Coronation Street

Tuesday 7:30 PM on ITV Premiered Dec 09, 1960 In Season

SrRui

Coronation Street Fan Reviews (153)

6.7
  • Dismal story lines!

What's happening to Corrie? Gave up watching Eastenders a few years ago because of the depressing story lines and child actors taking over but have always loved Corrie because of the light hearted nature of the program and good acting from adults. I find myself recording episodes now and only watching them when I am desperate for something to watch. Producers, please, please, please stop putting pathetic story lines with so called child actors into the show, get some realism back with police procedures ect. and PLEASE listen to genuine fans of the show and get it back on track.
  • Give up watching thanks to Rosie webster

I no longer watch it thanks to it being More like hollyoaks Rosie Webster well what can I say can't act to save her life. Why oh why would they ever bring her mistake I can't stand to watch it now I think its gone stupid and very its been totally ruined I used to love coronation street really looked forward to watching it not bad bad
  • Script writers lost the plot

I've watched the Street from the very first episode. It has never had very good actors but you watched it because it was light hearted and fun. Now it is all aggression, scheming and plotting and violence. The writers wring every last line out of a plot to the point of total boredom, in particular Phelan. The producers keep bringing back in actors that have left and that were totally useless first time round. Rosie's performance is the worst acting I have ever seen, she is a disaster. Get some new script writers because I can't see the Street picking up any awards this year apart from worst British soap ever!
  • Bad story lines

My partner and I enjoy Coronation Street it is the only soap which we watch, but the story lines are badly written and totally unrealistic. Do the writers think that the viewers fail to notice that at present Phelan has killed someone and there is no investigation - so annoying, plus they found a dead body underneath Gail's new bedroom, there was no police search, maybe the police do not find it that important, but we do! It is terribly irritating when something drastic happens and they fail to follow it up and just forget about it - they just move on to something else. Nothing stacks up a child could do better..
  • Can it get Worse

Having been a loyal Corrie Fan all my life. The story lines are at their worst. Am I missing something, but didn't Cara buy a share of the pub at the time Tracy and Tony were up to no good. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong, also Tracy was given a house by her Grandmother ( the one next Phelan story line is pathetic, and to make matter worse they bring back Helen Flanagan , who couldn't act the 1st time round. Thanks for the ability to record and fast forward her scenes.
  • Embarrassing Viewing

2.5
    I'm 44 and like most of my generation Coronation Street has been a staple of our household TV a long and stressful day, coming home to sit with the family to watch the street is what our family have done since I was a kid. I don't know what's happened here but the viewing experience is some what embarrassing. It's without doubt TV at its worst...

Storylines and NOW the acting is just cringing to watch...

My dissapointmet has run to deleting this series link off my sky box and I've deleted my web link to gossip on the street

RIP Corrie.......
  • A comedy show!

This show is getting out of all proportion. Where is the body Phelan dealt with?? the story lines are rubbish, and the whole show is fourth rate. GET BACH TO REALITY
  • Scripts are unbelievable

What's happening to coronation street? Just watched Mondays episode and the storylines are ridiculous!!!! Please hire new scriptwriters immediately and producers and directors.... Seriously or I think it might be time to ditch the soap I've watched and loved for 20 years!!!!!
  • What's happened to the writing?

What has happened to Coronation Street? I have been a fan for most of my life, but in the last couple of months the humour has gone & the storylines have become ridiculously over dramatic and unbelievable - I think I'm done with it....
  • Lost its charm and become as depressing as Eastenders!

I have loved Corrie for years. I watch it for the characters and the humour. This it what made it stand out from the other soaps. Recently though, it has gone downhill very quickly with ridiculous Eastenders style story lines and completely changing characters. My friends have stopped watching and I will probably look elsewhere now for a bit of escapism. Such a shame!
  • OH come on !

My deceased aunt got me hooked on Coronation St about 20 yrs. ago. I just loved that show so much everybody knew not to call me when I was watching it !

I don't understand what is going on with the show.... the scripts are CRAP !!!! Fed up of police, murder, manipulation, lies, deceit, change of characters..... & where is everybody's sense of humour gone ?

Please change writers & get back to what Corrie St was you're about to lose another faithful listener ( my girlfriend has stopped watching because she can't stand the show anymore)
  • Queer st.

