Covert Affairs

Tuesday 10:00 PM on USA Premiered Jul 13, 2010 In Season

TesserT

Covert Affairs Fan Reviews (60)

7.8
  • the blind guy has a monitor so others can see

the information that that is being "translated" into his headphones.

annie sees the info on the screen while a speech program describes it to augie
  • mistakes

Hi,

Ive just watched S04E10 on foxlife in Europe. The show is about spies-all about details importance. But the show ( not the first time) made an appearance mistakes.. Annie is in Germany and is going into the bank with flat into camera gives large picture of her lying on the floor with high heels the end of the show,Annie walks out with the flat shoes again. This is not the first time made mistakes. Show is good and would be great not to have such major mistakes. Thanks.
  • Director needs to restore Annie's reputation

in the most recent episode 6, Auggie tells Annie that she puts the mission ahead of him whereas he puts her ahead of the mission. This makes sense and it is how it should be because Annie puts the mission even ahead of herself and that is exactly why Auggie needs to look out for her and put her ahead of the mission. On the other hand, since Auggie tends to put his close friends ahead of the mission, it raises the likelihood that the mission may fail and so Annie has to let him do what he must and try to secure the mission.

This way, the mission gets accomplished and Auggie saves Annie and his other friends.

The stupid director needs to bring this point out and restore Annie's reputation. Why did she even bother marrying the fool
  • blind guy with a monitor

5.5
    I need help understanding why the blind guy has a monitor in front of him.

Any logical explanation is welcome.
  • used to be good

shame how the program has deteriorated into a sex fest.
  • cast and crew

they need to get rid of hill harper
  • How much better would this be?

Hollywood wonders why they are losing audience.

The feminists are killing off the good shows which had strong male casts by insisting more females get added. So the female is given the lead part written for the male actor without any change or logic that it is a girl in a man's role.

This is just taking good parts for men and giving them to woman for some liberal social experiment and quota. Then you ask why are the strong action shows failing. Even Big Bang about social awkward geeks has turned into Friends.

• Annie get your gun

I know some fans like to see Annie as a modern day Mata Hari but I find endless series of Annie gets her end away predictable and tedious.

Now Little Noddy has had his turn, Big Ears returns next week and there have been hot and meaningful glances with McQuaid who has even gifted her with a gun as a crude romantic gesture!

Who will be next? Can't wait.
  • Really?

In S05E02 - False Skorpion, Annie follows a terrorist to a Mosque (?) in Maracaibo, Venezuela (?).

OK, it's a Latin American-looking place, people speak Spanish etc etc.

But then the camera zooms out to a broad aerial view of downtown Salvador, Bahia, Brazil, which is one of the country's best-known landmarks, where the area with Lacerda Elevator and the Mercado Modelo are instantly recognizable to 200 million Brazilians and quite a few foreigners. That's not showing good homework.

I had a good laugh at it, but I didn't think the director's intention was for it to be funny. Not even the same language is spoken in Salvador, Bahia, Brazil and Maracaibo, Venezuela. In times where accurate information is found in thousands of websites, that was definitely poor homework.

But I'll follow the show into its fifth year - it's a great series

• When is this show returning to UK tv?

I have been watching this show when it first came over to the UK. But it has been gone for a bit. When is it coming back?
  • JUST NOT FEELING IT...

I am a FAN of the show and the characters; however, I JUST CANNOT believe Annie as this great spy that has all of the sudden gone "dark". The entire second half of the season, I trudged though in loyalty.

Not that I'm a fan of dragging things along, but perhaps they needed to drag this out a bit more to show Annie transforming into this undercover-dead-dark-operative. It just feels like she went from her ridiculous Louboutin's to Doc Martis's and driving her bright red YOU CAN'T REALY FOLLOW ANYBODY car to riding Motorcycles way too soon.

Still a fan though,
  • She have everything, she deserve more time in the screen and will be surpirse some directors...

She can assume more complicated roles, is deep and she seduce almost every one, some time need to be more convincing in some parts of his role. Congratulations Piper, continuous your hard work!!

Julio
  • language, really?

I was so glad and relieved to finally find a TV show that didn't use foul language, but you had to mess that up didn't you? And not only mess it up but do it to the worst degree possible; cursing God. First of all the show was excellent without cursing of any sort but then you had to go and mess things up and what is wrong with you, you really think cursing God is going to help? Well, I'd bet you would never think about cursing Allah, Budda or Muhamad? And tell me why not, why do you think it's ok to curse God but not one of the false gods? I for one am truly offended and will not continue to watch your program if it is in your plan to do that again. I really hope it isn't.

• Home Field Advantage?

The Chinese should have taken Wilcox AND Walker!!! Wilcox was ex-CIA with no money and no connections. Tom Clancy is rolling in his grave!!! At the very least, Wilcox was worth trading for last week's dude. Oh well. Pretty girls are not enough for a lasting series, get better writers.
  • " Good luck"

I love this episode because there was lots of action for every characters.

