Ed-Ventures

[21]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 20
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    Ed-Ventures wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    Ed-Ventures wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:

To be more accurate about the cancellation details, Courage the Cowardly Dog was cancelled very suddenly as a sort of "spur of the moment" decision. And it wasn't declared cancelled until a while after it was unofficially cancelled. The show ended very ubruptly even though it had still been quite successful. It had lived up to a four-year contract and there was alot of concideration for a fifth season before the project was dropped. They originally planned to revisit Courage again for a possible movie or even a renewing of the show but it never happened. So it was basically assumed to have been cancelled completely after that.

And just to clarify, the "complaining moms" did become a bit of a problem but a small one. Most shows have those parents who complain about the show being too scary for children or sending a bad message etc. But Courage never really had that big of an issue with that and it had nothing to do with the cancellation.

Thanks for clearing the situation up it is a very detailed and good explination of what happend

Thank you and it was my pleasure And to add a bit more clarity to the possibility of Courage returning with new episodes: It is unlikely, but definately not impossible. I've seen supposedly cancelled shows return after a several years hiatus. And it only makes it all the more likely concidering that Courage never had a big drop in ratings or quality before it was cancelled. The main issue would be proving to CN that enough people are still interested in Courage. I'd say that it's more likely that a movie will be made or a soundtrack will be released then having the show return with new episodes.

Futurama was cancelled and like five years later it returned wih new episodes

Exactly. So it is possible for Courage to return but I'd say it's more unlikely than likely. And if Courage were to return it seems like most of the cast and writers are still around and willing to return to Courage. We can always hope it will return some day, howver unlikely.

Lets just have faith

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Dogofcurage

[22]Oct 10, 2009
    • level: 5
    Yes... i have a feeling CTN is going to take a look at its halloween ratings this year..

Ed-Ventures

[23]Dec 30, 2009
    • level: 20

Dogofcurage wrote:
    Yes... i have a feeling CTN is going to take a look at its halloween ratings this year..

Did they?

Thunder

[24]Sep 5, 2012
    • level: 3

They wouldn't bring it back, CN's main demographic is children, and because of CTCG ending in 2002/2003 and their rare airings of it kids wouldn't really know that much about it. They wouldn't know Courage Muriel, etc. and thus a 5th season probably wouldn't work.