Saskatchewan.

This hilarious show is one of the good comedies now a days. Its non-stop laughs through each episode. Many past and present comedy brings in elements of life that are not funny therefore turning them into dramas. This show keeps out the family drama so we get a good comedy. Each actor that has a role in the show plays his/her character very well. You feel that you know each character like he/she was your best friend and you have to come back each week to see what is happening in their lives. This really portrays the small town living in Saskatchewan, Canada with a rather funny twist. There are many things about this show that are good and one can't list them all. But I recommend this show to anybody who has a great sense of humor. Hope you enjoy the show.
  • Absolutely, positively, the NUMBER 1 show on TV today!

What can I say? I'm a sucker for comedies. And in a time when comedies are getting to be absolute trash (ie. How I Met Your Mother, Rules Of Engagement), this show comes as a stunning lifesaver. No other comedy show I have seen does what this show does. What does it do? Makes you laugh without using profanity or being really nasty in any way (don't get me wrong, the occasional dirty joke pops in here and there), but it's refreshing to see that TV can still be pleasing without swearing all the time. This show definately has a huge future as it starts airing in the US soon, so if you havn;t had your fill of the wackiest characters and funniest storyline on TV right now, you're in luck! It will be around for you to enjoy for a long time, especially if I have anything to do with it! :)
  • Funny without being mean or dirty -- in other words, a miracle of modern TV.

First of all, I'm not Canadian, never have been, and am not even much of a fan of Canada in general. That being said, this show is funny, even to this non- (and possibly even semi-anti-) Canadian. If there are any jokes that require an in-depth knowledge of Canada to appreciate, there are more than enough that don't.

I've read comparisons between this show and Seinfeld -- sure, if Seinfeld was set in rural western Canada instead of the Rotten Apple, and if the characters in Seinfeld were actually nice people. While both shows are very funny, Corner Gas is also comforting.

Perhaps a better comparison would be with Newhart or Green Acres, two of my all-time favorite shows. Having seen only about half a dozen episodes so far, it's a little soon to tell for sure, but there's a good chance it could rank up there with these shows, all the more impressive considering the drastically lower standards in place now compared to when those shows were made. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there are no "very special episodes" lurking around the corner.
< 1 2