Coronation Street Forums

Tuesday 7:30 PM on ITVIn Season

Coronation Street Guide

TheOldBill

[1]Oct 13, 2010
    • level: 94

I've become the new editor of the Coronation Street guide following the sacking of the last one.

The first editor of this guide did a lot of fabulous work, but quit after a disagreement with staff over whether it was acceptable to copy and paste synopses from other sites. (Dear reader: it is not!) The last editor of this guide mis-used his or her trusted status to gain the editorship by adding hundreds of episode guides, all copied and pasted from other sites.

As the guide to an ongoing drama series, this guide needs a lot of submissions to stay in shape. All contributions are gratefully received... except content copied and pasted from other sites.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tvamerica67

[2]Jan 4, 2011
    • level: 1

HELP!!! Why are the summaries 4(!!!!!) months old. The old editor was better than whoever is doing it now, which would appear to be no one.

How aggravating. Cut and pasted synposes are certainly better than none at all. The old ones were great, a blow by blow of each show. The Corrie Street website doesn't do a good synopsis job either, having put most of the episodes on video replay, not accessible to those of us in the USA. I keep hoping we have moved on from the same Sept summary about Sophie and sean and Kevin's reaction, but NOOOOOOO.

Please, either do the job or abandon the whole thing. Be interesting to see if anybody has an answer to this message.

rickyn2

[3]Jan 4, 2011
    • level: 22

It's a shame....I only just noticed ithad stopped. I was going to start adding new ones, but with such a big gap it doesn't seem worth it.

Momsternator

[4]Jan 24, 2011
    • level: 5
    Oh, do please! It's worth it! It's worth it! ..imho.

leesha_27

[5]Feb 22, 2011
    • level: 17
    I would visit this page so much more if the episode guides were up-to-date. I love a bit of Corrie, and I have all the tv synopses I need on this site so its a shame I have to search other sites to find out whats going on in Corrie :/

oobaka67

[6]Feb 28, 2011
    • level: 3

W

Wouldn't it be better to have copied/pasted summaries than no summaries at all?

At least that way, people would actually come here for summaries. instead of

searching the net for them which is what I've been doing for the past 5-6 months.

NiallB31

[7]Oct 15, 2011
    • level: 8

I have TV guides from the last two years still laying around. I could add the episode summeries in my own words for the last year now by the looks of it.

If you want I can add episode summaries for the show missing but Iwon't add cast, writers only summeries, if anyne wants me to???

rickyn2

[8]Nov 30, 2011
    • level: 22

That would be great, thanks. I am going to start adding new eps soon, tho it might be after Christmas now. I have six month worth of the show backedup on my HDD!

Thanks

Richard

Edited on 11/30/2011 5:05am

diorryan

[9]May 11, 2012

Hi to the new editer the old bill, I admire his honesty in his artical in last weeks press well am almost sure it was him, that said he thougt Ryan Dior ghost writer of Coranation street hewas riverted d he never new what a great actor he is, Ryan has now retiered but is stil very much

involed with TV and scrip writeing overseeing drafts, he now spends a lot of his time working wit

diorryan

[10]May 11, 2012
    Hi again my last comment was not readable the pc went a bit awol, I was saying that he thought Ryan Dior T.V.Script writer was just that, The Press release last month, a ghost writer and had no idea he acted too, Ryan Dior has for many years shuned the lime light and followed his pashion for writeing short and very funny plays ,TV sit com's all in a ghost capasity, as he has done for many year's, he spend's a lot of his time now working with all the charietys he helps along with spending time with his friends and family, He has been a close friend of Bruce Jones AKA Lez Battersby( Coanation Street) for many years and made a couple of films together recently, and is now writeing a sit com about a Police station in the Irish middlands called " The Hill Top Gardies" and hope's to cast it very soon, Ryan has some health isues but still mannages to smile every morning and help chear up a sad face, as he makes his rounds of care homes and other chariety organisations, he is always willing to help a well diserved chariety get off the ground, so if you think he can help with awaerness of your apeal then contact me his P.A. Teresa Gilmor at
    diorryan@yahoo.co.uk outlineing why you need publicity and all about your chariety,
    and I will endevour to put your details to Ryan, You must be registured or in the process of doing so as Ryan will not entertain none registered appealls.
    Teresa Gilmore
    Ryan Dior Writer/actor's
    P.A.

PS Sorry about spelling It really is the key board