Absolutely fed up with the ridiculous story lines and all the homosexual PLEASE get rid of Anthony really does turn my guts actor EVER.
  • Common sense leaves the building

So having invested around 65k from Jason's inheritance, his mothers takes it upon herself to spend 30k on tiles and we are expected to be convinced? Given the size of the development based on the model and the live shots of the building, both Jason's proxy investment and Eileen's profligacy are simply unbelievable. Even more ridiculous is the idea that the proposed purchasers from Sarah to Rita would sign a contract without the advice and support of a solicitor. It's one thing to suspend disbelief quite another to abandon common sense. For God's sake get some new writers.
  • Losing the will to watch

I don't know who will read this, if anybody. But I used to hate soaps and change the channel every time Corrie came on the tv. I broke the habit of a lifetime and watch Corrie on a slow day a few years ago and was completely sucked in. For the last few years I've had it on a series record and couldn't wait for the next episode. I think the last time I really felt Corrie was Corrie, was when Callum was killed by Kylie Plat. And although I think the plot line with Phelan has merit and I am desperate for him to get his comeuppance, the plots are starting to feel very contrived and don't ring true for some of the characters that I have come to know and love over the last few years. I'm beginning to feel like I'm watching a northern version of East Enders. Corrie used to be mostly gentle everyday stuff with a lot of humour and a pinch of dastardly every now and then to get your blood boiling and calling for justice. For me it now feels like a mish mash of half cooked plots that stop and start whenever we need a space filling in the program. Sorry for the rant, but I'm beginning not to care whether I watch or not.
  • Paternity check

Maybe Peter Barlow is returning to find out why his son is mixed race (bearing in mind Peter and his ex wife/partner are white)?

Glad to hear that Sharif is leaving - his acting skills are non-existent as are Dev's, Nick's, Eva's .........

Also I'm curious to know why Eileen and the rest of the people that live in her house don't use the front room that they walk past every episode to use the back room and kitchen?
  • Get rid of Alex - please!

Alex ruins it - to the extent I'm verging on giving up after 40 yrs viewing. His silly voice makes me want to turn off. V politically correct I'm sure but after a hard day I watch to be entertained not to give the disabled an opportunity.

Phelan is fantastic. Alia's family are not like any Muslims I've ever met (but the story with the mistress has Andy is pointless. Love Sally (show's funniest moments) and Amy is showing potential as great little actress.
  • Coronation st

Been watching for years but the last year has been so boring I just can't do it anymore. The plot lines are so uninteresting and boring and they go on and on. You feel like you are watching the same episode a hundred times over. Every one drinks at all times of the day it's their only answer to a problem . They only eat takeaways ,every one is horrible to one another and angry . The days of Maureen and reg and curly and racquel I used to fall around laughing. So uplifting . They got les Denis comedian and he is another miserable character always down in the dumps angry at the world. Terrible script writing , Maria running around in a lions out fit for no reason ,that says it all really.
  • Corrie and The Implausibilty Matrix

Corrie darling what are you doing????

I have loved you for years and still watch but I am soooo fed up with these contrived storylines and implausible rubbish.

If it weren't for the corpse under the granny flat this show would have almost nothing good going for it at all. Why have you brought back the nauseating Phelan and the irritant Jenny? Can't you think of anything new? No wonder Carla left the show after you thought we would believe that she wanted to marry Nick. Eileen would never have got together with Phelan. How tedious was that massively improbable storyline about Carla being Johnny's daughter and that's why his wife died blah blah and Aidan wanted to thump him but now they have all completely forgotten about it. And you REALLY expect us to believe this crap about Leanne Battersby and Steve?????? Of course on the same day Michelle decides she wants a baby. No wonder Liz is so po-faced about everything.

KEEP: Tracy, Mary, Gemma, Todd, Sally, Tim, Beth and Steve (but give him the comedy storylines back for goodness' sake).

LOSE: PHELAN, JENNY, that boring couple from the restaurant, Fizz (PLEASE) and those rotten bit-part actors who can't act!!!

BRING BACK: TED ROBBINS!!! Ask Kate Robbins if she will join the cast too, she is awesome.

And STOP introducing actors from other soaps!!!! No one buys it!

