Courage the Cowardly Dog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2002)

ok guys lets get courage a nice time slot and some new episodes

Dogofcurage

[1]Jul 15, 2009
    • level: 5
    Hello guys im back once again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64P6cokhgJ0 that is my youtube where i will be recording stuff trying to encourage others to press CTN to look into making more episodes thanks and glad to be back!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CF3689

[2]Jul 17, 2009
    • level: 22

As much as I would love to see new eps of Courage, I doubt it'll happen. The show's been cancelled since 2002 & the cast & crew have moved on to other things. Although, it would be nice if CN would show reruns again.

Plus, if Cartoon Network DID make new eps, it just wouldn't be the same. Like, the animation would be different, different voices, etc.

Dogofcurage

[3]Jul 18, 2009
    Well i sent CTN a e-mail asking If they took the show off or the director decided to let it stand where it was. if it was CTN there is still hope if the director did it... yeah

famguyrocks

[4]Jul 18, 2009
    • level: 12

cartoon netwrok used to be quite a good channel with some good shows now it has gone completely downhill since the cancelations and stuff but i just want them to know one thing they have ruined themseleves they are much worse now

Dogofcurage

[5]Jul 19, 2009
    If they don't answer my e-mail ill call them a record it.

CF3689

[6]Jul 19, 2009
    famguyrocks wrote:

cartoon netwrok used to be quite a good channel with some good shows now it has gone completely downhill since the cancelations and stuff but i just want them to know one thing they have ruined themseleves they are much worse now

I agree. Especially since thery're showing crappy live-action shows.

Ed-Ventures

[7]Jul 25, 2009
    • level: 20

Im sorry to say but as much as we all want it to happen. It will never happen because they are not allowed to show it on tv anymore plus it has been cancelled.

Dogofcurage

[8]Jul 26, 2009
    not allowed to show it on TV anymore what ?

Underdog121488

[9]Jul 27, 2009
    • level: 16
    Yeah, I don't know what he's talking about either.
    Cartoon Network still shows it every once in a while.

CF3689

[10]Jul 27, 2009
    Ed-Ventures wrote:

Im sorry to say but as much as we all want it to happen. It will never happen because they are not allowed to show it on tv anymore plus it has been cancelled.

Why isn't it allowed to be aired?

Dogofcurage

[11]Jul 30, 2009
    They are still allowed to show it its on there "Shows" list on there website.

Underdog121488

[12]Jul 31, 2009
    • level: 16
    I don't understand what everyone is talking about.
    Courage is allowed to be shown on Cartoon Network.

They don't air much, but that doesn't mean its not allowed.
    Edited on 07/31/2009 2:47pm

Ed-Ventures

[13]Sep 27, 2009
    I ment there not allowed to make new episodes after it has been cancelled

Dogofcurage

[14]Oct 1, 2009
    Was courage ever really canceled ? its one of the only shows ive found that i couldint find a reason to its cancelization

Ed-Ventures

[15]Oct 2, 2009

Dogofcurage wrote:
    Was courage ever really canceled ? its one of the only shows ive found that i couldint find a reason to its cancelization

It was cancelled because you know what moms are like these days they complained about it being scary and also the crew that made it split up ages ago and moved onto new things

DarthFreeza

[16]Oct 4, 2009
    • level: 23

To be more accurate about the cancellation details, Courage the Cowardly Dog was cancelled very suddenly as a sort of "spur of the moment" decision. And it wasn't declared cancelled until a while after it was unofficially cancelled. The show ended very ubruptly even though it had still been quite successful. It had lived up to a four-year contract and there was alot of concideration for a fifth season before the project was dropped. They originally planned to revisit Courage again for a possible movie or even a renewing of the show but it never happened. So it was basically assumed to have been cancelled completely after that.

And just to clarify, the "complaining moms" did become a bit of a problem but a small one. Most shows have those parents who complain about the show being too scary for children or sending a bad message etc. But Courage never really had that big of an issue with that and it had nothing to do with the cancellation.

Ed-Ventures

[17]Oct 4, 2009
    DarthFreeza wrote:

To be more accurate about the cancellation details, Courage the Cowardly Dog was cancelled very suddenly as a sort of "spur of the moment" decision. And it wasn't declared cancelled until a while after it was unofficially cancelled. The show ended very ubruptly even though it had still been quite successful. It had lived up to a four-year contract and there was alot of concideration for a fifth season before the project was dropped. They originally planned to revisit Courage again for a possible movie or even a renewing of the show but it never happened. So it was basically assumed to have been cancelled completely after that.

And just to clarify, the "complaining moms" did become a bit of a problem but a small one. Most shows have those parents who complain about the show being too scary for children or sending a bad message etc. But Courage never really had that big of an issue with that and it had nothing to do with the cancellation.

Thanks for clearing the situation up it is a very detailed and good explination of what happend

DarthFreeza

[18]Oct 4, 2009
    Ed-Ventures wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:

Thanks for clearing the situation up it is a very detailed and good explination of what happend

Thank you and it was my pleasure

And to add a bit more clarity to the possibility of Courage returning with new episodes:

It is unlikely, but definately not impossible. I've seen supposedly cancelled shows return after a several years hiatus. And it only makes it all the more likely concidering that Courage never had a big drop in ratings or quality before it was cancelled. The main issue would be proving to CN that enough people are still interested in Courage. I'd say that it's more likely that a movie will be made or a soundtrack will be released then having the show return with new episodes.

Ed-Ventures

[19]Oct 5, 2009
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    Ed-Ventures wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:

Thank you and it was my pleasure And to add a bit more clarity to the possibility of Courage returning with new episodes: It is unlikely, but definately not impossible. I've seen supposedly cancelled shows return after a several years hiatus. And it only makes it all the more likely concidering that Courage never had a big drop in ratings or quality before it was cancelled. The main issue would be proving to CN that enough people are still interested in Courage. I'd say that it's more likely that a movie will be made or a soundtrack will be released then having the show return with new episodes.

Futurama was cancelled and like five years later it returned wih new episodes

DarthFreeza

[20]Oct 5, 2009
    Ed-Ventures wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    Ed-Ventures wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:

Thank you and it was my pleasure And to add a bit more clarity to the possibility of Courage returning with new episodes: It is unlikely, but definately not impossible. I've seen supposedly cancelled shows return after a several years hiatus. And it only makes it all the more likely concidering that Courage never had a big drop in ratings or quality before it was cancelled. The main issue would be proving to CN that enough people are still interested in Courage. I'd say that it's more likely that a movie will be made or a soundtrack will be released then having the show return with new episodes.

Futurama was cancelled and like five years later it returned wih new episodes

Exactly. So it is possible for Courage to return but I'd say it's more unlikely than likely.

And if Courage were to return it seems like most of the cast and writers are still around and willing to return to Courage.

We can always hope it will return some day, howver unlikely.