Courage the Cowardly Dog

A Night at the Katz Motel / Cajun Granny Stew

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Nov 12, 1999 on Cartoon Network

• perfect

a night at the katz motel- courage, eustace, and muriel stay at a motal that is seemingly haunted by various things. courage will have to battle the owner, katz, to escape, will he win or will he lose?

cajun granny stew- muriel is in danger of being in a stew, courage needs to fight the cat that kidnapped her, will he be able to save muriel or is this the end?

Good pilot episodes. It isn't the best pilot ever but it did a good job at exploring courage, eustace, and muriel's characters, and so it gets an A+ from me
  • I decided to watch this show again. Used to be one of my favourites, still is actually. I'm not suprised these 2 episodes are grouped together, they were one of the more memorable ones. Anyway, here's the review

A Night At The Katz Motel:
    I love this one. I really like Katz. This episode is made in a more "creepier" style, and I think it's successful in capturing the atmosphere, no matter how strange the plot is (The writers ALWAYS come up with strange plots). Everything in this episode was on spot. Although they took it too far with the spiders a bit, and the sport scene was a little dragged, still amazing.
    Shining Moment: Katz himself.
    Rating: 10/10

Cajun Granny Stew:
    More comical, less creepier than Katz motel. No matter. This is also great. The plot was good, the fox, while he looks and acts like a less-scarier version of Katz, is a good character, and the whole episode is full of NONSENSE, but that's what makes this series so great. Another fine example
    Shining Moment: "I got a stew to do!"
    Rating: 9/10

Both of these episodes were really good. Although Katz had a little problems, and Stew didn't "break" me or something, I love both of these episodes.
  • I fell in love with this show from day one.

Seeing these episodes again brought back nostalgic feelings. The Katz Motel was a really creepy place. No Dogs were allowed so Courage had to sleep on the porch. It was so funny when the spider was coming and Courage tried everyhting to break free. Spiders is one of my biggest fears so that Motel would definitely give me the creeps. It was an exciting episode and a great way to start a classic series. My favorite though was Cajun Granny Stew. Fox really wanted Muriel and he did all he could to get her. It was a fun and exciting episode. I laughed the whole way through how Courage would get her then Fox and they kept going back and forth. It kinda reminded of a Looney Tune type thing. The end was classic though because the Fox thought for sure he was about to get some Granny Stew. But Courage saved the day. I loved these episodes and I love the entire series.
  • this episode was one of my favs it was the first and one of the best

courage is so awesome when they first started showing courage on tv i thought it was the koolest show ever.i would watch the new episode every fri after school at 8:00pm and ever since then it has been like my fav show in the world.on the following monday i would go to school and talk to all my friends about it cause they would watch it as well and we all really enjoyed talking about it.Now they rarely even show courage on tv anymore cartoon top 5 is the only time i ever see it i sure do miss courage that was such a great show i hope that one day they will continue the series on tv again.