Cory in the House Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2008)

Cory In The House Gets A Second Season

  • Avatar of SPDShadowRanger

    SPDShadowRanger

    [1]May 28, 2007
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 72
    • rank: Happy Little Tree
    • posts: 9,083
    According to this casting page, Cory In The House gets a second season. http://www.showfax.com/project_selection.cfm?l=1&t=1
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Taft06

    Taft06

    [2]May 29, 2007
    • member since: 02/27/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 498
    Odd... first off... the way most DC shows work... CITH should still be completing its first season... and wrap in about may... so why would they be auditioning for their second season already???

    2nd off... yuck.. lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SPDShadowRanger

    SPDShadowRanger

    [3]May 29, 2007
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 72
    • rank: Happy Little Tree
    • posts: 9,083
    The first season finished filming a while ago.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Jami393

    Jami393

    [5]May 29, 2007
    • member since: 08/19/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 391
    I'm Glad that CITH is getting a Season 2
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Taft06

    Taft06

    [6]May 29, 2007
    • member since: 02/27/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 498
    SPDShadowRanger wrote:
    The first season finished filming a while ago.


    I thought they just went on hiatus..
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SPDShadowRanger

    SPDShadowRanger

    [7]Jun 2, 2007
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 72
    • rank: Happy Little Tree
    • posts: 9,083
    In a way. After filming the first season they waiting to see the ratings.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Taft06

    Taft06

    [8]Jun 3, 2007
    • member since: 02/27/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 498
    SPDShadowRanger wrote:
    In a way. After filming the first season they waiting to see the ratings.


    the ratings are abismal.. one of the shows with the least ratings on the channel...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of datgirlbree

    datgirlbree

    [11]Jun 8, 2007
    • member since: 10/29/06
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 391
    this show is okay
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Racingfan17

    Racingfan17

    [12]Jun 9, 2007
    • member since: 10/29/06
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 297
    Yeah, I am just happy it got a season 2.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Jalman

    Jalman

    [13]Jun 9, 2007
    • member since: 06/19/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 165
    Taft06 wrote:
    SPDShadowRanger wrote:
    In a way. After filming the first season they waiting to see the ratings.


    the ratings are abismal.. one of the shows with the least ratings on the channel...


    Actaully This Show is the 3rd most watched show on the channel.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Taft06

    Taft06

    [14]Jun 9, 2007
    • member since: 02/27/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 498

    Jalman wrote:
    Taft06 wrote:
    SPDShadowRanger wrote:
    In a way. After filming the first season they waiting to see the ratings.
    the ratings are abismal.. one of the shows with the least ratings on the channel...
    Actaully This Show is the 3rd most watched show on the channel.
    And you got this information from? I have some reliable sources that tell me that that is false. Even if CITH DID get high ratings... it couldnt be in third! Suite Life, HM, and TSR get the top ratings on the channel. It may get OK ratings viewer wise, because some kids wont change the channel even if they dont like the show, but opinion wise, the ratings are trash.

    And guys.... I honestly sat myself down and said... "hey... just give this show another try". I sat down and watched 2 episodes of the marathon with a positive attitude... and i couldn't do it! I couldn't do it at all!!! It lacked that disney spark.And I think that Disney channel is trying to see what shows get ratings now by playing marathons of each show on seperate days.

    Edited on 06/09/2007 1:48pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Jalman

    Jalman

    [15]Jun 10, 2007
    • member since: 06/19/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 165
    Taft06 wrote:

    Jalman wrote:
    Taft06 wrote:
    SPDShadowRanger wrote:
    In a way. After filming the first season they waiting to see the ratings.
    the ratings are abismal.. one of the shows with the least ratings on the channel...
    Actaully This Show is the 3rd most watched show on the channel.
    And you got this information from? I have some reliable sources that tell me that that is false. Even if CITH DID get high ratings... it couldnt be in third! Suite Life, HM, and TSR get the top ratings on the channel. It may get OK ratings viewer wise, because some kids wont change the channel even if they dont like the show, but opinion wise, the ratings are trash.

    And guys.... I honestly sat myself down and said... "hey... just give this show another try". I sat down and watched 2 episodes of the marathon with a positive attitude... and i couldn't do it! I couldn't do it at all!!! It lacked that disney spark.And I think that Disney channel is trying to see what shows get ratings now by playing marathons of each show on seperate days.



