Cory in the House

Disney Channel (ended 2008)

TVTome_Shadow

Cory in the House Fan Reviews (168)

7.6
  • i love cory in the house

cory in the house is my favorite show i love it very much <333333333333333333333333333333333333333 it is awesome
  • REALLY DUMB SHITE

Read the title!
  • It was OK.

This show was OK. It was and will never be as good as it's predecessor, That's So Raven but it was decent.
  • I dnt think so, no thank u.

This was an awful idea!!!
  • This show should have never been kicked out of the house.

OK. That was lame. But this show is awesome. I mean really. Spin-offs of good shows are usually awful because they come a long time after the show itself and therefore they need to appeal to today's audience. But this show is awesome. Sure there are some flaws here and there, but over-all, awesome.
  • Was this necessary at all?

I never was a big fan of That's So Raven, but I did find that show to be entertaining enough. But was a spin off needed at all? Cory in the House is about Mr. Baxter and Cory moving into the White House after the President invites them to be Mr. Baxter's cook. Now there is already a huge problem with the premise. Does the President of the USA really have time to go to some random person's house and make them a chef of the White House? Shouldn't he at least send an email or a letter? The actors in this show are just terrible. Kyle Massey was pretty good as Cory, and Rondell Sheridan was good as Mr. Baxter, but everyone else was just terrible. The President himself act immature and doesn't seem ideal for a leader. The stories themselves seem like rehashes from That's So Raven or are stories already done with little creativity added. The humor in this show is just juvenile humor that didn't get a smirk from me. They of course added a pointless laugh track in this show. Occasionally Raven will make a cameo appearance but it would have been nice to see her more on the show. In the end, Cory in the House was just an unwanted spin off to a mediocre show. The characters are annoying and flat, the acting ranges from acceptable to terrible, the humor is bad, and the stories are bland. Just stick with That's So Raven instead of this junk.
  • What have they done to Raven?

I don't like this show all the character(even Cory)try to be too funny.The only charactwer I like is Newt Livingston I hated the others!(including Sophie that spoiled brat who gets letted away with everything).Lately reality show have been crap(except for The Suite Life on deck,Good Luck Charlie,Victorious,Sonny with a Chance and Kung Fu Panda Legends of awesomeness)everything else is going downhill and this didn't help one bit.
  • This show is pretty bad.

2.5
    This show is a spin off of That's so Raven and as usual it's not as good as the show that they've based it on. Okay, I don't actually remember the plot to this show but I think what happens is that Raven's dad Victor and her brother Corey move into the White House, hence the title, as Victor has been hired as the President's new chef. If I'm wrong, and I apologise if I am, then it's probably some equally silly cack somewhere along the lines of that. Now, to be honest this show isn't as bad as some of the other Disney Channel shows but it most certainly isn't good or worth watching.
  • Good but come on?

How the heck does the president come to your door and ask for you to be the cook in the white house, i mean come on. Good show, quite good actually, i dont know why everyone hates it so much but the plot is a bit cheesy, the president is too happy and has too much free time. Also why is there an annoying tour guide lady who always says "No Way no waaaaaaay" I wish the show was realised on dvd but its one of the shows id watch once all the way through then leave it at that:P
  • No one will watch this. Oh, wait--no one did.

This idea is the worst in a million ideas. Was the worst, sorry. It was a miracle this debacle lasted until September. What pinhead came up with a spinoff to That's So Raven, a cheesy (I admit it, it was sorta cheesy) yet original show from the 2000's? The PRESIDENT'S A PINHEAD IN HERE!!! What president has time to hire a chef, or partake in "wacky" adventures? Perhaps the presidents in the Disneyverse are dumber than real presidents? It makes me ashamed to be a member of this proud American country...who ran this tripe? Who? Who? Ibid says "Who? Who?"
  • What to say? what to say?

I liked it. it wasn't as amazing as That's so Raven but it was good. not the funniest show ever but still enjoyable. but you got to admit that it is better then alot of the shows now on disney. I don't even watch tv any more because of the lack of entertainment now a days! I kind of miss this show. I think that every show should have a proper ending. good or bad it doesn't matter because some where there is someone who likes that show and doesn't want to just see it canceled. I'm just saying! I like this show.
  • Cheesy

Let's see. The president comes to Cory's door and wants Cory's dad to be a chef. Well, that's just corny. The whole show is. It's full of cheesy, phony acting, terrible special effects, gag-like story writing, and bland jokes. In fact, this show was so bad it only lasted 1 season. I already wasn't a fan of "That's so Raven", so I got mad when this Cory dude got his own show. The only actor I even liked in this show was that guy who played the chicken mascot in "Hatching Pete".

