Cougar Town

No Reason to Cry

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM Jan 05, 2011 on TBS

7.1

Cougar Town is a good show but there was just too much things wrong with this episode. I like Courtney Cox, don't get me wrong, but her character definitely needs some fine tuning. The Jules character is extremely exaggerated and over the top, it comes to a point where she becomes unlikable and unfunny.

Also since when is this show solely focused on Jules & Grayson's relationship, every episode this season has been focused on the two. The definite highlight was definitely Ellie & Andy. I'm sure a lot of couples go through what they go through, and they're just the most realistic of the bunch, everyone else is pretty much absurd, but some are absurd for the better.

What was with the product placement? Is this show running out of money? The Dr. Pepper placement was distracting and incredibly annoying, not to mention it was obviously product placement. Cougar Town couldn't even be subtle about it. Grayson saying he was in love with Jules was predictable. I knew it would happen when the show started.

Cougar Town is a good show, and the ratings on this website are undeserved, but this was honestly a weak offering.
MNT