Cory in the House Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2008)

Not renewed for Season 3?

Poweranimals

[1]Apr 17, 2008
    • level: 12
    Both Hannah Montana and Wizards were given another season at Disney's upfronts. Suite Life is doing a spin off and there's another new show about the Jonas Brothers. No mention of Cory in the House so it looks like season 2 is the end. I can't really say that I'm surprised though. It was never that popular.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

doggieal1000

[2]Apr 19, 2008
    • level: 15
    Poweranimals wrote:
    Both Hannah Montana and Wizards were given another season at Disney's upfronts. Suite Life is doing a spin off and there's another new show about the Jonas Brothers. No mention of Cory in the House so it looks like season 2 is the end. I can't really say that I'm surprised though. It was never that popular.
    i only like season 2

yugaton88

[3]Apr 19, 2008
    • level: 22
    But S2 is good, I want a Season Three!

icougar17

[4]Apr 26, 2008
    • level: 2
    what ever happened to cory loveing meena

Adam_Dicy

[5]May 7, 2008
    • level: 89
    Poweranimals wrote:

That's a total bummer. Cory in the House is my favorite show, if it gets cancelled I'll be so mad. The Wizards of Waverly Place is a show that I don't even understand at all and that show should be cancelled period. Hannah Montana, The Suite Life are fantastic programs. But the should save Cory in the House from cancellation, at least show Raven more from time to time.

boopbopbeep

[6]May 13, 2008
    • level: 10
    just bring back thats so raven.this is how it would start.ravens done at college and comes back home and cory and victor come back and tonya and victor are divorced.

MillionaireMan6

[7]May 15, 2008
    • level: 16
    They should end CITH after the 2nd season and bring TSR back and they should have Season 5 take place after CITH got ended. Here's what the new plot would be: Cory and Victor just returned to San Francisco from the White House and Raven is home from college for Summer Vacation and she, Eddie, Chelsea, Cory and Victor go through situations over their Summer. What do you think?

gba99

[8]May 19, 2008
    • level: 4

MillionaireMan6 wrote:
    They should end CITH after the 2nd season and bring TSR back and they should have Season 5 take place after CITH got ended. Here's what the new plot would be: Cory and Victor just returned to San Francisco from the White House and Raven is home from college for Summer Vacation and she, Eddie, Chelsea, Cory and Victor go through situations over their Summer. What do you think?

That sounds pretty good, but I'd prefer more Corry though.

SweetHart212

[9]May 25, 2008
    • level: 2

I found out that for a fact Cory in the House will not be renewed for Season 3. A spokesperson said that many new episodes will still air but it is not being renewed for Season 3. Wizards of Waverly place has been renewed for Season 2. I was reading somewhere that a spokesperson was saying that Miley Cyrus was outgrowing "Hannah Montana". I was to lazy to read the whole story so i am not sure if it is coming back for Season 3. I will post an update once i read the article.

Just wanted to clear up a few things because just like you, i hate having my favorite shows being said they are cancelled.

Thankyou,

SweetHart212 =]

nickel2006

[10]May 25, 2008
    • level: 48
    SweetHart212 wrote:

I found out that for a fact Cory in the House will not be renewed for Season 3. A spokesperson said that many new episodes will still air but it is not being renewed for Season 3. Wizards of Waverly place has been renewed for Season 2. I was reading somewhere that a spokesperson was saying that Miley Cyrus was outgrowing "Hannah Montana". I was to lazy to read the whole story so i am not sure if it is coming back for Season 3. I will post an update once i read the article.

Just wanted to clear up a few things because just like you, i hate having my favorite shows being said they are cancelled.

Thankyou,

SweetHart212 =]

I'm guessing you got that from J-14 magazine? I'm reading that article right now

NYMan74

[11]May 25, 2008
    • level: 1

There's no doubt that Cory in the House was just a casuality from the Writer's Strike and there probably would have been a season 3 if it had not occured.

my-suite-life07

[12]May 26, 2008
    • level: 16

To tell you the truth, I'm not that sad that CITH is not renewed for Season 3 because I thought TSR was way better than CITH. I like MilloinareMan6's idea about a Season 5 for TSR

Poweranimals

[13]Jun 1, 2008
    • level: 12
    NYMan74 wrote:

There's no doubt that Cory in the House was just a casuality from the Writer's Strike and there probably would have been a season 3 if it had not occured.