I love Joan and Arthur fighting for their lives and make peace, Annie and Auggie supporting each other and Calder, Annie and Auggie fight together as a team to catch Henry and the finale scene "Hello, Ms. Walker"
  • General Questiion regardin languages

As a German working in the TV and movie industrie for almost two decades, I have come to know a lot of Germans that went to LA to persue their careers, so I really wonder why shows like Covert Affairs (and a lot of other shows) do not employ them when eg Piper Perabo is talking German to some extra in "Berlin" or "Vienna". It can't be the money, but over here we are cringing.
  • Enough with Henry!!!

I like the show, I really do, but I'm sick of Henry anymore. All good characters as Ben, Simon, Teo, Danielle, Jai and my favorite Eyal are gone, and I'm about to stop watching it, because it annoys me the way story goes... I hope writers will do something about it.
  • Seems the writers are totally lost...

This Henry Wilcox thing has dragged on to the point where I can't even watch the show any longer. We no what is going to happen - Annie is either going to nail Wilcox or the writers are going to drag this out for 3 more seasons. They should drop the "Covert" from the title. The writers seem to have lost their way and just dragging out a story line that should've been 4-6 episodes tops into 20+. It's like watching a 20 hour mini-series - or a soap opera - absolutely ridiculous. It's as if the writing staff just doesn't know how to end this - or they're intentionally dragging it out to string along fans. I was a fan but it's just silly and, in a way, insulting, now. If I want to watch a neverending story I'll put on General Hospital.
  • Are CIA agents that incompetent?

I have been watching this show for the last month or so and it makes me wonder whether the network is writing the plots based on real stuff from the real CIA. This girl doesn't seem to hit one right. If the real agents are as ineffective as this actress is at being a CIA agent, no wonder we keep getting bombed out, get terrorists in NY, CIA honchos kept getting caught by the local police (Petreaus anyone?), employees can't keep a secret, anybody can get in there, secret papers are for sale by high school dropouts pretending to have an education (E. Snowden), and so on. Every time I watch the show, everything she tries does not work at all and her plans are rather pitiful. My co-workers and I make bets on the spot how it all going to end up for her at the end of each episode: bad. She sure is a lousy agent.
  • Dead in the water

Covert Affairs has gotten to be one of the worst shows on tv. Annie isn't the same person anymore. The show doesn't even have a plot anymore. They need to go back to the way it used to be

• It's alive!!

These last episodes are sure making up for all the previous bleh ones. I can finally say that I can't wait for next episode!! Keep it up, Covert Affairs!!
  • Not Quite ALIAS

You will find enough action and place to see but its not quite the same as the Sydney from Alias fame. ITs been three seasons and it still feels as if the show can kick some more and have more explosions and make the plot more devious. Currently the predictability is kind of old school. If I miss an episode the world won't stop.
  • Auggie & Annie

i love Auggie & Annie together. just like BF & GF
  • Lame and Boring Sorry...

Blah Blah Blah,,,,pretty blond chick as a spy totally unrealistic and Auggie is being played as a blind softie. .Blind people I know have some edge to them. Annie is always running around. There is never any time to show she DOES have another life. She sucks as a spy,always looking surprised while in each assignment. I think if you let Auggie go nuts and do some things that are evil,it would add excitement. As it is now,he seems like a helpless puppy dog tagging along after Annie all the time. This show has sucked since day one. I tune in like once every few months and it still hasn't changed. Suits is boring except for Louis. Burn Notice rocks,so does NCIS. Necessary Roughness was good the first few episodes,but that went down the drain also. What happened to quality shows? The Soul Man, the Exes aren't very good either( I watch it for Holly cause she is awesome). Hot in Cleveland makes me want to throw up,such horrible acting ... Please get these crappy shows OFF and put some good shows on .I know SOMEONE out there can think of a good plot for a show . And why do you butcher our comments? You leave out words and the whole paragraph ends up making no sense?
  • Awesome show

I am tired of waiting between seasons for the show to come back on. I watch it regularly and it keeps me entertain from beginning to end and rate it as good as Burn Notice and NCIS....
  • A joke

After watching several seasons of Spooks I decided to watch the first episode of this show that was suggested by Netflix. Is this show a student project or satire? I couldn't finish watching it as it was so bad.
  • Time to grow up Annie

The show has gotten better over time. However, it's time for Annie's character to developed an identity and stop appearing as a CIA operative in training. It would nice if she could reflect a persona like Genea Davis, in the movie "A Long kiss Good Night." Or, Gina Carano, in "Haywire." Those movies were well done and laid a good foundation for women in action movies. It's unfortunate neither movie was followed up. Annie needs to step up and kick some a** next season via the first season of "Alis" with Jennifer Garner another female CIA agent
  • Best spy show on cable (sorry BN!)

I love me some spy stories. This is a smart, suspense-filled, action, drama with just the right amount of chemistry between the main characters. It gets better every season! I love, love, love the fact that this show actually shoots some of its stories in Europe and the East. It gives the show a fantastic realism that others do not match. I hope that it stays on the air for a long time to come!

. I'm still a fan of Burn Notice too :-)
  • Covert Affairs Is Right!

LOVE THAT PIPER! :)
  • Getting Better and Better

Did not think they could make this show any more exiciting, but the last few shows raise the level of excitement and intrigue to new levels. My wife and I find this to be our favorite show. Keep up the great work!
< 1 2