    Well TSR is over now (i'm saying what's popular in the new episode's), i got my information from zap2it.com Cory In The House Pull's in 3.3 Million Viewer's per week currently.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Taft06

    Taft06

    [16]Jun 11, 2007
    • member since: 02/27/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 498
    Jalman wrote:
    Taft06 wrote:

    Jalman wrote:
    Taft06 wrote:
    SPDShadowRanger wrote:
    In a way. After filming the first season they waiting to see the ratings.
    the ratings are abismal.. one of the shows with the least ratings on the channel...
    Actaully This Show is the 3rd most watched show on the channel.
    And you got this information from? I have some reliable sources that tell me that that is false. Even if CITH DID get high ratings... it couldnt be in third! Suite Life, HM, and TSR get the top ratings on the channel. It may get OK ratings viewer wise, because some kids wont change the channel even if they dont like the show, but opinion wise, the ratings are trash.

    And guys.... I honestly sat myself down and said... "hey... just give this show another try". I sat down and watched 2 episodes of the marathon with a positive attitude... and i couldn't do it! I couldn't do it at all!!! It lacked that disney spark.And I think that Disney channel is trying to see what shows get ratings now by playing marathons of each show on seperate days.



    Well TSR is over now (i'm saying what's popular in the new episode's), i got my information from zap2it.com Cory In The House Pull's in 3.3 Million Viewer's per week currently.


    3.3 is not good.. and alot of shows get great viewer ratings but still get cancelled based on quality.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gba99

    gba99

    [17]Jun 11, 2007
    • member since: 05/09/07
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 23
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Jalman

    Jalman

    [18]Jun 11, 2007
    • member since: 06/19/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 165
    Taft06 wrote:
    Jalman wrote:
    Taft06 wrote:

    Jalman wrote:
    Taft06 wrote:
    SPDShadowRanger wrote:
    In a way. After filming the first season they waiting to see the ratings.
    the ratings are abismal.. one of the shows with the least ratings on the channel...
    Actaully This Show is the 3rd most watched show on the channel.
    And you got this information from? I have some reliable sources that tell me that that is false. Even if CITH DID get high ratings... it couldnt be in third! Suite Life, HM, and TSR get the top ratings on the channel. It may get OK ratings viewer wise, because some kids wont change the channel even if they dont like the show, but opinion wise, the ratings are trash.

    And guys.... I honestly sat myself down and said... "hey... just give this show another try". I sat down and watched 2 episodes of the marathon with a positive attitude... and i couldn't do it! I couldn't do it at all!!! It lacked that disney spark.And I think that Disney channel is trying to see what shows get ratings now by playing marathons of each show on seperate days.



    Well TSR is over now (i'm saying what's popular in the new episode's), i got my information from zap2it.com Cory In The House Pull's in 3.3 Million Viewer's per week currently.


    3.3 is not good.. and alot of shows get great viewer ratings but still get cancelled based on quality.

    \

    actaully 3.3 million is good for a cable show, especially childrens show becuase not everyone has cable, Channel's like FOX, ABC, CBS get more because it's Local and everyone is able to have Local television. Lizzie McGuire pulled in 2.6 Million and look how popular it was.

    That's So Raven Pulled In 3.8 Million. The Suite Life Pulls in 3.6 Million

    Hannah Montana Pulls in 3.5 Million.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mermer202

    mermer202

    [19]Jun 14, 2007
    • member since: 10/28/06
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 34
    I'm glad it gets a 2nd season. I like the show
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of senor_fritz

    senor_fritz

    [20]Jun 16, 2007
    • member since: 12/16/05
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 1,245

    Judging by how dead the forums of this show appear to be, you would think it was unpopular. I mean, just go and compare it to the HM forums...

    The way I see it, any and all potential interest I might have had for this show got squashed as soon as I saw the premise. It's impossible for me to enjoy this once I realize that the characters are actually interacting with a flippin' made-up president. Disney is known for going beyond the parameters of conventional realism in their shows, but going as far as creating an alternate political reality, especially considering the current political climate in the real world? are you kidding me?

    Honestly, is it really that healthy to provide the kids in America with such extreme form of escapism?

    Edited on 06/16/2007 12:10pm
    Edited 4 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.