We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Courage the Cowardly Dog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2002)

Has anyone elses world changed since it went off the air?

Dogofcurage

[1]Jul 16, 2009
    • level: 5
    I don't know what went on to end this show so early there have been HORRIBLE shows that have been rated low and still have been on longer then courage i think with the proper amount of support courage would be given another chance we can only hope the show made me happy. the world had good feeling back in 2000 i don't know what it was Christmas felt like Christmas fall felt like fall i believe it was TV back then that gave the world its feeling and motivation to do well in life. Did you notice once all of the good shows like courage went off the world seems to be dull and have no feeling. I remember in DEC. of 2000 right before i went to bed on December24th i felt full of spirt. "No not wine..." woke up at six happy turned on the TV. saw a Christmas marathon of The power puff girls and ed edd n eddy. i don't know what was going on was it because im just getting older? i doubt it tell me what you think. November 12 1999 was one of the best days of life. no one really knew what went 0n in November 2002 courage just slowly faded away and so did all the feelings of joy.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ed-Ventures

[2]Jul 25, 2009
    • level: 20

It isnt just because we are getting older I think when all the old cartoons dissapeared so did the spirit of being a child and having fun. I used to wake up in the morning and have something to look foward to but now I just lay in my bed thinking oh I have school or oh its just another day. But if cartoon cartoons were on I wouldn't mind getting up early for school because I could watch them as I got ready.

Dogofcurage

[3]Jul 30, 2009
    Yeah when the new guy got in charge i saw more cartoon cartoons on then they dissapeared it was like he was trying to get good ratings and he did because he was showing old shows.now he has stoped MAYBE we can push for a day/week of the month where they show old show the whole day or! a few a month i don't know what it is i dont look forward to waking up now days with all this crap on the TV! its really just starting to make me mad its like... i don't know after all the shows stoped coming on the world sorta hmmm lost money and all that right ? and it wasint just cartoon network who started to show crap it was every network.

Underdog121488

[4]Jul 31, 2009
    • level: 16
    I'll tell you the big thing that changed television for the worse.
    It was the Turner Broadcasting buyout.

It affected almost every channel and made the quality sink way down.

Dogofcurage

[5]Aug 1, 2009
    Yeah i can't belive they got bought out but god the only thing i watch on CTN is like fosters home... which isint really on anymore or that new ghost hunter thing i hate the live action shows but that KC chick is hot so... yah

Dogofcurage

[6]Aug 3, 2009
    Yeah life is so boring now days it seems like alls i do is try to get the world back the way it was. everyday feels the SAME fall used to be my fav. time of year but fall feels the same as summer spring and winter... winter used to feel awesome... the horrible thing is sometimes i think back to the winter of 2002.... it felt so good there was just a good feeling a spirt.. i no longer have spirt. i don't know what it is. i mean come on anyone else? i know people still have certin feelings like maybe you used to walk with you're girlfriend in the fall... and the fall had a diffrent feeling to it. but then she broke up with you and every year during fall alls you can think of is how great it used to feel. does anyone else... just i don't know does every day feel the SAME its driving my crazy.. i don't know why.. Im in highschool now and im thinking i like ELEMENTY school better just because of the feeling i mean come on! highschool is way better i get to weld and all that good stuff.. the lunch is better... i have more freedom. i remeber back in the halloween of 2001 i was stoped at my aunts house getting candy and courage was on. My MMA instructor is a counsler i talked to him about it. he said.. "Ive often felt that same way. i don't know what it is. he said well.. tv could be a good reason. he talked about how now days he doesint really watch tv very much and all of that because its gotten so horrible" knowing courage might never be back scars me inside. now im not trying to sound EMO its just. i don't understand i have no feeling left. i still have emotions and what not but hm... like i said every day feels the same. DULL. please post you're storys of how its changed you bellow.

KingofIPirates

[7]Aug 30, 2009
    • level: 32
    No my world didn't change much..

Underdog121488

[8]Aug 31, 2009
    I'd like to say that when I first saw this thread, I thought it was silly. I love Courage, but I didn't feel like the whole world changed when it went off the air.

I was wrong.

This was one of the last truly great cartoons.
    It was around the time that it was canceled that quality in animation began to sink. Now we're left with animation that is a shadow of its former self.

Kids today love their cartoons, but its only because they don't know any better. Most...don't even know what the Looney Toons were...most have never heard of Underdog, Mighty Mouse, or any of the old cartoons of yesteryear. Animation reached a high in the 90s with shows like Animaniacs, and after began to plummet.

Quality animation is on a decline. Its being pushed out of the way for tween shows. And on Cartoon Network of all places, too!

This may seem extreme, but if things don't change, we may be looking at the end of all toons. I give it 20 years unless things change.

Dogofcurage

[9]Aug 31, 2009
    They don't understand there was a main healdline on Tv.com the other day it talked about how dumb cartoon network was for re signing build destory build or whatever. When that happend the writer for the power puff girls said" I see no hope" and left. or somthing close to that. The one hope we has is a new channel will form and get all of the good writers from CTN since im sure since the show arnt on anymore get payed a low wage. And blows CTN out of the water. there a varius videos on youtube talking about Cartoon cartoon friday. i remeberd that i was like wow. And was like wow i remeber that. good days good days.. Cartoon network has its chance to go back in time and save everything. If they don't turn around soon all of there good writters are going to start walking out the door just like the power puff girls writer did.

Underdog121488

[10]Aug 31, 2009
    Whoa...do you mean Craig McCracken?
    He left Cartoon Network?

Oh man...he was like...the last good thing about the network.