Overall, a big flop/fail of a show that deserved to be kicked off the air sooner.
  • Abysmal

Wow, so one of the annoying kids from "That's Raven" (not even that great of a show to begin with) gets his own crappy sitcom. Disney Channel has become so freaking bad, it's almost laughable. With the slight exception of Phineas and Ferb and Good Luck Charlie and Wizards, the channel has practically no good shows. This show was basiclly "That's Raven" wit Cory insted of Raven. To put it straight, I would rather be subjected to 10 minutes of Patrick saying "I love you" on Youtube than watch 2 minutes of this crap. Disney's worst show in a while. 0/10 F-
  • Words Can't Describe How Bad I think this show Is

Really, this show was dumb. I have seen like 8 or so episodes, maybe more. It's just dumb and not funny. Cory has many plans to get rich, so in that aspect it is like Raven. His friend Newt is dumb. HA! He's dumb. It doesn't equal good writing skills to make a character so dumb. He irritated me. Why do people think dumb characters are automatically funny?

The plots of this show are dumb too. They are just Raven with Raven. This show should never have been made.

This show isn't Disney Channel bad, it's just BAD. Glad it was canceled

5 reason this show tanked because of how bad it. I mean Cory is just watered down version of an original series.here are my five reasons why this show is stupid. 1. a kid living in the white house and stupid one at that.2 i hate when every time the president always reminds us he's the president and the camera zoom's in on his face it's not funny.3 The presidents daughter Sophie is such a brat i mean she forces the secret service agents to have Cory and his friends to play with her when they should be doing more important things with their job.4.Mina the girl Cory likes is so beautiful and so annoying at the same time. And number 5 this shows jokes are just corny i mean did 3 year old's right this or what. the bottom line i hate this and i'm glad it's cancelled.this show belongs in the trash with other Disney failures. they should call this show bory in the house because its boring.and another thing why are all the character stupid does disney think making them stupid it automatically funny.the only ones who are are stupid and automatically funny are Homer Simpson and peter griffen.Cory is just another step forward towards and abortion.
  • Kyle Massey in over his head.

I was always a fan of That's So Raven while it was still running, and even if it was not at it's best at some part in the 4th season, I still thought it was good enough for a movie. But no, we got a spin-off instead. And now Raven's little brother Cory is trying to fill in some pretty big shoes.

Now, for a spin-off, I would expect a brillient continuation of the original. But how does it comare?! That's So Raven was kind of a modern day "I Love Lucy"-like show featuring the comedic involvement of supernatural powers. I mean, a teenage girl with psychic powers who often get into weird senarios with the undpredictablity of her psychic visions but has her friends and family to back her up when times get tough; now that's promissing! Now as for the show in question... A boy named Cory, who has his mind full of cocky business ideas, moves into the White House when his dad is hired as the head chef. The concept is pretty original, but the show itself falls flat. Now, Cory has a new life at the Presidential estate, new friends Newt (a slow-witted wannabe rocker) and Meena (a sweet yak-loving girl), and a new pain in the butt, Sophie (America's "so-called" angel), but with a lack of good judgement, he often sets the bars too high and ends up taking everyone up and down with him.

I have thought that Kyle Massey was a pretty good actor. He was so funny in Life is Ruff and did very well in That So Raven as the "original Cory Baxter". But in Cory in the House, his acting career totally went down and so did his voice (ironic, isn't it?). It's like Cory totally has everything set up for him to mess up and the turn-out always leaves you feeling aggitated. In the show, I could not believe even half the things Kyle Massey said, like both he and his character are trying to be something that they are not. Kyle tries to a leading man in a suppositely hit sitcom, while Cory tries to be a businessman and a 'lady's man' (blech!) in a new, totally overrated environment. I just cannot grasp the concept of what kind of enjoyment that they are trying to have portrayed in this show! This is where good acting and a fine plot takes place in a tv show, but there is a strong lack of that in this show.

I don't know what Disney Channel could have done differently, but the best thing I can think of is 'thinking' while they are 'trying'. I'm not saying it's the worst show in the world and that it's Kyle Massey's or the rest of the cast's fault, but it just can't compare to the humor and charm of the first series.
  • This is one of the many reasons I hate the new Disney channel

How can I even begin to review this terrible show? I watched That's so Raven growing up and COry always added a little something to the show. Now he is out on his own. Why? He is not a good actor for a show of his own. Maybe when I was ten years old I would have liked it, but i don't know. I tried watching an episode or two and It was extremely boring and retarded. The jokes are horrible and there is tons of bad acting throughout the show. Disney channel could replace this trash with something like "Even Stevens" or "Phil Of The Future", or even "House of Mouse".
  • Cory's sister Raven comes to the White House and has a vision and a classic "That's so Raven" adventure takes place.

