Courting Alex

CBS (ended 2006)

Courting Alex Fan Reviews (16)

• I wish CBS would of Renewed this show.

Although not having the ocasill laugh in every episode, to me it was a great show. By the third episode it was starting to get funny. With the party she threw {or somebody else did like her father} And the neibor. I think if they gave it another shot it made of been a great show.{sorry about the spelling mistakes I am not a good speller}
  • So bummed it's on hiatus!

I personally have enjoyed every episode of this show, and I was completly bummed to hear it was taken off for a while. I would much rather watch this show than The Amazing Race. I am so sick of Reality TV shows. I'm sick of watching television put peoples lives on the air, stress them out, and then sometimes humiliate them on the air. It's pathetic. Give me sit-coms anyday, and Courting Alex is one I could watch over and over. I love the witty sense of humor, and I love seeing Dabney Coleman in prime-time. He makes that show!!!
  • Really pretty good!

At first I thought this show was bad, but once the show got past its first couple of episodes I started to like it. It is really good and airs now on Wednesday's at 8:30 instead of its premiering time a day (Monday's at 9:30). Watch the show because it is really funny!
  • cool to the max cut so funny

rly rly rly rly funny
    i love love love love this show its hillarious the character development, plot setting and theme is too good ot be true but it retrospective its just rly great show all around i hope it stays on air forver
  • A typical sitcom with a less-than-original story but the star (Jenna Elfman), supporting cast and some witty writing make it a nice little show.

The show is not particularly inovative - nor does it try but if offers 22 minutes of mildy comedic moments and a few laugh-out-loud situations.

Jenna Elfman certainly brings the show up a notch as does her counterpart Josh Randall. A bigger role for Dabney Coleman would help the show and I would loose the Assistant (Rhea Seehorn) quickly.

Overall a typical show which offers some enjoyable programming.
  • Super fun. Welcome back, Jenna.

This is a refreshing change for CBS Monday. A comedy whose main character is a woman. Not a ray or a doug or a charlie. A comedy with a lawyer in it. That's a change also. I have great new reason to watch TV before CSI: Miami. Thank you CBS.
  • A single lawyer in conflict between his fathers will and her own life.

7.1
    Nice to see Jenna Elfman back on tv. Dharma and Greg was a great show. This is not as good. At least not the start.

The main problem is that this is in a way a rewrite of Dharma and Greg. Greg was a lawyer and Dharma was an opend minded child of the nature. They were quite different but instantly connected. In Courting Alex(Which is kind a silly name) Jenna plays a lawyer who is a bit uptight until she finds a more working class man. Again two worlds collide and they connect in some level. The stupidest part is that both shows got a lawyer in it.

The show start is okay maybe a bit pushing. The jokes aren't that original and the laugh behind the camera sounds like taken from a sound bank or something. The british neighbour is just bad. Every series has to have their own comic sidekick from some other culture? The main problem is that he doesen't feel british at all.

We'll just have to see what happens. Nowadays series just don't the time to develop so they're in a rush to get this work.
  • No, no, no! This is NOT a show worth watching! Either it will get better soon, or it will soon follow "Emily's reasons", and with good reason!

5.5
    Courting Alex has nothing special.

A dull setting, a not-so-bright list of actors, and although Jenna Elfman should be a "good news" for the show, she's actually playing a bit of Dharma all over again. I'm not saying that for D&G fans this isn't good news - on the contrary - - but speaking for the rest of us not-so-adoring Dharma and Greg, er, I would say she could at least try and make Alex Rose a different character.

I was supposed to laugh, I know. But it just didn't happen. I was also supposed to be intrigued or rather curious to see whether or not Alex should choose Scott or not (But I could also forsee it 2 minutes after he appeared), and when the show was over, all I was left wondering about was - "What the hell did I spend the last 35 minutes or so watching?"...

I just hope the show will find a better direction, I'm giving it another chance this week, but that's the last!
  • Unwatchable show, nothing original, who would want to seriously "court" Alex anyhow?