Dogofcurage

[11]Aug 31, 2009
    Yeah it made the top page on tv.com im sure you could find it somewhere on here

Ed-Ventures

[12]Sep 27, 2009

The things I hate now are

- I am not allowed to go out for halloween now because i am to old

- I have to study for exams now

- When you go out with your friends all you do is talk and get in trouble because if you do anything else you get made fun of

- Summer and christmas have different feelings

- I hate my life now that I am older

- ect........

Underdog121488

[13]Sep 28, 2009
    Ed-Ventures wrote:

- When you go out with your friends all you do is talk and get in trouble because if you do anything else you get made fun of

- ect........

Dude, if you wanna go out on Halloween, do it. I'm 20 and I still trick or treat. Really...nobody cares as much as you think.

Halloween is my favorite holiday and i'll still celebrate how I want even when I get to be 70. You'll find me with a walker, trundling down the street in a Batman costume, going door to door for candy. Don't let other people make you feel bad about it. There's nothing wrong with it.

Dogofcurage

[14]Oct 1, 2009
    Well my world has changed. I used to wake up take a shower watch cartoons. Now i wake up take a shower and go back to sleep if i have school that day. Then i go to school looking forward to nothing so i fall asleep in half of my classes and don't care in the other half. Then i get hope turn the tv to CTN and frown then play world of warcraft. World of warcraft has good memorys i started playing it the last year that CTN was good. then guess what i go to bed rince and repeate only time i watch TV really is Hallowen and Chirstmas both of those times are when CTN plays good shows and the only times Hallowen is also my fav. time of the year.

Ed-Ventures

[15]Oct 2, 2009
    Underdog121488 wrote:
    Ed-Ventures wrote:

- ect........

Dude, if you wanna go out on Halloween, do it. I'm 20 and I still trick or treat. Really...nobody cares as much as you think.

Halloween is my favorite holiday and i'll still celebrate how I want even when I get to be 70. You'll find me with a walker, trundling down the street in a Batman costume, going door to door for candy. Don't let other people make you feel bad about it. There's nothing wrong with it.

I would go out for halloween but my mum and dad won't let me because they say im to old

Dogofcurage

[16]Nov 25, 2009
    wow i know i havent been on in a while seems like every time a take a break or get to busy to get on the computer somthing happens.My english techer has ment a lot to me this year it seems to sometimes turn more into a pholisphy class.Our class is really loud and ignorent besideds me and my friend siting in the back. So one day he ditched english and talked about how the world has changed today.ill list some of his main points and a few of my comments made here. One was girls and guys just can't be friends now days i agree people find it weird if you just walk around and have a girl or two with you. Apprently you're wierd if you are not going out with the girl and she thinks you're making a move if you say hey want to hang out after school. Another point he made was cell phones he said he feel sorry for us seeing our parents can moniter us where ever we go. we can't go out anymore just to get away from out parents because there alway asking if were OK and such.He didint take the approch that "Kids now days are all spoild and going to hell aproch" Another thing was TV. our english teacher was going to collage around 1999. He talked how tv had started to drop after 2004 "His last year of collage" I agreed of course. He said it had changed his life for the worse and other. Our english teacher also went over a few good thing that had happend he smokes. He said back when i was a kid you were weird if you didint smoke they had smoking aera's in schools he says very few teens smoke now days maybe one in about 45 start it and many that start it will stop seeing when they get out of there parents grasp they won't be able to afford 5-6 dollors a pack.By this time every one was quite and listing to the guy.So he said im not going to view you guys as a diffrent less suprior genration life was a lot better when i grew up.he said there are a lot of teachers out there that don't understand you but trust me i know what you guys are going through my daughter is around all of you're ages. This is a example of the many bad things that have changed our lives. i still see the TV chainging being the worst part of mine. And possibly the guys can't just hang out with girls toping the secound part of my list. Ok hope i broke some silence and can get a few replies thanks guys.

HORR0RFAN214

[18]Dec 14, 2009
    • level: 2

I Have To Agree With All The People In This Forum Talking.These Days I Feel Like I Don't Exist.I Believe The Classic Cartoons Made The World Feel Like You Existed.

Anti-Pants

[19]Dec 29, 2009
    • level: 2

Actually, Now that it has been mentioned I do feel that.

I don't HATE life after them, but it seemed that the world of cartoons lost a massive chunk of it's imagination and effort.

Anyone else notice that around then was then just about every other network clanked it's best shows, or they stopped making new episodes, and started to fade away?

Then I used to have something cool to watch all the time, be it CN or Bill Nye the Science Guy, the point is, I used to have something fun to look forward to. Now the only thing I look forward to on TV is Adult Swim at 10 O' clockerz at night, and the Cartoon Cartoons that still show on Boomerang. The only thing that saved my (in)sanity was the show Invader Zim,(Yes I know a Nick show, but worth mentioning as a last hope.) but eventually, and way too soon, that was gone too. They were showing Courage now and then on the weekends, and Ed Edd n' Eddy at four on week days for a little while, and sometimes the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. But then for some reason, they've recently stopped. The only newer show I ever watch is the Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, at least that holds a little of the good old off humor, and effort put into the animation. You can actually see a bit of the artist's style instead of just flash animated block people. WHAT A NEAT IDEA!

I am thankful for Boomerang, but annoyed by the fact that they had to make a channel "For Old Cartoons". And by the fact that not everyone gets the channel.

I'm currently on a mission to collect up as many of my old cartoons as I can before they're entirely lost.

The day that cartoons die is the day that I'm leaving for the moon, killing myself, or inciting Ragnarok. Or, I'm going to at least collect and preserve episodes. If I have children, I want them to watch cartoons, and good ones.

Underdog121488

[20]Dec 29, 2009
    I do believe things are starting to improve though.
    Have faith.