Cory in the House Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2008)

Cory In The House Gets A Second Season

Jalman

[21]Jun 16, 2007
    • level: 28
    senor_fritz wrote:

Judging by how dead the forums of this show appear to be, you would think it was unpopular. I mean, just go and compare it to the HM forums...

The way I see it, any and all potential interest I might have had for this show got squashed as soon as I saw the premise. It's impossible for me to enjoy this once I realize that the characters are actually interacting with a flippin' made-up president. Disney is known for going beyond the parameters of conventional realism in their shows, but going as far as creating an alternate political reality, especially considering the current political climate in the real world? are you kidding me?

Honestly, is it really that healthy to provide the kids in America with such extreme form of escapism?

I agree with u this show is very unrealistic and Meena Religion is made up that's the only thing i don't like about this show. But Hannah Montana just had a crossover with Cory In The House so both shows share the same president.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Taft06

[22]Jun 18, 2007
    • level: 7
    senor_fritz wrote:

Judging by how dead the forums of this show appear to be, you would think it was unpopular. I mean, just go and compare it to the HM forums...

The way I see it, any and all potential interest I might have had for this show got squashed as soon as I saw the premise. It's impossible for me to enjoy this once I realize that the characters are actually interacting with a flippin' made-up president. Disney is known for going beyond the parameters of conventional realism in their shows, but going as far as creating an alternate political reality, especially considering the current political climate in the real world? are you kidding me?

Honestly, is it really that healthy to provide the kids in America with such extreme form of escapism?

Agreed. Ratings arent everything as i said before... DC will ALWAYS have that faithful group that never turns the TV. But eventually even THAT audience will get tired of putting up with this show. This forum's popularity is like 30% full (at the very least) of ppl who don't even like the show. And DC is trying to get people to like this show by OVER ADVERTISING it every break repeatedly, and pairing it along with HM and Suite Life for special presentations and episodes. And as far as the premise... I think we all agree with you there. There's a difference between unique and farfetched, and show is BEYOND farfetched. The behavior in the white house, the characters, the acting skill level. This show is a trainnnnnwreck. Little kids who dont know the difference between a good and bad show will learn by watching this, and then watching any other show on DC.

Sorry if i seem like a hater... (lol).... I just take offense when I see shows / actors that shouldnt even be on TV because i have a few close friends that are SO talented, and struggle for work.

Just_Jos

[23]Jun 19, 2007
    • level: 11
    I'm glad it's getting a second season.

flimsycat

[24]Jun 27, 2007
    • level: 25

Cory in the house needs a bigger fanbase. I'm glad it's getting a second season, but I doubt it's going to stay on ithout other people watching it. I'm trying to get my friend hooked

eclecticvewer

[25]Jun 27, 2007
    Jalman wrote:
    senor_fritz wrote:

I agree with u this show is very unrealistic and Meena Religion is made up that's the only thing i don't like about this show. But Hannah Montana just had a crossover with Cory In The House so both shows share the same president.

I just had to point out that if Hannah Montana is in the same universe, then so is That's So Raven (obviously, since CITH is a spin off) and Suite Life of Zack and Cody thanks to "That's So the Suite Life of Hannah Montana." So basically Disney's most popular shows take place in this made-up political world Disney has created.

And I suppose I'd be open to a different political world in a show. But that's in general, and not if the president is portrayed as an idiot who makes balloon animals to get his daughter's class to like him (could not stand that storyline). And I do NOT think it is appropriate for Disney to be addressing politics at all. Granted, it's fake politics, but they're still bringing something into a kids show that shouldn't be there.

I'm sorry if I sound like a hater or a troll, but my sister watches this show every freakin' time it's on and I just had to say something.

Taft06

[26]Jun 28, 2007
    eclecticvewer wrote:
    Jalman wrote:
    senor_fritz wrote:

I just had to point out that if Hannah Montana is in the same universe, then so is That's So Raven (obviously, since CITH is a spin off) and Suite Life of Zack and Cody thanks to "That's So the Suite Life of Hannah Montana." So basically Disney's most popular shows take place in this made-up political world Disney has created.