• new ideas

aftrer alot of research i think a true story line should be false accusations there are thousands out there inneed of this story lines to be seen maybe ken barlow have a false accusation against him which he already had yrs ago or jason have a false accusation against him on a rape charge just to show how the justice system in this day and age is a joke how a person can make a false alligation with no evidence at all there is plenty of info out there on how a fa can ruin innocent lives also how the police and cps hide any evidence that can help the accused so they can get a guilty verdict plus how the accuser gets compo just for making the accusation were as in most cases this day an age its the accused who is the innocent person and when found to be innocent it still stays on record and the accuser walks free to do it again no charges brought against them were is the justice i think it would be a great story line to gain more research check out on face book thanks
  • closed caption issue

4.5
    i wanted to watch Coronation street on Hulu but there is no closed caption ,,,,
  • Michelle

What a boring story line with Michelle! OMG she only kissed him get over yourself & move one
  • Absolutely Dire muck, corny, bad acting, predictable

What a load of KELT. Everytime a new character is introduced you can see the plot coming a mile off like michelles gormless ex who she is organising a wedding for. Stupid Sally who isn't the slightest bit funny. And do the producers actually watch the acting performances of these people? Dev and Mary must be the worst actors in the world. Its more like Carry On Coronation Street. Just watched the episode with all the drunks in the pub and it was embarrassing, seriously awful. Get rid of Dev, Mary, Micheal, Carla, Gail, Sally, Kirk (pleaseplease Kirk), Sarah and BOREDREY oh and rubbish at acting Rita, she is dire. In fact just scrap the program it is tripe
  • The slippery slope to the bottom

Corrie used to be my favourite show- I couldn't wait for it to come on. Now I can't wait for it to end.

What has happened- to everything? I'm sick of Tracy/Carla/Nick, Anna/Pat/Eileen and the story about Marta. It's as though the same record has been playing over and over and ............. I'd love to see Ken and Audrey get together, and something interesting for Leanne. Billy seems so out of place, still wearing the clerical collar, though. Eva's quip "tic-tac", instead of "tactic" was childish. Where are the clever lines and actors of yesteryear? Is Callum dead or alive? Will we ever find out? Will we care?
  • Fresh ideas needed for Corrie.

Yes, storylines are getting jaded now!! Pat Phelan is a revolting character, how could ANYONE even like him let alone FANCY him!!LOL. Just unbelievable, isn't it? The lies are just TOO much. Bring in some new and fresh acting talent and ditch the unpleasant characters.
  • get rid of PAT

why have they brought back that disgusting man PAT, the story lines are just totally CRAP, bring a better writer in. The story lines have gone stupid, boring, repetitive, get rid of Tracey, get rid of Pat, get rid of the newest girl who is supposed to be in contact with Callum.

Just waiting for Callum to walk back in the door. what utter nonsense and boring rubbish will the script writers come up with next. SACK them all and find a proper script writer, the street is crap, crap, crap, sort your act out its BORING BORING BORING
  • Corrie needs some new storylines, ASAP

I think if the writers are running out of ideas they should look to the fans of the show, Ive been watching Coronation for 12yrs and turned alot of my friends on to it, being more realalistic. I can't stand the soaps that the major stress of the day is little Ashleys BMW does'nt come in

And if so the writers use one of our ideas they should give use a small spot on the show (eg. Bar fly, Kabob customer, Hit and Run Driver that runs down Ken Barlow) Any ways "Cheers for now" I wonder if Rita or Emily are reading this now that they are Internet Sauvy..
  • Coronation Street busters

Drop an Nuke on the street. It's high time that crap was gone from on screens
  • boring!!!!

Can the writers not think of a new story line!! The old Tracey and Carla war is dull! And really? bringing scumbag Pat back. Why do I watch this crap? no wonder it can't win awards!!
  • Why show someone hit their Dad

1.5
    I think it was really disgusting that you would show a son punching his dad this is really out of order and should not have been shown this was really low
  • Rubbish

1) Who is writing this rubbish ?? As if an 84 year old woman would even consider travelling to Peru ?? Get real !!

2) Carla's voice has to be the most boring monotone voice I have heard in a long time and she is an actress..... ??

3) I have watched this programme for more years then I care to remember, but sadly, I feel the acting and the storyline has become a huge joke, no longer interesting or realistic.