This is the best so far. It is a real classic. I love that they brought Raven to do a guest shot on it. It could and should have be a two parter. It is a personal favorite of mine. I hope they bring Raven back again. It wold be also nice to have her come back with either Chelsea her best friend or even her mother. I also thought the title was very cleaver how there combined the title of the two shows into the episode title. what trouble could Cory and his friends get into with a vision of Ravens. I hope we get to find out someday.
  • This show is awful....and here are my reasons

3.5
    Now I never watched alot of thats so raven but I do remeber that corys dad owned a retraunt called the chill grill which didnt seem very popular.And now they made a show called cory in the house where his dad was hired by the president to cook for him???...........Heres what i dont get of all the cooking chiefs why didnt he have to pick him.Also I never found this show funny .And its really hard to believe in the story because it seems so unrealistic.And of all the trouble they caused in the white house It shouldent be a suprise that the president would fire him but he dosent because hes to forgiving Its not like hes irreplaceable.

SO 3.5 out of 10.00 seems fair.
  • It was better than That's So Raven.

7.2
    This show might of been as bad as people said in some parts, but it did have it's moments. I liked Cory better than Raven from the few episodes that I bared to watch of That's So Raven anyhow. Victor's a pretty cool dad. He may be embarrassing if he was actually my dad in some ways, but as an actor, he was sort of funny. But hey - my dad works for the White House! So I would be proud of him for that. The President was a good man and was pretty funny. He was probably my favorite character on the show if I have one. His daughter, Sophie, was annoying. She's controlling, demanding, and has an attitude. When she grows up, I could see her being like a Jackie (Mila Kunis) from That '70s Show. Cory's friends, Newt and Meena, were good. Newt may of been made too stupid, but he was probably the funniest character on the show, and is up there with favorite character, also. Meena's a good person, too. I liked her, but was kind of a fan of her and Cory being together, but that might be too late now as the show has been cancelled. It deserved to go longer than That's So Raven.
  • Don't waste your time with this show.

2.8
    Hey, I liked That's So Raven, I consider myself a semi-fan of Disney Channel. The shows have been going downhill in laughs and quality, but this show made it go to rock bottom.

It's unfunny, poorly acted (mostly by the father), and has some of the worst and cheesiest plots ever.

Cory moves from San Fransisco to the White House due to the fact the president chose him to be his personal chef. Not only does the sets look NOTHING like the White House, you know what I will make a list for you.

1 - Nothing like Washington D.C. or the White House 2 - The President is like one of those guys sitting on a bus drinking a beer, in other words, a complete waste.

3 - Every episode is like "Cory has a Scam Idea! He does it, it works, then fails, then he gives a heartfelt apology." 4 - Cory is plain annoying and unlikeable. Newt is the same, he's so dumb, it's unfunny. Boy Meets World was the first show to do that, and it was hilarious. TSR did it to, it was fine. Then The Suite Life of Zack and Cody did it, Kinda boring, now this. Extremely Lame! I've only laughed once in this entire shows running, please, don't watch it.
  • Who in there right mind watches this?

Okay that's So Raven was pretty good, but then it started to get crappy really fast. So now they make a re-make of this? Putting Cory as the Star!!? I mean, the entertainment isn't that funny, the show is so fake and horrible, I can't even watch it. I can't believe the cancelled good shows! To put this piece of crap on here!! This show sucks so bad I wish disney would take it off the air and show some other decent shows that are better. Yup that's my take on it. Sucky show that is a complete waste of time.
  • Kind of a B+ - A- kind of show.

First off, let me tell you that all the people who say that this show is horrible are exagerating. This is a perfectly good show with good characters and a good plot, but it is still no where near That's So Raven's quality. This show seems to be a show comprised of returning people (Jake Thomas as Jason Stickler, Rondell Sheridon as the Chef, Kyle Massey as Cory), which, depending on your view point, is either good or bad. Raven has not appeared in the show yet, but there is a rumor that she will along with Cory and Raven's mother. Overall, good show, definently worth your time.
  • why!!!! why!!! why dear TV gods why!!!

why!!!! why!!! why dear TV gods why!!!they can\\\\\\\'t do this im soo scared disney is lowering their standers for good shows! i think im ganna cry! who next who alyson stoner from TSL! why won\\\\\\\'t they stop! why!!!!!! they can\\\\\\\'t do this to me! the cancel POTF and the weekenders and recsse!! i loved those shows and they never fail to make me mad i bet next year they\\\\\\\'ll kick off TSL too just to tick me off the goes hannah and then they will have one less viewer. anyway cory in the house looks stupid spin off were never meant to be please just let the show stay off and the reruns play!! is that so hard! the only good spin off was a different world!!cory in the house sucks!
  • Not the best spin-off I have ever seen.