And I suppose I'd be open to a different political world in a show. But that's in general, and not if the president is portrayed as an idiot who makes balloon animals to get his daughter's class to like him (could not stand that storyline). And I do NOT think it is appropriate for Disney to be addressing politics at all. Granted, it's fake politics, but they're still bringing something into a kids show that shouldn't be there.

I'm sorry if I sound like a hater or a troll, but my sister watches this show every freakin' time it's on and I just had to say something.

I agree with everything you're saying here buddy.

But all of the other disney channel shows arent FOCUSED on this political world, they just happen to have the same president (i guess). CITH is mainly about that world, which IS inappropriate.

eclecticvewer

[27]Jun 29, 2007
    Taft06 wrote:
    eclecticvewer wrote:
    Jalman wrote:
    senor_fritz wrote:

But all of the other disney channel shows arent FOCUSED on this political world, they just happen to have the same president (i guess). CITH is mainly about that world, which IS inappropriate.

I know the other shows don't focus on politics; I was just pointing out that they take place in the same world. But thanks for agreeing with me!

SioBleu

[28]Jun 29, 2007
    • level: 6
    eclecticvewer wrote:
    Taft06 wrote:
    eclecticvewer wrote:
    Jalman wrote:
    senor_fritz wrote:

I know the other shows don't focus on politics; I was just pointing out that they take place in the same world. But thanks for agreeing with me!

To eclecticviewer: Yes it's silly that CITH has a fake president and he and his daughter have crossed over to HM as well, you make very good points. However, the point about the president making balloon animals so that Sophie's class will like him: (1) He's the president, into politics and he's got that competitive drive in him, it'll always be there to be the better man whether it's the donut man or the milk man. (2) Every father wants their daughter to be proud of them and show that off to their friends. If you're not cool, you're perceived as a failure in your daughter's eyes. Not good news for anybody. Especially a Dad. Regular dads want their daughters to be happy that their dad is the coolest in the universe, can you imagine what the president is thinking? He's not a regular dad! Multiply that feeling by a hundred. He's under ALOT of pressure so cut him some slack, okay? I know it's just a tv show but I just thought I'd shed some light on the situation............Hope it helped:-)

eclecticvewer

[29]Jun 29, 2007
    SioBleu: Okay, so bad example. But you have to admit that he could be portrayed a little less...silly. *sigh* i'm going to stop now as I refuse to get worked up over a kid's show.

SioBleu

[30]Jul 3, 2007
    eclecticvewer wrote:
    SioBleu: Okay, so bad example. But you have to admit that he could be portrayed a little less...silly. *sigh* i'm going to stop now as I refuse to get worked up over a kid's show.

I agree that sometimes he's a bit TOO silly. I mean this guy supposedly runs the country and it IS bizarre to watch a show about a fake president but hey, there's West Wing, and a slew of other movies with fake presidents in them, Independence Day, Mars Attacks!, How to Deal, and many others that I can't remember their names but you get my point. Television is funny that way. At least they could have got a George W. Bush look-a-like but maybe they didn't wanna open up those can of worms..........

Jesusfreak1098

[31]Jul 4, 2007
    • level: 10
    eclecticvewer wrote:
    Taft06 wrote:
    eclecticvewer wrote:
    Jalman wrote:
    senor_fritz wrote:

I just had to point out that if Hannah Montana is in the same universe, then so is That's So Raven (obviously, since CITH is a spin off) and Suite Life of Zack and Cody thanks to "That's So the Suite Life of Hannah Montana." So basically Disney's most popular shows take place in this made-up political world Disney has created. And I suppose I'd be open to a different political world in a show. But that's in general, and not if the president is portrayed as an idiot who makes balloon animals to get his daughter's ****to like him (could not stand that storyline). And I do NOT think it is appropriate for Disney to be addressing politics at all. Granted, it's fake politics, but they're still bringing something into a kids show that shouldn't be there. I'm sorry if I sound like a hater or a troll, but my sister watches this show every freakin' time it's on and I just had to say something.
    I agree with everything you're saying here buddy. But all of the other disney channel shows arent FOCUSED on this political world, they just happen to have the same president (i guess). CITH is mainly about that world, which IS inappropriate.

