Cory in the House Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2008)

Cory In The House Gets A Second Season

SPDShadowRanger

[1]May 28, 2007
    • level: 72
    According to this casting page, Cory In The House gets a second season. http://www.showfax.com/project_selection.cfm?l=1&t=1
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Taft06

[2]May 29, 2007
    • level: 7
    Odd... first off... the way most DC shows work... CITH should still be completing its first season... and wrap in about may... so why would they be auditioning for their second season already???

2nd off... yuck.. lol

SPDShadowRanger

[3]May 29, 2007
    The first season finished filming a while ago.

Jami393

[5]May 29, 2007
    • level: 8
    I'm Glad that CITH is getting a Season 2

Taft06

[6]May 29, 2007
    SPDShadowRanger wrote:
    The first season finished filming a while ago.

I thought they just went on hiatus..

SPDShadowRanger

[7]Jun 2, 2007
    In a way. After filming the first season they waiting to see the ratings.

Taft06

[8]Jun 3, 2007
    SPDShadowRanger wrote:

the ratings are abismal.. one of the shows with the least ratings on the channel...

datgirlbree

[11]Jun 8, 2007
    • level: 11
    this show is okay

Racingfan17

[12]Jun 9, 2007
    • level: 11
    Yeah, I am just happy it got a season 2.

Jalman

[13]Jun 9, 2007
    • level: 28
    Taft06 wrote:
    SPDShadowRanger wrote:

the ratings are abismal.. one of the shows with the least ratings on the channel...

Actaully This Show is the 3rd most watched show on the channel.

Taft06

[14]Jun 9, 2007

Jalman wrote:
    Taft06 wrote:
    SPDShadowRanger wrote:
    And you got this information from? I have some reliable sources that tell me that that is false. Even if CITH DID get high ratings... it couldnt be in third! Suite Life, HM, and TSR get the top ratings on the channel. It may get OK ratings viewer wise, because some kids wont change the channel even if they dont like the show, but opinion wise, the ratings are trash.

And guys.... I honestly sat myself down and said... "hey... just give this show another try". I sat down and watched 2 episodes of the marathon with a positive attitude... and i couldn't do it! I couldn't do it at all!!! It lacked that disney spark.And I think that Disney channel is trying to see what shows get ratings now by playing marathons of each show on seperate days.

Edited on 06/09/2007 1:48pm

Jalman

[15]Jun 10, 2007
    Taft06 wrote:

Jalman wrote:
    Taft06 wrote:
    SPDShadowRanger wrote:
    And you got this information from? I have some reliable sources that tell me that that is false. Even if CITH DID get high ratings... it couldnt be in third! Suite Life, HM, and TSR get the top ratings on the channel. It may get OK ratings viewer wise, because some kids wont change the channel even if they dont like the show, but opinion wise, the ratings are trash.

And guys.... I honestly sat myself down and said... "hey... just give this show another try". I sat down and watched 2 episodes of the marathon with a positive attitude... and i couldn't do it! I couldn't do it at all!!! It lacked that disney spark.And I think that Disney channel is trying to see what shows get ratings now by playing marathons of each show on seperate days.

Well TSR is over now (i'm saying what's popular in the new episode's), i got my information from zap2it.com Cory In The House Pull's in 3.3 Million Viewer's per week currently.

Taft06

[16]Jun 11, 2007
    Jalman wrote:
    Taft06 wrote:

Jalman wrote:
    Taft06 wrote:
    SPDShadowRanger wrote:

Well TSR is over now (i'm saying what's popular in the new episode's), i got my information from zap2it.com Cory In The House Pull's in 3.3 Million Viewer's per week currently.

3.3 is not good.. and alot of shows get great viewer ratings but still get cancelled based on quality.

gba99

[17]Jun 11, 2007
    • level: 4
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!

Jalman

[18]Jun 11, 2007
    Taft06 wrote:
    Jalman wrote:
    Taft06 wrote:

Jalman wrote:
    Taft06 wrote:
    SPDShadowRanger wrote:

3.3 is not good.. and alot of shows get great viewer ratings but still get cancelled based on quality.

\

actaully 3.3 million is good for a cable show, especially childrens show becuase not everyone has cable, Channel's like FOX, ABC, CBS get more because it's Local and everyone is able to have Local television. Lizzie McGuire pulled in 2.6 Million and look how popular it was.

That's So Raven Pulled In 3.8 Million. The Suite Life Pulls in 3.6 Million

Hannah Montana Pulls in 3.5 Million.

mermer202

[19]Jun 14, 2007
    • level: 3
    I'm glad it gets a 2nd season. I like the show

senor_fritz

[20]Jun 16, 2007
    • level: 20

Judging by how dead the forums of this show appear to be, you would think it was unpopular. I mean, just go and compare it to the HM forums...

The way I see it, any and all potential interest I might have had for this show got squashed as soon as I saw the premise. It's impossible for me to enjoy this once I realize that the characters are actually interacting with a flippin' made-up president. Disney is known for going beyond the parameters of conventional realism in their shows, but going as far as creating an alternate political reality, especially considering the current political climate in the real world? are you kidding me?

Honestly, is it really that healthy to provide the kids in America with such extreme form of escapism?

Edited on 06/16/2007 12:10pm
    Edited 4 total times.