5.4
    Cory in the House is a less than excellent show about Cory Baxter moving into the White House as his dad is now the president's chef. I saw the first two episodes and after all the hype Disney Channel gave it, I was very disappointed. The new actors/actresses on the show quite frankly are terrible, and the storylines are stupid. The president's assistant (cannot remember her name) has really stupid jokes and I hate her. The son of the CIA directer, come on! Cory's friends are good, but all together, maybe they should move back to San Fran (That's So Raven)!
  • After That's So Raven ended, I was eager to try out Cory in the House. It's not a good show...

2.5
    That's so Raven was once my favorite show. After it was canceled, I really wanted to try out Cory in the House. It seemed like a reasonable plot and I was excited to see him act in his own show. Unfortunately, with an unbelievable plot and unenjoyable characters, Cory in the House falls flat on its face.

So it's basically about a Raven's little brother, Cory, and her father that move to the White House because the dad gets a job as chef while Raven is off the collage and the mom is in Europe studying law. I'm not sure if it's true but... does a White House chef actually life in the White House? And I'm sure that a chef isn't the president's best friend. The president has too much to worry about than a White House Chef - but not in Cory in the House. In the show, Cory seems to be the president's number one concern. Every new character is a stereotypical Disney Channel character and it seems that the things taken from that's so Raven are the only good things about the show.

Overall, Cory in the House is a terrible excuse for a sequel to That's So Raven. Don't watch it - especially if you were a fan of the other show.
  • Despite all the hate this show is funny great and completely deserving of a fan base and in my opinion greater than That's so Raven

This show.

It's great the characters are believable the story makes sense and it's great.

I use to be a hater of the series too until i watched it and fell in love with it. I get the hate in the way that it's a spin off series and the actor that plays Cory isn't exactly liked, but come on this show is just great!

The comedy makes sense and the timing is right i actually laugh at this show sometimes and it's better than most "Sitcom" type shows out there.

I won't go into much detail, but just watch it again and try to let your mind be open. This is coming from a used to be hater. Overall great show, very funny and deserves to be on the air,
  • No! I want that's so raven!

1.9
    I was sad that's so raven ended. so when they said there's gonna be a spinoff I tried to check it out I do like the plot though, but everything else sucks. it was just unrealistic the family is all divided. The mom is in law school, raven is in college and cory and his father went to washington. the acting is really lame!, Kyle Massey's attempt of rapping is way uncool! he can't rap! This is a bad spinoff, That's so raven was waaaaaaaaaay better! I dunno why I even thought this was gonna be good? Ugh. Overall I dislike this show
  • Cory Baxter and his father move to D.C. for new adventures in the White House. Starring: Kyle Massey, Jason Dolley, Maiara Walsh, Madison Pettis, John D'Aquino, and Rondell Sheridan

That's So Raven's spin-off started off horrible and ended even worse. The most appealing part of That's So Raven was the character of Raven Baxer (Raven Symone) and her visions. Cory in the House is horrible compared to That's So Raven. The plotlines are decent in the series, but marked with bad humor, cruel jokes and the idea that the First Daughter is a brat. Not to mention that President Rodriguez (John D'Aquino) does absolutely nothing and should not be in office. It gives a poor representation of what our President actually does. The show placed its own Chelsea (played by That's So Raven's Annelise Van Der Pool) in Newt (Jason Dolley) whose performance is unbalanced, along with the typical annoyingness of Cory (played by even more annoying Kyle Massey). I had heard that Kyle Massey was going to be in a new series for Disney Channel and was excited as I hated Cory and wanted to see a new character played by the good actor. However, I have seen him in several projects and he always plays the exact same character which annoys the crap out of me. The bright side of this show is the great performances and hopefully star quality in series regulars Madison Pettis, Maiara Walsh and Rondell Sheridan. Three cheers for these great actors and three boos for this horrible and laugh at not with show.
  • mmmmmmmmmmmmm

well i like it but it gett sooo anwing i hate the showwww its not funnny i think there trying to make the show funny but there not
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,, , , , , mmmm m m mm mm m u u uu u u uu u uu u uuu u u u u uu u u u jjjjjjj jjj j j j jj j j j j jj j j jj j jjjj j j jj jjj j j j j jjj jj :p
< 1 2 3 4 5 6