Cory in the House Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2008)

Cory In The House Gets A Second Season

  • Avatar of Taft06

    Taft06

    [41]Jul 29, 2007
    • member since: 02/27/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 498
    Who knows... maybe Disney will assign the cast to acting lessons for the summer, and theyll come back better. I dont want to hate this show (believe it or not), its just the worst example of a live action DC show! And it's odd that its the worst when it's a spin off of the BEST!! It's sort of like a family of singers are EXTRA hard on the youngest child because great things are expected of them.. It's alot of pressure but it's just the way it is!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of LadyOfStars

    LadyOfStars

    [42]Jul 30, 2007
    • member since: 07/17/05
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 45
    I don't think we need to go this deep. It's just a children's show. I really don't think that this show's demographic would really get actual politics and CitH all mixed up. If they do, is it really so bad that we keep actual world terrors away from them?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of vinnyvinny2

    vinnyvinny2

    [43]Aug 7, 2007
    • member since: 06/25/07
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 48
    eclecticvewer wrote:
    Taft06 wrote:
    eclecticvewer wrote:
    Jalman wrote:
    senor_fritz wrote:

    Judging by how dead the forums of this show appear to be, you would think it was unpopular. I mean, just go and compare it to the HM forums...

    The way I see it, any and all potential interest I might have had for this show got squashed as soon as I saw the premise. It's impossible for me to enjoy this once I realize that the characters are actually interacting with a flippin' made-up president. Disney is known for going beyond the parameters of conventional realism in their shows, but going as far as creating an alternate political reality, especially considering the current political climate in the real world? are you kidding me?

    Honestly, is it really that healthy to provide the kids in America with such extreme form of escapism?



    I agree with u this show is very unrealistic and Meena Religion is made up that's the only thing i don't like about this show. But Hannah Montana just had a crossover with Cory In The House so both shows share the same president.


    I just had to point out that if Hannah Montana is in the same universe, then so is That's So Raven (obviously, since CITH is a spin off) and Suite Life of Zack and Cody thanks to "That's So the Suite Life of Hannah Montana." So basically Disney's most popular shows take place in this made-up political world Disney has created.

    And I suppose I'd be open to a different political world in a show. But that's in general, and not if the president is portrayed as an idiot who makes balloon animals to get his daughter's class to like him (could not stand that storyline). And I do NOT think it is appropriate for Disney to be addressing politics at all. Granted, it's fake politics, but they're still bringing something into a kids show that shouldn't be there.

    I'm sorry if I sound like a hater or a troll, but my sister watches this show every freakin' time it's on and I just had to say something.


    I agree with everything you're saying here buddy.

    But all of the other disney channel shows arent FOCUSED on this political world, they just happen to have the same president (i guess). CITH is mainly about that world, which IS inappropriate.


    I know the other shows don't focus on politics; I was just pointing out that they take place in the same world. But thanks for agreeing with me!


    I can't believe any of you. You say Cory in the House is bad becuase it puts kids in a pubble against the real world of politcs which isn't as perfect. What do you think Hannah Montana does. Celebrities are seen hanging out backstage or going to supervised parties with the only problem are nasty papperazzi. Drugs, alcohol, and sex tapes do not exist in that world.

    Face it. Nothing on the Disney Channel exists within the realm of reality.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SPDShadowRanger

    SPDShadowRanger

    [44]Aug 7, 2007
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 72
    • rank: Happy Little Tree
    • posts: 9,110
    Not to mention that Hannah rarely performs outside of California.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Dirk4MVP

    Dirk4MVP

    [45]Aug 7, 2007
    • member since: 07/01/07
    • level: 41
    • rank: Sleestack
    • posts: 12,216
    Jami393 wrote:
    I'm Glad that CITH is getting a Season 2
    Me too.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Taft06

    Taft06

    [46]Aug 7, 2007
    • member since: 02/27/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 498
    vinnyvinny2 wrote:
    eclecticvewer wrote:
    Taft06 wrote:
    eclecticvewer wrote:
    Jalman wrote:
    senor_fritz wrote:

    Judging by how dead the forums of this show appear to be, you would think it was unpopular. I mean, just go and compare it to the HM forums...

    The way I see it, any and all potential interest I might have had for this show got squashed as soon as I saw the premise. It's impossible for me to enjoy this once I realize that the characters are actually interacting with a flippin' made-up president. Disney is known for going beyond the parameters of conventional realism in their shows, but going as far as creating an alternate political reality, especially considering the current political climate in the real world? are you kidding me?

    Honestly, is it really that healthy to provide the kids in America with such extreme form of escapism?



    I agree with u this show is very unrealistic and Meena Religion is made up that's the only thing i don't like about this show. But Hannah Montana just had a crossover with Cory In The House so both shows share the same president.