I doubt it really mattered in the grand scheme of things. Disney has their plates full with new shows now (Suite Life on Deck, J.O.N.A.S., and Welcome to Mollywood) and you can't really think that CITH had a big fanbase.

android1000

[14]Jun 5, 2008
    • level: 21
    Well, I think it was the right decision even though I liked this show because if they would have kept it then they wouldn't be able to handle it all.

erinlouise

[17]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 8
    Personally, I like Cory in the House. But I don't LOVE it. Now Hannah Montana, The Suite Life, That's So Raven,ect. THOSE are shows I love. Raven's career has gone downward majorly since TSR ended. She's going a Pajama Party tour with some band of 3 sisters called "The Clique". If I were her, I'd totally go back to TSR. Her appeareance on Cory was phenomonal (spelled it wrong.)
    for ambikaaaaa - cory in the house
    It's crazy that Disney assumed a spin-off of a popular tv show could compete with iCarly and H20 and all the Nick shows. Hannah Montana can, but not Cory in the House.
    madison pettis and maiara walsh Maiara needs to find another show, and fast. It's Summer that most shows have openings, and young talent like Demi Lovato's is key. Maiara can sing, maybe a CD is in the cards. Jason Dolley also has movies and such going on. Kyle Massey is funny enough, and famous enough to find something new.

WAVY10

[18]Jun 23, 2008
    • level: 8
    erinlouise wrote:
    Personally, I like Cory in the House. But I don't LOVE it. Now Hannah Montana, The Suite Life, That's So Raven,ect. THOSE are shows I love. Raven's career has gone downward majorly since TSR ended. She's going a Pajama Party tour with some band of 3 sisters called "The Clique". If I were her, I'd totally go back to TSR. Her appeareance on Cory was phenomonal (spelled it wrong.)
    for ambikaaaaa - cory in the house
    It's crazy that Disney assumed a spin-off of a popular tv show could compete with iCarly and H20 and all the Nick shows. Hannah Montana can, but not Cory in the House.
    madison pettis and maiara walsh Maiara needs to find another show, and fast. It's Summer that most shows have openings, and young talent like Demi Lovato's is key. Maiara can sing, maybe a CD is in the cards. Jason Dolley also has movies and such going on. Kyle Massey is funny enough, and famous enough to find something new.

I've never been much of a CITH fan, but seeing its (potential) cancellation is a bit saddening in a sense because (until the upcoming J.O.N.A.S. series and/or The Suite Life on Deck premiers and doesn't morph into the London and insert other female character's name here show like the writers did with the parent show morphing into the London and Maddie show in Season 2) this is the last currently produced series I know of on Disney at least attempting to target a male audience.

thesuitelife44

[19]Jun 24, 2008
    • level: 13
    Adam_Dicy wrote:
    Poweranimals wrote:

That's a total bummer. Cory in the House is my favorite show, if it gets cancelled I'll be so mad. The Wizards of Waverly Place is a show that I don't even understand at all and that show should be cancelled period. Hannah Montana, The Suite Life are fantastic programs. But the should save Cory in the House from cancellation, at least show Raven more from time to time.

Actually, Wizards of Waverly Place has a lot of potential, even though you don't seem to understand the storyline. CITH is a show that was not popular, and the viewings dropped so they are canceling it.

JtLib4evR

[20]Jul 2, 2008
    • level: 5
    I, for one, am sorry to see CITH go but its becoming painfully obvious were TDC & TEENICK seem to be removing or not nurturing its shows that prominately involve African-Americans i.e. Just Jordan and TSR which put disney on the map didn't even get a proper series finale!!! WTF!!! I'm happy that Disney FINALLY decided to prominately feature lead Latina characters (Nick's been doing for over a decade!!)

I'm definetely sure that J.O.N.A.S or Welcome to Mollywood probably won't feature any teenage African-American characters in main supporting roles either.

Let's continue to show ALL the diverse colors of rainbow.

The ONLY new DC show I'll be looking forward to is Suite Life On Deck only because of Brenda Song/London and Phill Lewis/Mr. Moseby their so talented and funny.