Coupling

The Man with Two Legs

Aired Unknown Sep 03, 2001 on BBC Three

• Jeff in his inimitable way is attracted to a perfect stranger. But when he meets her, a little problem comes up...

When Jeff is attracted to a gorgeous woman he sees on his train every day (at least attracted to her right leg and the back of her head), he finally manages to meet her. There's just one slight problem -- he is congenitally unable to speak to beautiful women without making a fool of himself. So what does he do after sticking his foot in his mouth yet again? It's simple -- if you're Jeff. He tells her he's had a leg amputated. From there the laughs flow freely as Jeff tries to find a way to have a relationship with her, while hiding the fact that he has one too many legs!

This is quite simply one of the funniest episodes of television I've ever seen! Definitely in my top ten -- and probably top five!
  • "It's a great leg. And brunette." - Jeff Murdoch

Jeff's in love...with a leg! He eventually meets the woman attached, and they end up going out. One very very small problem; Jeff told her he had one of his leg's amputated! She's absolutely hot.."but I can't take my trousers off!"
    Sally's dating a guy called Liam. He's a surgeon. And she doesn't want the boys to start discussing sex with him. That's a shame. He's 'knitting-pattern' gorgeous, and there's nothing 'much' wrong with him. How does Sally know it's love, and not just great sex? "You're here."
    Susan and Steve are still going strong, which is good to see. Jane needs someone. An absolute cracker of an episode!
  • Jeff becomes obsessed with a woman that he sees on the train every day on his way to work.

This episode is one of the better episodes revolving around Jeff. Jeff and women equals funny! Jeff beomes obsessed with a woman that he sees on the train every day on his way to work. When the woman sits next to him one day jeff says the wrong thing, which causes him to be caught up in a lie. One of the funniest moments in the episode is when Steve comes up to Jeff during his date with the woman and asks how it's going. Jeff replies, "I've got too many legs." This episode is definately worth multiple viewings because it keeps up the level of funny.