    I just had to point out that if Hannah Montana is in the same universe, then so is That's So Raven (obviously, since CITH is a spin off) and Suite Life of Zack and Cody thanks to "That's So the Suite Life of Hannah Montana." So basically Disney's most popular shows take place in this made-up political world Disney has created.

    And I suppose I'd be open to a different political world in a show. But that's in general, and not if the president is portrayed as an idiot who makes balloon animals to get his daughter's class to like him (could not stand that storyline). And I do NOT think it is appropriate for Disney to be addressing politics at all. Granted, it's fake politics, but they're still bringing something into a kids show that shouldn't be there.

    I'm sorry if I sound like a hater or a troll, but my sister watches this show every freakin' time it's on and I just had to say something.


    I agree with everything you're saying here buddy.

    But all of the other disney channel shows arent FOCUSED on this political world, they just happen to have the same president (i guess). CITH is mainly about that world, which IS inappropriate.


    I know the other shows don't focus on politics; I was just pointing out that they take place in the same world. But thanks for agreeing with me!


    I can't believe any of you. You say Cory in the House is bad becuase it puts kids in a pubble against the real world of politcs which isn't as perfect. What do you think Hannah Montana does. Celebrities are seen hanging out backstage or going to supervised parties with the only problem are nasty papperazzi. Drugs, alcohol, and sex tapes do not exist in that world.

    Face it. Nothing on the Disney Channel exists within the realm of reality.


    What really happens at a party is not what's being taught at the local elementary school... politiccs are. No one is saying DC is horrible for trying to create a positive outlook or realm for politics... it just could have been put together much better.If the show was funny and entertaining.. i wouldnt mind this... but the bad acting doesn't cover up the bad premise.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of vinnyvinny2

    vinnyvinny2

    [47]Aug 7, 2007
    • member since: 06/25/07
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 48
    Taft06 wrote:
    vinnyvinny2 wrote:
    eclecticvewer wrote:
    Taft06 wrote:
    eclecticvewer wrote:
    Jalman wrote:
    senor_fritz wrote:

    Judging by how dead the forums of this show appear to be, you would think it was unpopular. I mean, just go and compare it to the HM forums...

    The way I see it, any and all potential interest I might have had for this show got squashed as soon as I saw the premise. It's impossible for me to enjoy this once I realize that the characters are actually interacting with a flippin' made-up president. Disney is known for going beyond the parameters of conventional realism in their shows, but going as far as creating an alternate political reality, especially considering the current political climate in the real world? are you kidding me?

    Honestly, is it really that healthy to provide the kids in America with such extreme form of escapism?



    I agree with u this show is very unrealistic and Meena Religion is made up that's the only thing i don't like about this show. But Hannah Montana just had a crossover with Cory In The House so both shows share the same president.


    I just had to point out that if Hannah Montana is in the same universe, then so is That's So Raven (obviously, since CITH is a spin off) and Suite Life of Zack and Cody thanks to "That's So the Suite Life of Hannah Montana." So basically Disney's most popular shows take place in this made-up political world Disney has created.

    And I suppose I'd be open to a different political world in a show. But that's in general, and not if the president is portrayed as an idiot who makes balloon animals to get his daughter's class to like him (could not stand that storyline). And I do NOT think it is appropriate for Disney to be addressing politics at all. Granted, it's fake politics, but they're still bringing something into a kids show that shouldn't be there.

    I'm sorry if I sound like a hater or a troll, but my sister watches this show every freakin' time it's on and I just had to say something.


    I agree with everything you're saying here buddy.

    But all of the other disney channel shows arent FOCUSED on this political world, they just happen to have the same president (i guess). CITH is mainly about that world, which IS inappropriate.


    I know the other shows don't focus on politics; I was just pointing out that they take place in the same world. But thanks for agreeing with me!


    I can't believe any of you. You say Cory in the House is bad becuase it puts kids in a pubble against the real world of politcs which isn't as perfect. What do you think Hannah Montana does. Celebrities are seen hanging out backstage or going to supervised parties with the only problem are nasty papperazzi. Drugs, alcohol, and sex tapes do not exist in that world.

    Face it. Nothing on the Disney Channel exists within the realm of reality.


    What really happens at a party is not what's being taught at the local elementary school... politiccs are. No one is saying DC is horrible for trying to create a positive outlook or realm for politics... it just could have been put together much better.If the show was funny and entertaining.. i wouldnt mind this... but the bad acting doesn't cover up the bad premise.


    Oh, okay. If you think the actors aren't funny, then just say that. I can respect that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Life_Flamingo

    Life_Flamingo

    [48]Aug 9, 2007
    • member since: 04/12/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 654

    Dirk4MVP wrote:
    Jami393 wrote:
    I'm Glad that CITH is getting a Season 2
    Me too.