Seriously? You guys thing that cory in the house is inapropriate. about 5 years ago on disney would be sooo much more inaprpriate. So weird, In a heart Beat, The Famous Jett jackson, fLASH fORWARD. disney wouldnt play those shows cuz they are too imature for the new disney

marblesearcher

[32]Jul 4, 2007
    Disney had to do this so it would be safe for younger audiences. They shouldn't put George Bush in it because there'd have to be some sort of terrorism! And do you really expect him to act in the show?

Taft06

[34]Jul 6, 2007
    SioBleu wrote:
    marblesearcher wrote:
    Disney had to do this so it would be safe for younger audiences. They shouldn't put George Bush in it because there'd have to be some sort of terrorism! And do you really expect him to act in the show?

Fuh reals.

its not about trying to give kids the "real deal" about the president. but its about not putting them in SUCH a reality shock when they realize what really goes on in the world. It's ok to tell your kids about all of the good in the world... and protect them from the bad. I dont like that this show creates a completely false sense of reality that creates a bubble around a child.... once that bubble pops... that kid is going to feel vulnerable.

deshaun10

[35]Jul 10, 2007
    I'm glad this show is getting a second season. I haven't completely seen the first [I live in Germany and have only seen a couple via YouTube]..but I like the show. If you watch it and you're old enough to understand the whole president/alternate reality thing, then just get over it. Sorry, if that came off as rude, but for younger children who may love this show, I doubt it will seriously affect their view of the world when they are older and the show has ended..it's TV..there are fake presidents all the time..just like there are fake TV celebrities. The pres. just happens to be a much larger figure--and from what I've seen, he is pretty..goofy..but it's for laughs..it's for laughs. So chill.

NBBMILEYFAN03

[36]Jul 14, 2007
    • level: 16
    Cory in the house is not the best show, but it is not the worst. Overall I am glad it is getting a second season!!

snizzlemcd

[37]Jul 19, 2007
    • level: 4

Well, I like this show. I am glad that its getting a second season. But honestly, I think the only reason this show gets ratings is because:

A) A spinoff of That's So Raven, highest rated show on Disney and pulls in TSR fans

B) Crossed over with Hannah Montana, another high rated show on Disney

Well, these are the reasons whyI watch it.

DisneyFreak33

[38]Jul 22, 2007
    • level: 21
    yay! I like this show its funny and I love Maiara Walsh!! She's awesome!!

Taft06

[39]Jul 25, 2007
    snizzlemcd wrote:

Well, I like this show. I am glad that its getting a second season. But honestly, I think the only reason this show gets ratings is because:

A) A spinoff of That's So Raven, highest rated show on Disney and pulls in TSR fans

B) Crossed over with Hannah Montana, another high rated show on Disney

Well, these are the reasons whyI watch it.

Those are THE only reasons...

Sparklysugar101

[40]Jul 25, 2007
    • level: 2
    Yeah you know what, I heard on the internet that That's so in the House was the most popular, most watch episode of CITH yet. I mean Kyle is a good actor and his moderately funny, but apparently Raven can still steel the stage. I think TSLOZAC (The suite life of zack and Cody) is more popular then that, and I don't that TSLOZAC beats Hannah Montana. Face it, CITH will never beat That's so Raven, disney will try, but they won't suceed. Next to Lizzie Mcquire, it was the most popular show on Disney, and now that Lizzie McQuire is out of the picture, it is. Cory in the House WILL only make it to 65 episodes, mabye. If they get funny guest stars, or Raven comes back on the show once in a while.