1.9
    I'm not sure that there's anything to redeem this show over Emily's Reason Why Not (which was cancelled after 1 episode). Both shows feature leading women who are single & difficult to get to know. In the case of Courting Alex she's a successful workaholic. In the pilot she's having dinner at a restaurant & her date has to call her cellphone (from across the table) to get her attention. It's an unlikely catastrophe. This is the type of sitcom comedy where nothing is original & there's no semblence of meaningful drama. It will be interesting to see how long this show can ride on the coat tails of Jenna Elfman/Dharma (who now acts more like Greg).
  • CBS was probably dreaming or...

3.6
    CBS was probably drunk from the night before when they signed onto this crap.

I watched the Pilot last night, and altough I got some great quotes from it, why was such a great show like Out of Practice put on the shelf in other to that this crap could come on?

Anyway the show is about a lawyer who works to hard, neglect her dates, when she does go on one until suddenly because some guy talks to her about being implusive she is taking a new lease on life.

BORING!
  • Im a huge fan of Jenna and I think it's great dhe is returning..... good start.... very original ! I love the guy she is supposevily dating now. I loved Dharam and Greg form like 4 yers ago but this may bypass Jenna's quirky ditz character. Congrats to he

I love that this is the first show i've seen about a lawyer in a dating fix. Jenna is so amazing. It is basically abouut a workaholic lawyer who never has time for the dating world. And the audience wittnesses this in the very first episode because she continues to answer her phone on a date. Good Start for a new show.
  • Jenna Elfman is playing a lawyer in the new show Courting Alex. The object of desire is former Ed star Josh Randall who so far owns a bar and is being equally as charming and obnoxious.

I still don't like the Classification I have to choose. So ignore "Go back" What was that?".
    ------

It’s kind of funny how Thomas Cavanagh who played Ed in Ed turned up in new show just last week - Love Monkey - and now Josh Randall in Courting Alex. Is Jason Dailys faith playing us a prank? To top that Ed’s love interest, Carrol Vessey played by Julie Bowen, was dumping the Doc (Matthew Fox) last week in Lost.

Back to Courting Alex. Mostly I get a hmm sort of feeling watching a new show, which really means “okay, I’ll give it another chance next week”. Or I decide that I don’t like it but will watch another ep to confirm my own opinion. That is the usual respons to new shows, and it’s not my fault. Make better shows for freaks sake. Now watching Courting Alex I only got positive vibes. The jokes where good, Jenna is good - and hotter than every, Randall is both funny and charming. I won’t say anything as usual after just one episode, but all in all I did really like this one.

I still don\'t like the Classification I have to choose. So ignore \"Go back\" What was that?\".
    ------

• the show was alex a lawyer who is so into her job that she sucks at having a regular life. on dates she takes calls and at the office she gets lectured on how to date by her dad. she is up tight and doesnt know how to let loose.

all this show is dharma and greg without greg and now dharma is the uptight lawyer with the stick up her ass.the show was alex a lawyer who is so into her job that she sucks at having a regular life. on dates she takes calls and at the office she gets lectured on how to date by her dad. she is up tight and doesnt know how to let loose.
  • i mean all these shows are about is stupid people trying to rework their lives after 30 or 40

1.4
    networks continue to buy crap. . .why? i watched the pilot and it is the bottom of the barrel. it\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s not funny, it\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s not witty, it\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s not smart, it\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s just plain dull & boring with no comedic timing, rhyme or reason. and it goes to show that like julia louis-dreyfus, jenna elfman too will fall victim to \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"the curse\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" of once popular stars.
  • NAME CHANGED TO COURTING ALEX

7.2
    Name Changed to Courting AlexName Changed to Courting AlexName Changed to Courting AlexName Changed to Courting AlexName Changed to Courting AlexName Changed to Courting AlexName Changed to Courting AlexName Changed to Courting AlexName Changed to Courting AlexName Changed to Courting AlexName Changed to Courting AlexName Changed to Courting AlexName Changed to Courting AlexName Changed to Courting Alex