    Me 3. Hey aleast, it's better than watching nothing.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mamungroop

    mamungroop

    [49]Aug 13, 2007
    • member since: 10/09/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 187
    Taft06 wrote:
    Who knows... maybe Disney will assign the cast to acting lessons for the summer, and theyll come back better. I dont want to hate this show (believe it or not), its just the worst example of a live action DC show! And it's odd that its the worst when it's a spin off of the BEST!! It's sort of like a family of singers are EXTRA hard on the youngest child because great things are expected of them.. It's alot of pressure but it's just the way it is!

    I've been to a taping of an season 2 episode a few weeks ago and i must say that the acting is a lot better than in season one. Especially Maiara's acting.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of minerva73

    minerva73

    [50]Aug 13, 2007
    • member since: 03/25/06
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 4,811
    I wonder how they will do the credits? Will they keep it the same or change it? There are no clips from episodes in the opening credits to update, so they'll have to probably change the entire thing or leave it the same.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Life_Flamingo

    Life_Flamingo

    [51]Aug 15, 2007
    • member since: 04/12/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 654
    Who knows, there might be another new character in Season 2.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Stonecold61

    Stonecold61

    [52]Aug 18, 2007
    • member since: 08/12/07
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 277
    senor_fritz wrote:

    Judging by how dead the forums of this show appear to be, you would think it was unpopular. I mean, just go and compare it to the HM forums...

    The way I see it, any and all potential interest I might have had for this show got squashed as soon as I saw the premise. It's impossible for me to enjoy this once I realize that the characters are actually interacting with a flippin' made-up president. Disney is known for going beyond the parameters of conventional realism in their shows, but going as far as creating an alternate political reality, especially considering the current political climate in the real world? are you kidding me?

    Honestly, is it really that healthy to provide the kids in America with such extreme form of escapism?

    u spend 2 much time typing.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Adam_Dicy

    Adam_Dicy

    [54]Aug 19, 2007
    • member since: 06/18/05
    • level: 89
    • rank: Solid Gold Dancer
    • posts: 1,810
    I for one enjoyed when Raven came to surprise Cory and Victor, I'm so glad that Cory in the House is getting a 2nd season. I'm surprised that the Complete First Season of The Suite Life of Zack and Cody and That's So Raven or Phil of the Future aren't available on DVD yet, why is that?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jcd91

    jcd91

    [55]Aug 20, 2007
    • member since: 06/11/05
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 961

    Adam_Dicy wrote:
    I for one enjoyed when Raven came to surprise Cory and Victor, I'm so glad that Cory in the House is getting a 2nd season. I'm surprised that the Complete First Season of The Suite Life of Zack and Cody and That's So Raven or Phil of the Future aren't available on DVD yet, why is that?

    I don't belive that Disney Channel releases full seasons of there shows on DVD. They only release 4 episodes at a time.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of deshaun10

    deshaun10

    [56]Aug 24, 2007
    • member since: 09/26/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,361

    minerva73 wrote:
    I wonder how they will do the credits? Will they keep it the same or change it? There are no clips from episodes in the opening credits to update, so they'll have to probably change the entire thing or leave it the same.

    That's a good thought. I wonder how they'll do it too. I think they need to change it a bit..maybe at the beginning when Cory and his dad are driving it can be the same, but I think they should add clips from the show after that.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of possible234

    possible234

    [58]Aug 29, 2007
    • member since: 11/03/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 35

    i cant wait for the second season! I love this show!! I think it deserves a second season

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Vercetti2497

    Vercetti2497

    [59]Aug 29, 2007
    • member since: 11/27/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 77
    I liked Season 1 and I hope I like Season 2.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ilovemiley300

    Ilovemiley300

    [60]Sep 16, 2007
    • member since: 05/24/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 1,386

    Taft06 wrote:
    Who knows... maybe Disney will assign the cast to acting lessons for the summer, and theyll come back better. I dont want to hate this show (believe it or not), its just the worst example of a live action DC show! And it's odd that its the worst when it's a spin off of the BEST!! It's sort of like a family of singers are EXTRA hard on the youngest child because great things are expected of them.. It's alot of pressure but it's just the way it is!

    Taft06 what's your problem? all i heard you do in this forum is bash this show mindlessly. just chill out man it's just a Tv show it's not supposed to be taken seriously. Ok so it has a fake president, but then again a lot movies and shows feature fake presidents. and the acting is not so badKyle Massey is moderadly funny and Jason Dolley and Maiara Walsh are great in their respective rols and so the other actors the show is great just give it a chance. if you don't like it then just don't watch it or do a review im sorry if i sounded rude but just can't stand people like you

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.